• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Test Kit Plus reagents

Dan7799

Greenlighter
I purchased Test Kit Plus reagents to test a blue e pill. The ones I bought were the marquis, mandelin, and the mecke. These all have sulfuric acid in them with other toxic chemicals in them. The marquis has sulfuric acid and formaldehyde. The marquis has sulfuric acid and ammonium metavanadate. The mecke has sulfuric acid and selenous acid in it. I broke the blue e pill in three small separate parts and put them all spaced out on one white ceramic plate. Then I put three drops of each reagent on the blue e pill. It turns out the blue e pill was meth. When I finished testing it I only put baking soda on top of the ceramic plate with the three reagents on top to neutralize it because of the sulfuric acid. It started to make sounds like a fizzing I guess that was the chemical reaction of it neutralizing. I was standing right over the plate when it was neutralizing. And I wasn't wearing any respiratory mask. My question is how dangerous are the fumes that come from these reagents when you put baking soda on top of it to neutralize it. Because I had a bad headache after and I'm worried.

The amounts involved are miniscule and present no risk unless you drank the liquids or got them on your skin.

You can wash affected areas with cold water if you do come into contact with the liquids and your body will heal 100%.

The gas given off when acids react with sodium bicarbonate is carbon dioxide. To dispose of reagents in the future, it is better to wash them down the sink with cold running water than try to neutralise them.

This is because neutralisation is a fast reaction which can spit and give off heat, but dilution quickly makes the chemicals harmless without reacting.

Thanks for the replies guys. It means a lot to me.That same day when I tested I put a little bit of the blue e pill in a little plastic tube container with a lid on top that came with the Test Kit Plus. I put 3 drops of marquis in the plastic container then when I was done testing I put baking soda inside the tube to nutralize it. I left the tube alone for a minute while it was neutralizing then I closed the lid on top of the tube then I put the tube standing on the table. About a minute later when I was siting by the table the plastic tube top exploded open propelling it a couple feet in the air releasing bits of marquis reagent mixed with baking soda over the table and floor. But at the point when the marquis reagent went on table and floor it was already combined with the baking soda in a white foamy state. So my question is when its in this state combined with the baking soda its not dangerous anymore right? If I had got some in my eye when the plastic tube exploded I would know right away because it would hurt or I would feel something...correct? And Even though it went on the floor and table in this state a simple wipe with a wet rag would be enough to clean up the area where the floor is not contaminated...right or no??

You are correct that once neutralised the risk is very low, and you would certainly have felt it sting a lot if it got in your eye. So definitely nothing to worry about.

Definitely just wash away with running water next time, it is much safer than baking soda, as you have seen!