• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

How to perpetuate freedom.

Asclepius

Bluelight Crew
In yourself and with others. Is it a `First amendment concept` to you, or is is something other that what youve been taught? What is your perception of freedom - how do you define the boundaries; what frightens you about the notion of freedom? Have you even considered its definitions/possible implications - what does it mean to you?

Am interested in how people on here, navigate the social reality that is based on financial hierarchica,l dominance - do you ignore it,;think of how financial systems keep these hierarchys in place; navigate it in your own interest ( who wouldnt?) BUT without questioning the social order, imposed...

Maybe, there is a sense in others controlling the order - perhaps, it initiates a sense of anxiety...do you feel dimempowered; apathetic; empowered by not knowing what you are governed by....

it`s a giant chasm but interested on opinions, of feelings, thoughs and possible actions/solutions?

Boundaries of freedom: In everyday life there are responsibilities and limitations on my time and what I am physically and mentally capable of doing.

My freedom is mainly the time I have to myself when my child is asleep, Im relaxed and dont have to tend to anyone else.

Im pretty much free as a bird to do anything escapist: read a book, movie, write, sleep, muck around with e friends I cant see usually.

Freedom is frightening if it becomes more important than your responsibilities or you have more than you think. Also what if you come to your free place to find it gone? Then you have to begin again somewhere else.

There are always hierarchical systems who come into play anywhere. At home, at work, any social structure.

True freedom is knowing they exist and vaguely where they stand with their rules they impose on you.

If your freedom is happily accommodated then the hierarchy doesnt really get noticed.

If things change and your free thoughts and happiness are impeded, fight back, go somewhere else or rethink priorities.

A free head space means not giving a second thoughr to hierarchy, who really are there to watch you rather than you watch them.

A plebe like me may have no power at all. The reasons why I find a place to have mental freedom is for me and spending time in memories of long lost loved ones and makng new friends. That is true freedom and hierarchy doesnt really have any say in that.

Anxiety is basically unanswered questions or unrealistic expectations of whats expected of you, how important you are to others but really it matters not what others think. Just enjoy your freedom in whatever form it takes .

Hope I understood this right.

True freedom is the willingness to betray anyone and the power to overcome anyone else's expectations. True freedom means there are no limits to your behavior.

Only the most powerful people are truly free. The rest of us live under their rule. I have become comfortable with the hierarchy. I see it as a good thing. Although my freedom is repressed, more importantly other people's freedoms are more repressed. And that is why I can walk without taking a gun everywhere. I walk unarmed through the streets and expect to be safe. I love the hierarchy, though it could be better.

You cannot perpetuate freedom.

It must be paid for each generation, each generation faces different challenges.

Life is change...

Well, I know one thing for sure, A Perfect World with Drugs Does NOT Exist.

To perpetuate freedom, we must be rid of addiction

Freedom as an institution is fraught with hypocrisy and contradiction. It's a human attempt to materialize the unnameable.

The problem is that if a civilization does not grant its inhabitants the means to self-actualize, the concept of freedom will be reduced to mere lip service. The U.S. is becoming this way now. You have to pay for everything. If they could, they would charge you money for the air you breathe. All in the name of freedom.

True freedom comes from within. I know this now, from laying in bed all these months. You don't acquire freedom, you are freedom. A society that doesn't understand this can never really wrap its fragile ego around freedom. It will always be a temporary thing that can be granted or taken away, rather than realized. People will keep fighting for they know not what. The right to be comfortable?

I mean, what are you really here to do on this earth? Can the external world ever truly satisfy you? Wherever you are, that's where the work is. You could be in jail and still realizing your own freedom. Your innermost self does not change from whatever's happening outside of you.

In yourself and with others. Is it a `First amendment concept` to you, or is is something other that what youve been taught? What is your perception of freedom - how do you define the boundaries; what frightens you about the notion of freedom? Have you even considered its definitions/possible implications - what does it mean to you?

Am interested in how people on here, navigate the social reality that is based on financial hierarchica,l dominance - do you ignore it,;think of how financial systems keep these hierarchys in place; navigate it in your own interest ( who wouldnt?) BUT without questioning the social order, imposed...

Maybe, there is a sense in others controlling the order - perhaps, it initiates a sense of anxiety...do you feel dimempowered; apathetic; empowered by not knowing what you are governed by....

it`s a giant chasm but interested on opinions, of feelings, thoughs and possible actions/solutions?

Freedom to me would mean getting to choose whether I had to be born onto such a planet as this. From that place I believe no important freedoms exist.