Did digital ruin everything?

sure. but the real deal guys don't use auto match crap. they move within the time and are artists. who cares what the hacks are doing

Please don'y get me wrong I love CDJs and the new Pioneer mixers but I'm saying beat matching on new CDJs is nothing like beat matching on vinyl decks. I'm not sure what you mean by 'real deal guys' but if I was on stage and I was mid mix and the two tunes were slightly off beat I would certainly have a peak over at the BPM counter. Vinyl you couldn't do that. I just think it makes it a lot easier.

oh I get it. Just saying that the tools don't make or break anyone. If you are good, you are good. I remember seeing Carl Cox on 4 decks or fatboy slim, or kid koala. all artistry.

oh I get it. Just saying that the tools don't make or break anyone. If you are good, you are good. I remember seeing Carl Cox on 4 decks or fatboy slim, or kid koala. all artistry.

Completely agree. ahhh Carl Cox on 4 decks at Space =D

Digital is everything, including this exchange of information.

Enjoy your future, because it is already here.

I grew up with 78s and 45s, then 33s, several generations of tapes (open reel, 4 track, 8 track, cassette and Beta) and then CDs.
There are songs I have paid for a dozen times, either because the media changed or the media broke. ASCAP/BMI/RIAA made me pay full price every time. (so much forthe idea I was paying for the intellectual property, it was all about the media then).
After the digital media started showing up, I never want music on little bits of plastic again. When I download a song I already bought, I own that "property" I am just backing up a failed or obsolete media.