how do i send my bands demo to record companies?

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
Hello... im not sure if this is the right place for this question...

i was wondering if anybody here can tell me how to send my bands demo to a record company. It's very complicated now because everything is done electronically... i have already put the songs on soundcloud but i dont know where to go from there. And i am aware that certain record companies dont accept unsolicited demos so that is also a problem for me...

do you guys know how to send unsolicited demos to appropriate record companies?? i would really like to just make an attempt to get it out there and have somebody important take a listen to it. ive looked some stuff up but its all very confusing to me and i kinda just wanted a straight forward response that tells me how to do this in the best way possible... im also having trouble uploading the songs to youtube but thats for another thread...

thank you for anyone who is willing to help

^What record label? Most big labels will have an A&R department which you would need to contact as they do the selecting.

If its a small label, they should have somewhere on their website telling you what to do. I've had a few single tracks released but it was a small electronic label and I was making music that the label owners were keen on anyhow, but they also had a section through which unsolicited demo's were called for. They accepted soundcloud/bandcamp etc. They did not accept physical demo's.

Make sure you are sending .wav files or anything uncompressed.

Ps. I'd be interested in hearing your music too :)