• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Mom looking for answers

Cbell56308

Greenlighter
My brother caught my son with weed in a bag... The other bag had a pink substance my son wouldn't tell me what this is... I don't want to bring to the police yet but if he doesn't tell me what it is I have another choice.. Please help me.

I was thinking it could be some of that real strong research opiate/ opioid real strong stuff that has killed a bunch of kids around here.
Reports are of pink powder. Keep watch for signs of opiate withdrawal or replacement medication.
Hopefully you caught this soon enough and he is not dependent. Good luck mom!

You're thinking of u-47700 PO, nasty shit indeed.stuff is incredibly strong, and incredibly caustic.

Only ever seen pink meth once, in texas.

Could be absolutely anything.
We can only speculate; which does not help at all.

I would really hope you can avoid police involvement though. That may only escalate problems and increase any divide between you and your son.
Drug use is a human/medical/social issue; not a legal issue.
Personally i think you should try to keep lines of communication open, rather than closing them off and further eroding your relationship and trust.
But i can only imagine how hard it is to be a parent...

This thread is better suited to somewhere else on the forum, but i'm not sure where.
I'm happy to move it, but will have a think about where to.

Calling the police isn't going to do him any good. That's only going to make him alienated and drive a wedge between you rather than seeing him as an ally. It could be a lot of things. It could be methamphetamine, research chemicals, or MDMA, but it could also be pills that he crushed up in order to snort. There are many types of pink pills that some people crush up to snort. Various opiate pain pills come to mind, but adderall is also sometimes pink and sometimes snorted. These are the two possibilities I can think of that I've heard of/seen people doing, but as some people have said it could be some sort of very unusual and dangerous research chemical. Unlike some of the other posters, the fact that the substance was pink isn't necessarily a "very bad sign", as it could be lots of things, some much worse than others.

Personally, I'd try to have a proper non judgemental discussion first. In fact I'd avoid bringing police in at all if u can. I have a drug related conviction and let me tell you the effects are far reaching. 20 years later it still affects my travel, employment, healthcare options and prevented me adopting children. Rather annoyingly it's these problems which encouraged me to return to drug use. It's that feeling of you've ruined your life anyway so why bother? It's not good to start adulthood with a feeling of why bother. It increases risk taking and might just cause the opposite effect of what you're looking for.

Roxy has pink round tablet that which some people crush up to snort. It could be that just crushed it up in a bag perhaps.. dont jump to worst conclusion just yet. I think its 10 mg roxys that are round and bright pink.

Do not call the police on you son, that would just add more problems and increase the current drug use.
If you want to know what it is, buy drug tests online, they are legal to buy and posses.
If your son gets into the legal system it will be like going from drug high school to drug University.

I know I'm a little late to chime in here, but it could definitely also be Methylone which is a mildly hallucinogenic stimulant that people sell as "molly" aka MDMA/Ecstasy. Almost everything crystalline that I have seen in a light to medium pink shade has been methylone. The U-47700 is not always pink, especially if it has been cut. The likely hood of it being U-47700 is slim, but not totally impossible. Was it a crystal like structure or was it a fine powder? Either way I hope you find the answers you are looking for and you are able to keep the kid safe. Best of luck OP.

Completely agree with all the others that involving the police will do no good. My parents did just that and it was like i graduated to hard drugs by going into the legal system. Best thing to do is be open and understanding to him, maybe he has some pain that he is having trouble dealing with. Has anything happened in the family that may have caused him some mental issues? Im willing to bet that the powder in question is a Roxicodone 10mg pill, they are bright pink and all too common in my setting

please do not call LE on your son you will loose him forever.
did you try asking him what it is?

how about if you call the LE and they bring your son in for questioning

you son never been in any trouble ect and LE tells him he can go away for big time (lie but the kid don't know) so the kid panics and tells the LE where he got the pink powder..next thing you know big ring of the cartel or some street thugs get taken down in a bust due to the info your son gave up...then the word gets out your son ratted and the people put a cap in him or worse you. It happens.

My brother caught my son with weed in a bag... The other bag had a pink substance my son wouldn't tell me what this is... I don't want to bring to the police yet but if he doesn't tell me what it is I have another choice.. Please help me.
I know this is incredibly old, this post, but as a mother, how could you even consider doing that to your son: calling the police on him? What good does that do? And if he tells you, then you don't need to contact the cops? It's so sad to see the rift you're forming with your son by being his enemy. You don't have to be a 'friend-mom,' absolutely, sure--but be his loving mom! Don't be his enemy. You'll create a rift that won't ever, ever be fixed with any ease. Love him, help him. He needs to know you're on his side in life!

When I hear pink powder my mind immediately thinks tussi. Last time I was in Colombia I thought I was going to get killed when following a Venezuelan guy into an alley for pot and yay he pulled out a giant knife but to my relief he then pulled out a bag of pink tussi to take a couple of sniffs and then pointed the knife in my face to offer some which I politely declined.

Ffs to any mom/dad reading this, if your child doesn’t want to say what powder/crystal/pill/herb is, other option is not to call the cops but to fucking buy a test kit or better yet send it out for testing. Also if you approach your child in a right way he/she would eventually tell you anyway.

Buy a test kit.

Color Test Reagents/Kits for Preliminary Identification of Drugs of Abuse is a standard set of reagents.

OR

send a sample off to

Those are just the most referred to specific titles. Other businesses provide reagent kits and drug analysis services. I'm not promoting any specific provider.

IF it comes back as something truly novel, Wedinos will send you an NMR & GC-MS of whatever it is. Post the images and I will tell you exactly what it is.