• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Titrating off 300 mg of lithium

Andrew Marc

Greenlighter
Hi I started titrating from 300 mg of lithium on Jan 1. My process is that everyday I take 300mg everyday except one day when I drop to 150mg for that day. Then the next week I continue this process but instead drop to 150 for 2 days a week. This will continue so on and so forth til I get to 150mg everyday and then eventually to 0. I charted it out and think it's going to take about 3 months (I think this is a pretty safe titration process). Question is when do you think I will notice this change of shifting of lithium & feeling more of an effect of my amphetamine, Vyvanse.On another thread about this we've already covered this controversies of dropping a mood stabilizer but I feel that this is something that will be more beneficial to my daily functioning.

Andrew, I really think the most preferable thing would be for you to tell your prescriber what exactly is going on. There can be very serious fluctuations in mood and emotion that you won't even be aware of that your prescriber will be. I'm not trying to catastrophize here, but you can end up in a hysterical nightmare by reducing these medications too quickly.

I'm not saying that you're doing things too quickly, specifically, but I do think you need to let your prescriber know what is going on.

No problem buddy. Feel free to send me a private message at any time and I will do my best to help you through this!