Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-HO-MiPT / 19mg) - 5th Time - Hedonism, MindArt, and a Touch of Madness

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
4-HO-MIPT - 19mg

This is a report from several years ago. Apart from trying 4-HO-MiPT at a low (9mg) dose once after this, I abandoned this molecule do to my idiosyncratic response to it (biphasic nature of the experience, with the second half producing feeling deranged and psychotomimetic, causing me to hear voices) on top of lots of mildly unpleasant physical side-effects. If it weren't for that, I'd see great hedonic potential.

I came across this report while considering exploring 4-AcO-MiPT and realised that I'd never posted it, so here it is.

~~~
I weighed and measured out 27mg and 19mg of 4-ho-mipt fumarate for my friend and I respectively. We have tested this material several times before at lower doses with positive results. I am more sensitive than my friend, and I get more side effects (my friend gets practically none.) These were parachuted and taken orally. Four hours later, I was functionally down. It took an +/-1hr longer for my friend to come down. There was a little residual spaciness, stimulation, and euphoria that made sleep challenging, but the three glasses of wine I drank helped.

Summary:
Within 20 minutes, my friend suddenly realized he was tripping hard. It hit him like a truck, much like it did me the very first time. The abrupt (practically instantaenous) comeup was too fast for his liking, as it didn't give him time to acclimate to the space, although he managed just fine. The experience was strong for him, and also proved to be the most visual experience he had yet had. All the straight lines in his field of vision pulsated like equalizers to the beat of the music. He saw fine coloured webs across the walls. Everything was wavy. It was pretty overwhelmingly strong, and lacked the positive push of lower doses.

I also found that it lacked the positive push of lower doses. This was my strongest experience with the material, and I preferred lower doses. It was quite visual at this stage. Outside in the sunlight, the trees branches were waving around, turning into repeating fractal tree limb arms. The weeds of the field popped up in my vision and were swimming in a field of gold light. The soy field was reduced to a bright saturated green repeating pattern emanating light. My headspace was neutral, though. There was no empathy, insight, or warmth. My friend was experiencing feelings of empathy for life and the world, while I felt generally fucked up. I spent a lot of time remembering to accept whatever happened during the experience, but mentally starting to go into unpleasant terrain, with me gently steering myself back on course. If I had not been in company, I would have been lost in deep internal +++ terrain. It might have proved a harrowing and rewarding journey, but I didn't go there. By the end of the experience, I was quite worn out. I did gain some meaningful insight as I lay trying to sleep, as well as access to empathetic parts of my heart that I had been locked off for years. A lot of my interpersonal sensitivity and awareness that I'd missed but couldn't access was reactivated, and has been for several days.

At some points during the experience, if I closed my eyes, my sense of self would immediately be lost. Instead, there would just be an internal world composed of large, kaleidoscopic imagery. Think partridges dressed in french maid outfits aligned in mirroring north-south and east-west axes, with highly exaggerated mammalian vulvas and occasional penises, folding through space and getting penetrated by huge earthworms. This was all drawn in an attractive, vintage sepia-and-ink toned illustration style. Even as I lay trying to sleep, my vision was populated with rich imagery of character design in highly, highly diverse and aesthetically pleasing art styles, from highly glossy and blocky pastel Disney 3D, to gritty Quintin Blake/Roald Dahl illustrations, to extravagantly detailed H.R. Geiger bas reliefs, to dreamy Yoshitaka Amano themes. I am an utterly indifferent visual art heathen, so these were surprising and wasted on me, but noteworthy nonetheless. Were I a visual artist, I would have been awash with inspiration.

At some points while peaking (much later than my friend), I began hearing voices. Much of the experience over the course of the peak seemed to flirt with being menacing and definitely felt psychotomimetic, much like my experience with smoked DPT and some occasional moments on bufotenine. These voices, while intimidating and scary, were still echoes of myself. The reminded me that everything was okay over and over, that everything was fine and would run its course, and that there was no cause for alarm. The experience still felt decidedly schizophrenic. My friend had no clue that I was tripping so hard or that it was challenging for me mentally or emotionally. It was not the most positive mental space. It was certainly not the low-mid dose 4-HO-MiPT experience that I have become familiar with. Eventually, not wanting to try to interact and remain upbeat, I suggested that we watch a movie so that I could throw my consciousness into the narrative rather than deal with its dissolution of my ego and its replacements.

Overall, it was a rewarding experience, but not one that I will repeat at this dosage. I prefer having my head broken open with conventional psychedelics, ala psilocin. This felt too much like madness.

Side effects were minimal for me. Gas discomfort and mild jaw tension. My friend had gas bloating, but no pain. He was made uncomfortable by it, though.

Sex during the peak was spectacular for my friend. He lost himself and became an orgasm for a long period of time. The pleasure at several points was completely overwhelming for him, which was very nice. He actually feared having a physical orgasm, as the intensity he anticipated frightened him, but eventually he had one.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4homipt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Very atmospheric! Thank you for posting it, Pfafffed! :)

I find 4-HO-MiPT pretty adrenergic and thats probably where the chaotic experience comes from. I've had it happened to me once as well, on 35mg, me and my girl were lost in the woods at night and had a hell of scary and confused trip! :sus:
I think I also prefer smaller dosages of this one and taking something else for a more of a breakthrough experience.

I notice that Ashwahganda has some interaction with 4-HO-MiPT, causing a lot more adrenergic response, so theoretically I would imagine any adrenergic activity herb or drug will not go good with this psychedelic.

It's also as old as world, but set and setting! ;)
This particular compound is quite sensitive to very little things that happen around and in mind so better surround yourself with positive people, things, places, thoughts.

At some points during the experience, if I closed my eyes, my sense of self would immediately be lost. Instead, there would just be an internal world composed of large, kaleidoscopic imagery. Think partridges dressed in french maid outfits aligned in mirroring north-south and east-west axes, with highly exaggerated mammalian vulvas and occasional penises, folding through space and getting penetrated by huge earthworms. This was all drawn in an attractive, vintage sepia-and-ink toned illustration style. Even as I lay trying to sleep, my vision was populated with rich imagery of character design in highly, highly diverse and aesthetically pleasing art styles, from highly glossy and blocky pastel Disney 3D, to gritty Quintin Blake/Roald Dahl illustrations, to extravagantly detailed H.R. Geiger bas reliefs, to dreamy Yoshitaka Amano themes. I am an utterly indifferent visual art heathen, so these were surprising and wasted on me, but noteworthy nonetheless. Were I a visual artist, I would have been awash with inspiration.
Wow! Very easy to imagine!.. 8o=D
Similar to what I get on it too, 4-HO-MPT also caused similar type of visuals for me - pretty neat I think.8)

I agree that 4-HO-MiPT causes bloating, sometimes severe. Use Simethicone OTC med to help with such problems. Works like a charm for me!
Preloading with Magnesium could be beneficial too with some psychedelics that cause unpleasant body effects but gotta be careful with it as Magnesium also lowers BP.

Ah, good to know about the ashwagandha! While I didn't take it at the time, I do so every day now. I haven't tried Simethicone for bloating, but I will now. Since writing this report, I've found that the Ayurvedic formulation Hinga Shtak works really well - better than ginger, peppermint, fennel, caraway, or any other carminatives for trapped gas. Magnesium is also a godsend when preloading for crampy psychedelics, although too much has given me the runs. Since cramping psychedelics also seem to elevate blood pressure, we're often in the clear there, I'd imagine.

I finally got around to trying the 4-AcO substitution. While I like it better than the 4-HO (smoother come-up, less chaotic headspace, no menacing tail end, few side-effects) It also seemed to lack the raw, primal character of the 4-HO sub. It seemed more cool, cerebral, clear-headed, and kind of dissociative - and even more adrenergic, which I didn't care for (although that could be the ashwagandha.) I recognized an affinity between its cool, clearheaded nature and that of 4-AcO-MET's space, a space that couldn't be further from 4-HO-MiPT. That seemed to clip the wings of its hedonistic potential, strangely.The second phase, rather than feeling demented, just left me feeling nowhere in particular, just a sense of stony head pressure. Without insight, peace, or pleasure, I wasn't sure what good there was to exploring the space. It's definitely possible that the St. John's wort and ashwagandha may have influenced the character of the trip, but it seems unlikely given that it did feel remarkably similar to prior experiences with 4-HO-MiPT. tl;dr I'd recommend it because everyone seems to like miprocin, but the 4-AcO substitution still didn't play particularly well with my biochemistry.