Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-ACO-DMT 25mg? - 3rd time - Faceplant

calaverasgrande

Greenlighter
Well I'm pretty experienced with hallucinogens. I've probably got several hundred LSD trips under my belt. 2 or 3 dozen shroom experiences. Had some encounters with PCP and some variety of DMT a couple decades ago.
Acquired 250mg of 4-Aco-DMT, and have had 2 unsuccessful tries at dosing it. The first from smoking, the 2nd from insufflation.
Then I tried taking it in a supplement capsule. This worked great. I had two good experiences in this fashion.

However, I do not have a scale, so I am just eyeballing it. More on this later.
So I decide I need to share my new found toy with a friend. I message him and we debate for a while on a good time and place. Finally settling for a weekend day.

We meet up for lunch then head back to his place. I show him the funny looking tan granules. And then we look at a couple of the capsules I'd filled.
Again I eyeball it and we both take one capsule with what looks like the same amount of material. This is at about 7pm.

720pm or so He announces that we have to go walk his brothers dog. So we head out to his bros place. About 15 blocks away. By the time we get there, we are both feeling a little edgy. We take the critter for a trot. Then dump him back at the place.
8pm or so. We decide to cut through the very large urban park on the way back.

Huge mistake. It's night time. The park is vast and mysterious. We get lost. My friend is getting pretty disoriented, I'm not even getting visuals yet,
just an overall trip ramp up feel.
830pm I finally manage to get us back in the right direction with my phone. We unload at his studio space across from his house by about 9pm or so.
We are just kicking back talking about what this tan, clumpy stuff is supposed to do, and next thing I know I am completely disassociated. I can't keep track of what he is saying and what I am saying.

I am suddenly determined to go across the street to my friends apartment and get my messenger bag and head back to my place.
(this is a typical thing I try to do when a trip is getting wild, or i have gotten far too drunk. Head for the safety of the nest no matter how difficult it will be to make the voyage home).

I get about halfway down the stairs and have a pretty funny encounter with a door.

Basically it's a card access door. It is never going to open for me. And I do not need to go this way to get outside.
However, I've somehow evolved some hilarious trip logic that if I can do the right sequence of things I can open the door. Then I will be able to magically step out of the door in the next town over. Teleporting.
Okay that is all fine and good. I've had similar silly conundrums in the past. It lasts about 10 minutes. Then someone says your name and you move on.
This went deeper though.
The next wrinkle was that I had gotten popped out of the universe for a moment. Coming back in I was presented with a very, very wide array of choices.
Each of which was just like the universe I left but with one thing changed. For instance someone close to me would not exist. Or they would exist but be different.
The worst was that in some variations of this I'd be a racist, or a homophobe. My friend I was hanging out with is black, and I've got a few gay and lesbian friends as well, so this is a non-starter!
So here I am stuck in this Rick and Morty trap, I keep trying to find the right sequence of things to satisfy the conditions of opening the door, and end up in the right universe.
Then it becomes a musical. So I have to make a little song out of it, and hit the wall with my hands a few times to the time of the music.
Great. I hate musicals!
Then for some idiotic reason I started hitting my head against the wall as well.
I think I probably hit my head about 10-20 times. It still hurts.
My buddy was powerless to do anything because he was likewise tripping very hard, and he is about half my size. I'm not a violent person or anything, but on more than one occasion people have remarked that I am kind of a scary looking person.
Well finally my buddy brought me my jacket and I settled for this universe.
That appears to have been at around 1130pm or so.

Lessons learned;
Weigh out your 4-aco-DMT.
Oh my god weigh it out! The visual appearance of both capsules was the same tiny amount. But I got far more wigged out than my buddy, how had never done any DMT at all.

Have a trip chaperone!
I'd probably have never made it down the stairs if we had simply had a sober-ish person to intervene. I would easily have been open to a suggestion to stay the heck in the studio.

Probably also a good idea to choose a place with non-concrete walls!

I will say that this was not a negative experience for me. I was confronted with deep seated fears I have of my own nascent bigotry. I grew up in a very backwards part of the deep south. So I am always afraid that my 'redneck' will be showing.
It was very much an experience like Luke and Yoda on Dagobah. The only thing you find in there is what you take with you.

substancecode_4acodmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_thirdtime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
This substance is great for facing fears/negative aspects of your life that are otherwise too painful to face head on when sober. I wish I didn’t abuse the 10gs I procured as I would still likely have some to this day. One good thing to come from over-doing it was lasting introspection that allows me to face these type of problems head on even in my sober mind state. Nothing quite compares to those CEV’s either. I’d say stick with ~30mg oral doses no more than 2 times a month(and ALWAYS weigh your doses;)). Nice report!

Yeah, I am still assimilating the experience a week and a half later.
It is kind of funny that earlier in the day I was trying to explain what the term 'ego-death' means. My friend is not inexperienced when it comes to hallucinogens. And has more experience than I do with the whole candy flipping scene. But I guess he has never read any of the McKenna books or similar.
Later on that night. About 4am or so. We were watching Ghostmane and other whacky stuff and I had to say to my buddy who was also coming down;
"tonight? That is what ego-death looks like".