• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ever Run Out of Your Prescription Early?

Max Flight

Bluelighter
Well, I am approximately 3 hours to relief. As the pharmacy opens up in 2 and a half hours, and usually have it done in about 30 minutes. For the past year I have done pretty well at making my monthly prescription last the whole month. I have been in this viscous loop for about 15 years now. So I am not new to the game. I have also been systematically cut back over the past 2 years, from about 1000mg a day - morphine equivalent...to just 4, 8 mg dilaudid per day.

You know that missile launch warning we had out here in Hawaii? Yeah I got the alert.and the commercials warning of nuclear hell, the propoganda machine has been pumping out here lately, say we have 15 to get "to safety". So when I got the alert. I knew I had enough time to get one last ride. I crushed my remaining dilllies, which made a surprisingly nice lil pile, and I just scarfaced it! Ahh. Bring on the missile kook....lol. That's a joke. I didn't really do that.

What I really did, was jus have a rough month painwise. And over did it. Running myself about 6 days short. I have been getting through it with kratom, and lots of cannabis. Buds, shatter, canna - banana bread. But it still has not been easy.

Anyway, I am still not feeling right. And am almost feeling better, just knowing that I am going to be feeling much better soon. I am sure some of you have that too. In fact, I didn't get but about 2 hours sleep...if that. Anyway, getting a lil restless. ..but still going to make coffee. I am addicted to that too. Then it's off the see the wizard. Awrite! %)

Last edited:
Aww yeah, starting to feel more normal....much better. It's been a rough week. And even though I was six days out, my body started to want to get back into the swing of things pretty quick. Trying to go easy, I broke an 8 in half, did it...and within 2 minutes...when I was sneezing, like the beginning of withdrawal....my body goin "that's the one, gimme more!". lol Geez this stuff is wonderful, and horrible. All at once. A blessing and a curse. Gonna be hard to actually ever get completely free. I'm seriously considering growing poppies for tea, and just being self sufficient. Fuckin doctor, pharmacy...cut them out of my life completely. Sticking with the only one who I can depend on, myself.

Yep, been there done that. Those months many mons ago when I would run out, I remember after they filled the script, I used to park out of the way in the parking lot and crush up an Opana asap and snort away. Usually since it had been awhile since my last dose, I would usually gag/barf because it was such a shock to my system. Does that ever happen to you?

I have posted this on numerous occasions but would you ever consider having someone very close to you, hold your meds and give you each days dose each morning? It works great for me and the peace of mind knowing I have pills at the end of the month is indescribable. Just thought I'd throw it out there and sorry to anyone that's read this from me before. Good luck!

Aloha beach bum. Well, this is actually the second time in the past year that I have run short on my monthly prescription. I have been doing really well over the past year. In the past, I was not using my medication responsibly, and I would run out within a couple of weeks. And I was getting about 6x the opioids I am getting now. So I am not doing too badly in that aspect.

And the only person who I could ask, would be my lady....which is partly the reason I ran short in the 1st place. See, she's also a chronic pain patient (we met at a pain support group, lol) and gets her oxys every month. And now she's the one who is having trouble keeping things under control. So, I wasn't able to just sit back and watch her be I'll . I ended up helping her and ran myself about 6 days short. To remedy this, since we both were ill and had to do the kratom shuffle, she is on day 8 with no medication, isn't getting any of my medication right now. She gets her's next week....and actually, I will be holding those for her. So she doesn't go off and run herself short. I am needing to be the strong one now....so letting someone else hold my meds isn't an option for me.

And to answer your question, I don't get sick or nauseous when I take my meds again after a break from them. In fact, I noticed something kinda funny that happened for the first time. And that was when I picked up the prescription, I did indeed bring all my gear, to do a "blaster" in the parking lot. lol ...and a few minutes after I did half a tablet (4mg) I started sneezing. Just as if I was beginning to go into withdrawal. I think that it was my body, letting me know that it wanted more. lol "Get back to where you once belonged" as it were. I thought that was kind of funny, in a not really funny kinda way.

You are definitely right on that one, your lady is clearly not a workable solution for you. Too bad, but on the good side she does have you to do the deed at least. Sounds like this just might be the ticket, since she's going really need you to be strong to make this work for the two of you,.

As for not getting sick, it may have to do with the fact that you were using Kratom. Quick question, what is a blaster? I'm guessing it's a snort but I'm not 100% sure. My guess is that if you had nothing for a week or so and then snorted a normal sized line like you were used to doing, you would probably feel it. Not sure you'd puke per se but...

I wish you and your lady all the best going forward and for you to find your inner strength to take care of business with both of your meds.

You sound like me every month. I blow through 240 7.5 hydros and 60 60mg morphine sulfate in a week and a half, and the rest of the month I am in horrible pain, waiting for the day my script gets filled, using massive amounts of Gabapentin and muscle relaxers and ibuprofen to get me through. Every month I tell myself I'm going to take them as directed, but it's never happened in four years.

I know that feeling for sure, throwdown. No matter what "pahrmacy" you are picking up at... sometimes I feel better, just knowing that I will be feeling better soon. If that makes sense.

I am at a little les than 1/3 of the amount of medication that I get monthly now, than I used to get. Over the past 2 years, I have been systematically cut back. I am down to 4, 8mg dilllies a day. And it's definitely difficult to make it through the month. Although, I usually do....it was a rough month. I was on track this month, to make it through until refill time. However, I bent yesterday morning...and something went wrong with my back. My lady said she can kinda see that one side of my lower back sticks out an inch or so more than the other side of my spine....so something gave out and I did even lift anything. Just a wrong series of movements. And then have been barely able to get to the bathroom to piss. It literally hurts to breathe. Cant even smoke hash, because coughing is like torture.

When the pain is like this, it's hard not to do 4 at a time! But I am doing my best. Grrr. It's tough, because I like the way my medication makes me feel, and need it for pain as well. But running out is always agony.
And yes beach bum....a blaster is a line. Just slang me n the lady use. To her credit, she hasn't been hitting me up for my dilllies. I did give her 5, for pain. (Her back is wrecked too) and she gets her oxys in a few days. I am just praying my back "unlocks" here in the next day or so....or its going to be a tough month again.

Every damn month. Run out of 90 x OC80 within 10 days tops every time. Thank God I have methadone too (160mg /day) and can keep that in check.

With benzos it's the opposite. I'm starting to lose count of my xanax bars.

What used to happen to me every single month ...was not that I ran out early but that the pharmacies would refuse to fill it every month because it was fentanyl. Many of them had it in stock they jused refused due to my age but I sent my mother into the same pharmacies hours after being denied and for her they would fill it as she told them I was crippled and couldn't leave my bed to fill it myself.

It would often take 3 to 5 days and visiting up to 20 pharmacies. Eventually it wasn't worth the hassle and I switched to heroin because it was too crazy to WD every month and drive all around the city to pharmacies while in WD and horrible back pain.

I have too many prescriptions to count due to inpatient and regular psych appointments, but I always run out of my anxiety and insomnia meds because it takes way too much to even sedate me. Everything else is the opposite, I have too many other meds.

When I was using a shitload of benzos, opioids, and dissos I never ran out somehow. My income was much higher though to be fair. I would dose like half a gram of heroin, 60mg diazepam, several hundred milligrams of tramadol, and 10mg etizolam. Only ran out one time because I was too lazy to reup and the eventual quitting and soul-crushing wd from all of that shit was self-imposed while I still had drugs.

So lesson learned, do drugs illegally because they're cheaper than seeing a doctor and buying scripts that hardly work (not really don't take me seriously).

∆ agreed about illegal drugs being less stress (see my post above yours) (except for fent lacing now which scares the shit out of me to the point where I only fuck with pharms I get myself)...lots of stress not knowing if my next dose would be 50 overdoses because genius heroin dealer didn't know how to evenly lace H with fent

At least you know when / where you can get more . We pay out the ass and have to scramble for the damn pills every week , sucks .

∆ agreed about illegal drugs being less stress (see my post above yours) (except for fent lacing now which scares the shit out of me to the point where I only fuck with pharms I get myself)...lots of stress not knowing if my next dose would be 50 overdoses because genius heroin dealer didn't know how to evenly lace H with fent
Dancesafe sells fent test strips, if u can spare the cash. 20 for 20

Well, I am about 5 days from going to the doctor, and I have 2 tabs left. Been another rough month. Long story short....is my lady gets 20mg oxy IR, but has developed the problem of doing about 10 a day, instead of 3. And so I end up helping out. And it's leaving me short. So I sent her to Maui to stay with her son, and help with her grandson. Kinda tumultuous right now. And I am off to the store for some kratom. To get me through until Thursday. But even if I didn't have that issue.There's still just never enough. Even when I was getting a lot more, I would have trouble making it to the end of the month.

One reason, is when you are in severe pain and your meds are sitting there, and taking one doesn't cut it, 3 or 4 does. But then you just run out faster. It's super tough to not take enough for relief. I have a super high tolerance doesn't help. But yeah, it's a tough thing to live with. I have completely removed myself from the drug scene, and don't have any plan B people to hit up when the chips are down. So I now just take kratom, and suffer some. Kratom does help. Relieves about 80 % of the suffering. Still not fun. And the price of H out here is ridiculously overpriced. But I am hanging in there. Barely.

I expect next month to be easier.

Your girlfriend is very selfish and you should put your pain and needs a head of hers. Hide your pills and only give her some if you have extra .

Well shoots....it's not a really easy situation to explain. And it's not so much that she's selfish, but she has been running through her medication in about 2 weeks for a while now. And I can't just sit there and watch her go into withdrawal, so I kinda volunteer the "assistance". It's kinda complicated. I used to be the one who was chipping away far too much, and she would help me. Even saved me a few times when I OD'd on fentanyl. I'm a fiend like none other when I'd go on a fent run. I could usually get enough to ride the F - train for 10-12 days straight. I like that shit way too much! Anyways, now I have cut back quite a bit, and stick to my regimen. And now she's the one fuckin up. Running through 10 of her 20s in a day. Stuff like that. And so we decided that a visit to Maui would help slow her down. Being around her kids and grandkids.NOT ! I spoke with her today and she is already out, asking me where she should go to get kratom, etc..And that's a bummer. I figured that being there would help, so did she. But that's not the case, now she's just going through withdrawal over on Maui. And I am out 4 days short this month for a couple of different reasons. We get our prescriptions at different times. So...I don't know what is going to happen for sure. I just know that I have run short again this month. I am hoping for a not so bad, next 4 days. Then I can go from there. But the half of my last 8mg probably won't last until Thursday morning.

I'm pretty much down to cannabis and kratom. Gonna take some kratom and smoke some shatter right now.
Aloha..

Well, I made it...after 4 days of being totally out. I was able to refill today. And I am damned lucky, because there's a medication shortage here right now. I heard on the radio that the hospitals and EMTs, are dangerously low on many different medications. And my pharmacist said that I got almost all the dilllies that they had.

The story is that apparently, many pharmaceutical companies manufactur the medication in Puerto Rico! And are bogging because of issues from the hurricane. Which is kinda weird to me. That means that the stuff has to come almost half way around the globe to reach Hawaii! That's crazy. Anyway, a lot of people are not able to fill. What a nightmare that is. There's almost nothing as bad as going to refill and then be told they're waiting on a shipment to come. And supposedly they don't know if it will be there or not until after it arrives.I have been out for a week before due to this. Very fucked up thing to experience.

In my experience, pain meds work best if you keep your dose true to your script. Sounds like methadone maintenance would be more happy for you man. I just went through a little pile of D myself, it seemed overly addictive unless taken orally. Orally they were the bomb diggity for pain.

Well CfZrx, I have been on methadone before, and it didn't work for me. My doctor had prescribed it once, sometime long ago....and after 3 months of methadone, and then I ended up in Seattle for a couple months longer than anticipated, and couldn't find a doctor to write me....and I was just trying to get back to my Norcos or something. But, long story short....I went through the most bone aching WDS ever.

That's the 1st time I had experienced withdrawal symptoms to the degree that sanity is difficult to maintain.

And so, I will not ever be dependent on methadone again. That is some wicked shit.

The good news is that I am doing really well this month so far. And am actually socking back a tab a day, for the "emergency kit". I have been kicked around like a hackey sack for the past couple of years, by either the insurance provider, pharmacy, FDA (discontinued oxymorphone) and a few other entities. And so I am running myself lean right outta the gate. I have only had my prescription again now for 3-4 days, and am going to try to go a couple of days without taking anything. Just trying to keep my tolerance down, and hopefully physical dependancy at bay. Because this last withdrawal episode was so l physically and mentally taxing....I just can't do it anymore. Going to keep socking em back, and only take when the pain is unbearable. Try to go a few days without. And do everything I can do avoid any future withdrawals.

Or at least be prepared to properly taper, and basically do everything I can to keep from hitting the wall again. Possibly it was because I was starting to experience some benzo withdrawal, from over using my valium when out of pain meds. I am tapering those right now too . Fuck these doctor's and pharmacies! I am wanting to grow my own poppies, and just be self sufficient. I am the only one I can really depend on. And so I am making changes.

Yeah thats def a good idea, start saving all that you can in case you get cut off. The guy we get our pills from has to bring his bottle in sometimes and they count his pills. So we are gonna have to quit or figure something out soon. They started lowering his amount and now counting pills at random times. They are tightening up everywhere on opiates . Good luck Max :)