• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Serious Adderall abuse at a young age

Tryingtostop

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I have been perscribed adderall 30mg XR and 10MG IR for about a year. Im 19 now and at a point where I want to stop this. It makes me sick that i can't control myself around adderall, I always take more than perscribed and i feel it has changed me for the worse. I started at 18 taking at least over 100MGs a day untill i run out. Then the same next month but even worse. My highest dose i ever took was 300 MG of XR and IR, It caused me to have a panic attack and vomit what i believe was a small amount of dried blood up, which made things worse. But even after that i can't stop. But I know that it will kill me eventually if i keep this up. I do have some serious bi-polar episodes, have for about 5 years, and adderall makes it worse. I LOVE the motivation, the feeling of intelligence, The can-do attitude and its the only thing that has ever allowed me to speak to people without anxiety. But I feel like Im losing myself piece by piece. Does anyone have experience with this sort of massive amount of abuse over the course of about a year? I have minor palpatations with even small amounts now and a constant bpm of 120 when i take it. Have i hurt my body and mind forever? I have tried to quit but then i couldn't help but relapse after two weeks. I just dont know if I can ever have an okay life without it. Sometimes i feel like its worth a young death if i can enjoy my time here. Please tell me if you have any advice for me. Thank you for reading this.

No you have not hurt your body and your mind forever. Tryingtostop, you're very young and let me tell you something from experience if you stop taking Adderall you're going to go through a little bit of depression and I would imagine that your sleep is going to be messed up for a couple of weeks... if you can get over the two-week hump of being depressed I promise you everything will come back and you will live a natural life. I abused adderal for a very long time ....I did speak with my doctor about getting off of it .I would definitely recommend you doing that and I would tell your doctor what you have been doing so he can help you to the best of his ability with EKGs Etc that's all very important. You will get back to normal and feel like YOU again but it's not going to be easy. but I know you can do it, because guess what? I have done it myself and I know you can too. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step tackling the problem is the second . I've been there let me know if I can help you out in any way

Voo

Yes, you have far from done permanent damage. And you're in luck, amphetamine withdrawal is mostly mental! Making it easIER to quit than other drugs. You just have to get over the mental part. Easier said than done.. but once you have made up your mind that you are going to quit.. you should be able to do so fairly easily. Just give yourself some time to be lazy, which you will be for a week or two. You will have no motivation. Everything should rebound back after that. Good luck.

One of the most comforting thoughts (for me, at least) when these things are troubling me knowing that someone out there has it worse than me. I'll be the person you look at when you want to feel better about yourself.

I'm 15. I used to take 4-9 pills a week (as in MDMA) as well as Concerta, IR and XR, codeine (to come down), and about 300mg of dexamphetamine. I'd spent ?700 in about 3 months. One time, I took 9 250mg pills and .75 of mandy (MDMA powder) in 3 days, and in the end my kidneys had become so damaged that I was accumulating fluid around my limbs. I would be up for an average of 4 days at a time, the longest being 11 days, only deciding to sleep when it looked as if my quilt was crawling with spiders. I ruined dozens of potential relationships because I had either been up for days and was acting weird, or because I was in such a state of craving that I just couldn't talk. I almost developed another eating disorder. I hallucinate on a daily basis now, my anxiety is worse, and I hate being awake. It got to the point where every time I took any any amphetamine I went straight into amphetamine psychosis. I would see spiders coming from the ceiling and every time I took an upper I convinced myself that the left side of my face was paralyzed. My gums receded and my teeth went yellow. I can barely get myself into school without a drug of some kind to make me more confident or less anxious. At the age of 15.

In my experience, the only way to finally get over an addiction is to hit rock bottom and completely run out of the drug or means of paying for it, but that's coming from me, someone who just takes pills and considers the consequences later. I hadn't been using drugs this heavily for too long, I lasted about 3 months before I burned out. For that reason, I think your abuse is as bad as you think it is. Taking 300mg of XR amphetamine isn't a particularly high dosage IMO, being that it lasts about 3 times as long, and a friend of mine took 60mg his first time. Maybe if it is really bothering you, then quitting would be in your best interest, but as far as permanent damage goes you're safe.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get better. Once you've went on speed binges and taken pills every other day it's far too difficult to stop without simply running out of resources first. I think about amphetamines constantly, and as soon as I get any money in my hand I get myself as many pills as I can buy. This isn't a universal position when it comes to addiction, but you might find out you're just the type of person who wants to be fucked all the time. I'm like that too, and the stupidest things can remind you you're sober, so if you plan on quitting you need to take up a hobby so that you can preoccupy youreslf with other tasks. Something phsyical is better than something mental, so stay away from something like learning a new language or reading. The mental strain will probably make you want to start up again. For me, it's as simple as just going down to the park at the bottom of the street and going on the swing for an hour or two to work out the frustration. I don't know if you've experienced the frustration I'm on about if you haven't quit yet but you'll know exactly what I mean when it hits.

BEST OF LUCK <3

Last edited:
Honestly forgot i even posted this, and i really do thank all of you for your replies and words of encouragement. Im glad that it is unlikely i've hurt my self for life and ill continue to keep striving day by day. Seriously thank you all so much, Im glad im not the only one thats gone through this.