• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methoxphenidine - First and Second Oral Experiences - Shelved Thoughts Come to Light

HipsterLink

Bluelighter
Had some recent experiences with this compound again after a year and a half of no dissociatives whatsoever. In the past I had ordered a gram of this to experiment with, and found it mild but euphoric with a nice, day-long afterglow. After going through most of the first MXP thread I realized that the underwhelming effects my friend and I felt were due to snorting this compound. While they were still noticeable, they were nowhere near what others were mentioning in relation to 100mg+ doses. A 200mg line came nowhere near hole-like effects.

Finding an online vendor that would ship to Canada, I decided to invest and ordered 5gs of the stuff with a couple other mephedrone analogues. It came in as a mildly clumpy crystalline powder. Having realized that oral is the way to go, my first dose of this new batch was a 200mg parachute, aiming specifically for a hole experience. For context I am quite experienced with dissociation, primarily through ketamine but also with one previous DXM experience and a few times with MXE. Also rather experienced with psychedelics of both the tryptamine and phenethlyamine families. When it comes to ketamine I usually dose high so for this I was taking the same route. Anyways, to the trips:

Experience 1:

Set

Excited but nervous. Recently have been feeling rather isolated and lonely, having moved to Montreal with only a handful of friends in the area. Have been experiencing some wild swings of depression, not at all aided by the ferocious winter storms we've been having this early in the season. Other heavy topics lie close to the surface as well.

Setting

Small basement apartment shared with 2 other roommates, one of which I am rather close with. Kind of dirty (build-up of dishes, food-crusted appliances, etc.) as one of the roommates doesn't know how to clean for herself. My room where I spent the majority of the time was a bit messy but navigable under the influence. Small single bed with a reasonable amount of space for my belongings. Outside was extremely snowy, meaning I was stuck indoors for duration.

The Trip

Began at roughly 5pm. With a 200mg parachute weighed and downed, I also scaled out 50mgs and divided that into two lines. I snorted one in order to induce the onset quicker, then laid back and pumped music through my speakers. Within 20 minutes I was feeling light effects from the line. This included the sharpening of lines in the wood floor paneling, heightened brightness of certain surfaces, and a peculiar "rounding" of objects and dimensions. I can only explain this as an underlying "spherical-ness" present in most parts of the background. This extended to walls, windows, corners, etc. When the parachute began to hit in earnest, I turned to my laptop for entertainment. Decided on a movie, X-men Days of Future Past. This is where dissociation became rather noticeable.
Within 10 minutes of watching the film I developed the radical notion that it wasn't actually a movie I was experiencing but a window into another timeline. Even though i knew it as a file and a movie on my laptop, I was still convinced it was something more, that it had never actually been filmed but somehow captured, a series of moments incised and frozen forever for my viewing pleasure. Soon I was unable to remain focused on the film and the laptop as the dissociation continued to grow in intensity. I began spinning in my bed, acting like a hurricane to the sheets and blankets, unsure of what I was trying to accomplish but knowing that something was required of me, some action that I could not specify or even really identify. At this point I decided to snort the second line I had set out. In hindsight this was definitely unnecessary. My vision was darkening and impacted. The dissociation kept accelerating until I reached what must have been a hole state

Within the hole I remember little. I was a shelf, and on me was stored a compartmentalized version of every family unit that existed at the present moment. Heavy confusion permeated this vision, and the experience felt very reminiscent of a fever dream's delirium. I had no sense of my own body, and even my existence as a shelf only consisted of the idea that it was true to my mind. I felt every box of family's placed upon me, but not in the sense of a weight being placed upon me. It was more a mental hollowness being filled than anything physical. I am not sure how long this lasted, but it was no longer than 2 hours. What else may have occurred in my head during this time is unknown, as my memory was heavily (and negatively) affected by my dose.

Once I was out of the hole the rest of the trip was unremarkable. I felt alert but not stimulated, mildly confused but not "foggy," and was experiencing a weird pressure on the left side of my head. This concerned me for a while, but seemed to leave no impact and didn't overly impair my ability to fall asleep afterwards. By the time midnight rolled around, I was able to pass out to a satisfying, if somewhat light sleep. From this experience I was able to deduce that my initial dose was much too high and that I would need much lower amounts to mimic the light joyfulness I had encountered with my initial intranasal doses way back. The dissociation was unsettling to me due in part to my (slightly impaired) mobility. With ketamine I am used to the encumbrance induced that helps prevent any accidental injury from moving around while being unaware of one's surroundings. With MXP there is some clumsiness to movement but it is not completely stifled and therefore I feel more prone to mishaps. With all this in mind I decided to shelf the remaining amount until I felt ready to experiment once more.

I have the second trip included here as well.. I started with a much smaller initial dose (100mg) and felt the wonderful warmth and euphoria that has been mentioned before in these threads. An afterglow also lasted for a good 24 hours, and it was a revelatory experience much more in line with a transcendental k-hole than the strange fever-dream delirium state I experienced in the above trip. Seems there is a wide range to effects possible with this highly-enticing compound!

Experience 2:

Set

Similar to the first experience, but also had been experiencing strong cravings earlier in the week to get extremely high. I am a recreational opiate user (oxycodone neos, heroin, occasionally fentanyl) and I had been suffering really intense cravings for opiates in general, probably the worst I've ever had. I decided to dose MXP because it was pretty much the only thing available to me. I currently have no links for opiates here in Montreal so the only way I've been able to get them is from having them mailed in. This has definitely affected my desire for them as well as my mental health to a certain extent. I had been isolating myself and acting very irritable around people as a result.

Setting

Same as first experience, except with a new roommate in the house that actually takes part in cleaning/household chores.

The Trip

This time around I started with a 80-90mg parachute (I don't trust my scale completely, believe it is slightly off). I let my roommate know I would be tripping so they wouldn't question why I was acting strangely if I was. We planned on watching a movie later. This was taken later than the first trip, at around 9:30-10pm. 10 minutes after dosing I ate a bowl of rice with veggies, which I was worried might impact the onset but thankfully seemed to do little. The first effects began creeping on at 10:30 when I noticed the distinct visual distortions that tend to manifest with this substance. Again this included a brightening of surfaces, that rounding effect I mentioned before, and a sharpening of lines on certain objects. A weakening of gravity seemed to occur as well, with me feeling physically buoyant and mentally buoyant to a certain extent. My sense of balance was slightly off, and any words I spoke seemed slightly awkward/clunky in my mouth. Stringing together sentences seemed somewhat of a challenge as my connection to the physical world seemed to ebb.

By this time my roommate was in pajamas and ready to curl up for a movie. I followed suit, getting into my own pjs and grabbing my laptop. We got settled in their bed and booted up a movie (I think it was a serious man. We didn't end up finishing it). 10 minutes into it and I decided another parachute would be a good idea, thinking that with a staggered dose I was less likely to experience complete dissolution of self like with the 200mg parachute from last time. Scaling out the dose, I also set out a couple lines ( <50mg each) and indulged in one of them first. I can be compulsive when it comes to powders ahah one of my faults with drugs. With line done and parachute taken, I crawled under my roommate's duvet and we continued the movie.

The effects had seemed to plateau before the second parachute hit. The visual distortion hadn't grown in intensity at all from the initial come-up, there was very little impairment of my motor skills, and my conversational ability, while requiring more effort, had not been affected any more. The lightness of my body and emotion produced a sense of tranquility and dreaminess that didn't hinder my social interaction much. My roommate was keeping an eye on me and making sure I was okay, but they weren't worried or troubled by my behaviour or speech. 45 minutes into the movie we switched to episodes of King of the Hill. Around the time of the second episode I began to really feel the second parachute. At this point I decided to brave the weather and go for a smoke.

Stepping outside was like turning on a light-switch. I was struck instantly by the beauty of the snow, its picturesque composition and natural luster. Now to give you an idea of the backdoor area, since we are in a basement apartment there is a stairwell leading to essentially a parking lot for the restaurants that line the street behind us. There is a little alley that the garbage trucks drive through, the rest of the area being used for staff parking. Directly above the backdoor is a mini-patio for the neigbour above us. All in all it's a somewhat claustrophobic little space, especially when the restaurant staff park as close as possible to our stairwell (effectively cutting off our access at times). To the left and right of our building are blocky little two-storey houses, narrowing the back access quite a fair bit. Because of that coastal storm impacting the eastern U.S. coastline we were experiencing heavy snowfall and seriously low temperatures.

It's incredible how much of a difference being outside can make on any pseudo-psychedelic compound. This tiny enclosure with its minimal patches of undisturbed snow absolutely crackled with an unseen energy. Currents traveled through the coruscating mounds and entered through my vision, charging me with a rising sense of manic elation. I felt weightless, energized, immortal. Like I had transcended the limitations of my body just by viewing this simplistic natural display. I lit up my smoke and inhaled each cloud of smoke with a maniacal grin and eyes wide as saucers. Each intake from the death stick revved further these feelings, the wonder and euphoria and desire to run, to fly, to escape the bonds of the body. I took a step up the stairs with the intention to go walk around the neighbourhood and my foot sunk into the freshly fallen snow. I noticed my running shoes. "Maybe not a good idea." I knew it wasn't a good idea, it was 2 or 3 in the morning. I didn't have proper boots. And I was clearly high out of my mind. But I still wanted to. Thankfully rational thought won in the end and I stepped back inside the house.

My roommate was ready for bed at this point. I jumped on top of them and explained how incredible it was outside, how perfectly stunning the snow. I rambled a bit more about feeling at one with everything, merging with it, some other gibberish. They just laughed and hugged me, until we arranged ourselves for sleep. I don't think they really knew what to say. We curled up and hit the lights. I tried to silence my mind for sleep.

This is where the dissociative effects really began to take form. Lying there in bed, arms around them, I began to feel my body dissolving. This was a gradual process, and felt akin to my body being made of sand, and unhurriedly being washed away by a recurring tide. Each wave released more and more particles from my deteriorating form to merge with the primordial soup I imagined everything to have originated from in the beginning of time. I felt each lapse caress my senses while at the same time eroding them, carrying me further from my physical form. My thoughts remained separate still, but soon my body was gone. I felt the waves take my roommate as well, the bed, the walls, everything. I stared up at the ceiling. The sense of peace I experienced here was profound. I had returned to the universe's nascent form. I was one with everything.

This allowed me to review certain aspects of my life that had been troubling me. The isolation I had been experiencing from moving here was a primary focus. I felt the connections between me and the friends and family I had left behind in Ontario as tangible bonds, like bands of energy laying beneath the surface of reality. I realized the importance of these connections and this distance as the most prominent source of my recent brooding attitude and general malaise. We as humans are social animals by nature, and I had severed my link with my social circles. Barely keeping contact through social media and cell-phone, I had deprived myself of my most valuable resource. A source of true happiness. The friends I had made here didn?t fill this vast new hole I had created in my fervor to experience something new, ?profound changes? I had hoped for and eagerly expected. I couldn?t just hit one up on facebook and be out of my house five minutes later. I was lucky if I saw someone I knew that wasn?t my roommates each week.
These realizations cascaded down upon me with profuse clarity, clarity I had been devoid of in my recent depressive states. I had originally planned on staying in Montreal til the end of summer at the very least, and possibly attending school here as well. But with the impact of these thoughts my plan changed. I need to get back soon, and renew the bonds I had left to wither.

Other topics were processed in that time too, but that was the most pronounced, and I won?t get into the others. After what must have been an hour of this the ?oneness? I was experience began to fade. It was a subtle shift, but it was immediately evident and mildly saddening. I became more and more aware of my surroundings, my roommate, the puffed up duvet capturing a now uncomfortable heat ( Our apartment is always either way too hot or way too cold). I extricated myself from my roommate?s clutching limbs and went out for another smoke, knowing there was no way I would be sleeping this night. I didn?t want to disturb them so I also returned my laptop to my room so I could enjoy some tunes during this period of insomnia. Outside the snow was just as shimmery and beautiful as when I had first stepped out. The mania bubbled anew with the change in scenery.

I really can?t stress enough how much of a difference being outside made on my overall mindset with this compound. While I experienced visual distortions both inside and out akin to a mild LSD trip, they were quite different in nature. Inside they seemed suppressed, bland, almost banal. While as soon as I stepped outside it was as if everything was lit with a hidden luminescence. There was a perfection to every shape, every flaw, every structure. The small bit of night sky I could see yawned with a languid grace, mystical and lethargic yet perfectly in accord with the unseen energy that imbued everything it hung above. The visuals had nothing to do with patterns, but more with the innateness of everything, if that makes sense. The ?beingness? of every form had been elevated in some manner, transcended itself. It was more like I was seeing beyond the physicality of the snow, steps, etc to some sort of intangible core, the ideal form if there could be said to be one. All of this ceased to be as soon as I re-entered the apartment. I would go out for smokes periodically just to experience this again and again, until early in the morning when the effects were noticeably fading.

The rest of the experience was uneventful and not really worthy of mention. I eventually succumbed to a fitful sleep around noon or 1pm. Effects lasted a full 12 hours give or take, tapering off for the last 2 or 3 but still noticeable (and preventative of sleep). Just some closure notes there seemed to be a marked similarity between the state of dissolution I experienced at the peak and the dissociation I have experienced with ketamine. The granular dissolving was heavily reminiscent of the effects I often feel after coming out of a k-hole, although with ketamine I find it is more a visual experience than a tactile one. The peak was certainly more of a tactile experience than what I get from k-holes. The mania was a new effect for me, not having encountered it in my previous MXP experiments. Before and after the peak it felt more a sensory experience than one would expect from a dissociative. Overall it was an incredibly enjoyable time, up until the majority of effects faded away. At that point if felt more bland than ketamine does on the comedown. The afterglow was new for me as well, as I have rarely if ever experienced that with ketamine. Looking forward to playing around with this compound again.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_methoxphenidine
substancecode_phenidines
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear! I've been working on a collection of drug stories so I enjoy writing trip reports even if they don't make the collection, just to practice capturing the experiences, sensations, emotions, everything. I also just enjoy sharing insights on drugs that may not see much attention outside of more "specialized" circles. I've been quite lucky in my capacity to try novel substances, although I've certainly been slowing down in my experimentation with the fluctuation of my mental health (which may in part be due to such experimentation go figure).