• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What kind of cannabis should I get for my ailment??

bluesteyes

Bluelighter
I reside in a state where cannabis was just legalized for recreational use, and already, the shops are opening up. I have to be honest: I haven't smoked or ingested a cannabis product in my life. However, I suffer from chronic pain related to fibromyalgia, as well as retrolithesis and a minor bulging disc in my neck (both inoperable). For a long while I was using painkillers like Percocet and OxyContin to deal with the pain, but they stopped working, so I asked my doctor to totally taper off, which I have. I am actually doing okay, but there are still one or two times per week where the pain is just too much, and where I wish the fairy godmother would drop a couple of Percocets out of the sky, not just because of the pain, but also because the pain just does a number on my mood. Sometimes I get super anxious; sometimes super depressed.

What I really, really miss about opioids is that ability to relieve pain but to also create a sense of euphoria, which helps relieve the pain even more. I never liked taking Percocet to where I was flat out stoned out of my mind, but to where I had a deep sense of relaxation (without nodding off) and a peaceful state of well being. When I first started using opioids as a non every day medication, it was like a God send for the two days per week where the pain and moods just became too much. I found that even after the drug wore off, I still somehow felt better for a couple of days.

I was wondering if there is some cannabis formulation that I could buy legally that mimics the kind of relaxed euphoria high you get with prescription opioids?? Obviously, nothing is going to mimic high doses of opioids or something as powerful as heroin. I don't want that anyway. It would just be nice to have a couple of days where I could take a little relaxed vacation for 4-6 hours, with a nice afterglow. Obviously, the chronic pain benefits that come from cannabis have been written about for years. But I also want that euphoria.

However, I grew up with severe asthma as a kid, and both of my parents smoked cigs and pot. I have almost a phobia about smoking anything or even being around people who smoke. I would really prefer to not have to roll up joints or load up a bong. I don't even want the smell around my tiny apartment. Whether it's an edible, a capsule that you can swallow, or drops that you put behind your tongue, I would rather stick with that.

Any ideas?? Any chance I might find something like what I am looking for? I am not expecting cannabis to work as well as a perfectly prescribed dose of Percocet (pain relief plus euphoria), but if I could find a formulation that is somewhat close, I wish to explore the option. I just don't want to go into one of these shops not having a clue about any of the possible options. Thanks.

Last edited:
You definitely want something that has CBD in it. Your state has them print the THC and CBD content on the labels, right? Go to a dispensary and ask for something with 4%+ CBD but still plenty of THC. I find CBD alone worthless for anxiety and euphoria, regardless of the dose. But my strains that are like 16% THC 4% CBD are insanely euphoric and the high lasts forever. Get a cheap vaporizer like the Pulsar APX, any smell that might be around when you use it should fade instantly if you crack a door or window or over a few minutes even without.

At the dispensary?s they?re really great about helping you choose the best strain for your needs. But anything that endica dominant will help with pain. It?s more of a calming, healing effect.

Sativa dominant strains can still help with pain, but they usually help with feeling productive and creative.