Training Split

ElkHorn

Bluelighter
What kind of training split do you guys run?

I was running a full body push/full body pull split, but i wasn't getting enough recovery time.

Switching back to a standard PPL for the time being.

German Volume Training.

Day 1) Chest & Back
Day 2) Shoulders & Arms
Day 3) Legs
Day 4) off
Day 5 repeat

I'm on a decent amount of gear and gh (and young) so my training is pretty demanding.
Monday- heavy chest with progressive overload on incline press. Some delt work
Tuesday: back with rows And pulldowns as progressive overload
Wednesday: legs with po squats
Thursday: delts with PO overhead press and some accessory chest workout
Friday: arms GVT style with some back accessory
Saturday : high volume leg day.
Sunday: rest
Its brutal to keep going sometimes.

Chest & accessory biceps
Back & accessory triceps
Legs
Shoulders
Arms

Either 2 on/1 off or 3 on/1off

It's very rare you get 2 people training the same yet we've all made gains....the conclusion I came to long ago is that as long as you're lifting weights and getting stronger over time, it doesn't matter all that much what you do... the main thing is to find a routine you enjoy and you'll be more likely to stick to it....

Consistency has always been the key....and if you don't enjoy your routine you won't be consistent with it.

^That. Optimal training is different for everyone but consistency and hard work is key

Right now I am working on a five day rotation. Now it doesn't matter WHEN I do each exercise in each cycle iteration, just as long as I get it in. Incline barbell bench, for example, may be on day 1 of 5 this iteration, but day 4 of 5 on the next iteration. This allows me flexibility for what equipment is free/taken at the gym, how pip is on any given day, any DOMS I have, if I have a spotter, and so on. As long as I make progressive overload on everything every five days...

Now I have one gym I go to for strength training and another one I go to for hypertrophy stuff. I have 12 exercises I am strength training on (3-5 two sets), so every five days I try and progress on each of these 12 lifts. Squat, bench, rack pull, weighted chins, etc.

And I have around 20 exercises I do for hypertrophy at the other gym every five days. Pulldowns, dumbbell presses, hamstrings, etc. Same thing, really, where it only matters when I do them as much as I am sure to do each one every five days.

So it's essentially powerbuilding. That's how I got big as a natural and I haven't really changed my training philosophy since starting gear. I just can use more weight.

I like to train full body because I am stronger this way, and there is less soreness. PIP really makes this difficult, though.

I change my routine all the time, usually once a month or so, to keep things interesting. As others have said, whatever you do choose to do, make sure you keep at it consistently :)

@RL Sounds like a solid routine. I'm envious of being able to go to two gyms lol. So I have to bring up the elephant in the room:
Are you still planning to cycle? I'm just excited to follow your progress lol and you seem to be getting what you want from gear and making very good progress.

@RL Sounds like a solid routine. I'm envious of being able to go to two gyms lol. So I have to bring up the elephant in the room:
Are you still planning to cycle? I'm just excited to follow your progress lol and you seem to be getting what you want from gear and making very good progress.

I will most likely cruise out of this cycle. It's the emotional roller coaster that will do me in. I don't care if I lose strength or mass because I see how quickly it comes back the next cycle. I love that about gear, where if you've slacked off, you can get from repping 185 to repping 225 in a couple sessions, whereas naturally it takes months and tons of volume.

But ya, whenever something good enters your life that helps you deal with existential pain and the horrors of the world, losing that thing just creates such an empty feeling. And I see that gear will be like this. The first few weeks off cycle felt so lonely and pathetic, like I was the timid and scared little boy I used to be. Now I do anticipate that if I blast and cruise, that crusing might be like this. No motivation to train unless I am blasting. Feeling like progress is impossible, like my life lacks something. But I see how blasting and causing helps with long-term stable gains and quality of life.

I will most likely cruise out of this cycle. It's the emotional roller coaster that will do me in. I don't care if I lose strength or mass because I see how quickly it comes back the next cycle. I love that about gear, where if you've slacked off, you can get from repping 185 to repping 225 in a couple sessions, whereas naturally it takes months and tons of volume.

But ya, whenever something good enters your life that helps you deal with existential pain and the horrors of the world, losing that thing just creates such an empty feeling. And I see that gear will be like this. The first few weeks off cycle felt so lonely and pathetic, like I was the timid and scared little boy I used to be. Now I do anticipate that if I blast and cruise, that crusing might be like this. No motivation to train unless I am blasting. Feeling like progress is impossible, like my life lacks something. But I see how blasting and causing helps with long-term stable gains and quality of life.

To keep in theme with this thread:
Going the bnc route eliminated ALL the negatives of coming off for me. For some arbitrary numbers, say blasting you're at 100%, coming off completely you drop to 70% but cruising... Easy 85%. Honestly I can keep the same routine but drop the volume a bit. Strength almost stays the same, like half the days I'll have the same strength as a blast and half the time you'll be almost there. Especially if you on a higher cruise like 250-300/week test (a couple guys I know have blood work to confirm they need 300/week enanthate to be high normal test and that's their prescribed trt dose). It really changed my life both in the gym and out when I made the decision to stay on.

Disclaimer:
The decision to blast and cruise IS NOT for those who are not ready for a potentially life long commitment. I recommend anyone thinking on taking this route to do thorough research and list out pros and cons to see if this choice is right for you. Remember this means living with INJECTING yourself potentially for the rest of your life.

^Best decision of my life yet but definitely one to weigh heavily

Nope, not really.

I previously competed at a national level in swimming in high school, hence my username. Gave that up in college for lifting and been weight training for about 6 years now and competing for 4 years. Not long but love it

Talking of training splits etc....fellas you should see my new training partner...just a walking erection giver. I'm training her for a local show so I basically train whatever she wants to as I'm just messing around in the gym, but I have her do GVT..

But fuck me she's hot.