Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Favourite sports to watch on TV?

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
I should preface this by saying I'm really not into sport in general but I do find certain sport really compelling to watch. Some sports work, others don't.

I like watching boxing, I guess the violence and brutal reality of it is thrilling in some sense. But I most enjoy watching tennis, it works really well on TV and can be a diversion from shitty reality.

What do you guys like?

Football (The European one). Guess I always liked cause it's rather simple to get like the rules are straight forward.

Like boxing cause I always imagine or dream as being in athletic ripped condition and the raw brutal strength involved in the sport. Enjoy the Ufc for the same and multi fighting arts disciplines which is pretty cool.

Rugby union styhle cause of athleticism pumped at 100 miles an hour for eighty minutes that is A test for physical endurance.

I agree with you on tennis. Cool technical sport where the technical aspect of the sport is impressive.

Snooker occasionally.

F1 when Michael Schumacher was going at it.

I was watching some random youtube highlights of Federer earlier and holy fuck. Most of the time his best shots look like mistakes. :\

I think tennis is also captured really well for TV. Perfect angle to really see everything that is happening.

I was watching some random youtube highlights of Federer earlier and holy fuck. Most of the time his best shots look like mistakes. :\

I think tennis is also captured really well for TV. Perfect angle to really see everything that is happening.

Funny you should mention this, I was also browsing YouTube and watching some tennis bloopers etc

Saw John McEnroe and the way he used to carry on with the umpires etc had a good laugh!

Most sports are better to watch on TV.
MMA is my favorite. Unless you're cage-side you might as well watch at home.

Golf is better to watch at home otherwise you have to walk everywhere.

Soccer
Basketball
Beach volleyball

Once someone explained the rules of NFL to me it became entertaining. Sometimes when you have an online pass you can watch condensed versions of the game. These are SO much better.

In order from most watched to least watched

NFL
NCAA Mens Basketball
NBA
NCAA Football
UFC
Boxing
NHL
MLS/Premier League
MLB
NASCAR
Golf

I also watch skateboarding and bmx when they are on. Street League and X Games etc. And poker, but that probably doesn?t count.

Any sports fans should come on over to the s&g forum. It gets pretty dead during the NFL offseason.

Last edited:
(1) Athletics
(2) Rugby
(3) Tennis
(4) Boxing/Fighting
(5) Loads of Olympic sports (which are rarely shown on TV except during Olympics, like rowing)

I guess I'll watch some of the more exciting winter Olympics sports. Snowboarding and maybe some of the events with serious risk of broken limbs. I admit to living vicariously at times.

The snowboarding is awesome. I like watching the slopestyle and big air.

Never tried snowboarding. Definitely on the to-do list.

I watched a pretty cool Netflix documentary about some lunatic who snowboards down fucking mountains. :\ Cool doco actually. I like mountain climbing (never actually done it but I like watching it) and snowboarding so it was always a winner. No idea the title right this second.

Something I liked about the snowboard events at the last winter games was the way they'd get to the end of their run and be grinning or giving five to someone from another country's team - it's like they didn't care all that much about competing in the traditional sense. They just slide down a mountain, bust a 1440 whatever flip, defy some gravity and look fucking stoked to be there.

Seems a lot of sports, people get angry if they fuck something up; yell at a referee, take a swing at some dude from the opposing team, I understand it's what they do for a living, they're repping for their club or their code or their country, but I've never been able to take any kind of game or race or whatever seriously enough to get that worked up about it.

Nothing at all against traditional sports, it's just never been for me. I used to skate when I was a teenager, it's all I did. Snapped my arm once and didn't tell my mum for like three days just because I wanted to keep going skating every day and parents tend to be concerned about their kids jumping down stairs on skateboards while their bones are broken.

Eventually, I had to go to a doctor, got my arm in a cast.. then went skating. I saw no problem with this mentality :)

1) football/soccer, 6-18 hours per week
2) boxing
3) mma, watch every ufc event, and some bellator and cage wqrriors events. Ans ONE when askren or bibiano competed/competes
4) american football

1) football/soccer, 6-18 hours per week
2) boxing
3) mma, watch every ufc event, and some bellator and cage wqrriors events. Ans ONE when askren or bibiano competed/competes
4) american football

Is American football becoming more popular in Europe? I know the NFL is trying but I've wondered how successful it has been.

Is American football becoming more popular in Europe? I know the NFL is trying but I've wondered how successful it has been.
It?s growing, but is hindered by the time difference. Super Bowl is becoming more and more of a must-see spectacle here in Sweden.

American Ninja Warrior
MMA and occasionally kickboxing.

I don't watch any other sports.

American Ninja Warrior
MMA and occasionally kickboxing.

I don't watch any other sports.

I love ANW...I started watching the Japanese version way back when they used to show then on G4. Is that even a channel anymore?

also the USA vs the World special is right around the corner. March 11.

Good to know I watched last season USA vs the world.

On March 1 ANW: ninja vs ninja (formally Team Ninja Warrior) premiers for season 3 on USA network.

Good to know I watched last season USA vs the world.

On March 1 ANW: ninja vs ninja (formally Team Ninja Warrior) premiers for season 3 on USA network.

Oh great, I always forget to watch this. I like the new name better.

I like football (uk football, not American hand-egg) and I like rugby both union and league.
i prefer ladies' elite tennis to the men's, not just for perving at the girlies but because it's a little slower in the most part and there's a better ratio between skill<>athleticism required to be at the very top.

i do sometimes watch American football. Cricket if it's just on in the background, I rarely bother.

we have some pretty good e-sports stuff here and I like the drone racing in particular.