• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Small Sub induction to oxycodone? What to do?

Notaclue

Greenlighter
Woke up sick as hell this morning use to take 75-100mg oxycodone a day and i have had nothing since 3pm yesterday. Was planning to take suboxone this morning and i took .5mg then my bf told me he left he 2 roxis. What do i do? If i take a roxi now after taking .5mg of sub will i go into withdrawal? Thanks

No, you can only get precipitated withdrawal when you take suboxone after other opiates - when there are other opiates/opioids in your system - not the other way around.
It happens because buprenorphine has a much higher binding affinity to opiate receptors, pushes all the opiates off your receptors, which puts you into withdrawal, because it is highly "competitive" at the receptor sites.

For this reason, i don't know how great the effect would be from oxy - as the bupe may block it.

But there is no risk of precipitated withdrawal :)

Moved to BDD, because it suits that forum better.

To answer your question. No, you won't go into withdrawal from taking oxycodone (roxi) over/after buprenorphine (suboxone). Only the reverse is possible. The reason for that is because oxycodone is a full agonist, while buprenorphine is only a partial agonist with extremely high affinity for the receptor. That means it binds very tightly to the receptor and displaces other ligands (such as oxy) with lower affinity, while providing only partial agonism (i.e only a fraction of effect for the amount of drug bound to receptors). So in the case you're taking oxycodone, a full agonist with moderate affinity, and then take buprenorphine, it can result in precipitated withdrawal by displacing the oxycodone from receptors. However, if you're already on buprenorphine and don't feel withdrawal, then taking oxycodone on top of that will not many anything worse, but it will also most likely not make anything better, because it'll be blocked by buprenorphine.

E: sj beat me to it :p

Thanks for the advice. I?m not on suboxone regularly. I only took .5mg today around 8:30am. Haven?t taken sub in over a month because i have been on oxycdone this whole month but i thought i was out and i was so sick this morning i ran to the sub and only took a tiny piece .5mg so just wondering when i can take the oxy? Really appreciate your time guys ;)

you can take the Oxy right after Suboxone. I think (others can correct me) the Suboxone kind of blocks the Oxys from working as well, in my experience. I wouldn't get as good a buzz. But you're safe to do it, just felt like a bit of a waste of Oxy.

You'll definitely not get the full [oxy] euphoric effect, but it just depends on your oxy tolerance and dosage. Definitely avoid the reverse (taking Suboxone after an oxy dose bc of PWD) explained above.