• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Starting Methadone real soon

Do ya get any buzz aka euphoria on mdone?

Yes if the dose is sufficient methadone is very euphoric for most people.

Of course the idea is that it shouldn't be and the amount prescribed should be just enough to keep you out of withdrawl.

The problem is though, that even though it has a long half life, some people are fast metabolizers meaning that if they dose once a day, in order for the dose to hold them for a full 24 hours the need a high amount and this results in them getting high from it.. the ideal solution would be to lower their dose and dose twice per day but most clinics don't allow that

I got a stupid doctor I could use as much as I can. I am on 300 mg oxy but I get no high. I cold turkey from suboxone and it messed something up in my receptors. But the real pin in the ass is I take around 8 mg of klonopin and that is preventing me to switch to mdone. I cannot wean off my oxy due to depression and mdone is a good choice but combo with benzo might kill me.

I got a stupid doctor I could use as much as I can. I am on 300 mg oxy but I get no high. I cold turkey from suboxone and it messed something up in my receptors. But the real pin in the ass is I take around 8 mg of klonopin and that is preventing me to switch to mdone. I cannot wean off my oxy due to depression and mdone is a good choice but combo with benzo might kill me.

8mg klonopin is huge.. that's like 160mg diazepam equivalent

That's fucked up sketched... If you pay cash you can come once a month? Not have to jump through fucking hoops to earn just a day of take-homes after a month. I probably wouldn't be using heroin if I was given that option, but there's strict regulations here no matter what.

That's fucked up sketched... If you pay cash you can come once a month? Not have to jump through fucking hoops to earn just a day of take-homes after a month. I probably wouldn't be using heroin if I was given that option, but there's strict regulations here no matter what.

Yeah that's fucked up. The poor on Medicaid are treated badly. Thank God my methadone clinic treat everybody the same whether it be cash, insurance, or medi-cal (Medicaid in Cali).

Methadone can help, but its a pitfall if your not careful. Every clinic Ive been to, they do nothing to motivate people to get off of it or lower the dosage. If you have Medicaid you can see why this would be problematic. Its a nasty drug, compounds in the liver since daily dosing overlaps its long half life (up to 72 hours), and its supposed to seep even into spinal fluid. The process of getting off can be easy and comfortable if done slowly, the problem is actually doing it as its easier to just stay on it. I went from 100mg to nothing over a process of 2 years, overall it helped. I was clean for those 2 years, have been ever since. Suboxone is more for withdrawal alleviation, methadone is opiate replacement.

If you struggle with staying on suboxone and relapsing, methadone will help. It will still get you high, its not the same but its just enough to satiate that need. In time the habits and the daily junky structure get broken, so when the time comes and your on nothing you can handle it. If your on it long enough, the entire game will probably change by the end. For me by the time I was off it everyone I knew from drug circles was either dead or in jail, so I couldn't relapse even if I wanted to.