• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I need advice on quitting Diazepam (and Phenibut)

No, a single dose of Valium leaves you hung over. Dzp has a ashore to intermediate duration.

Please, try taking nordazepam, and tell me it is smooth; smoother than Valium, though again w/ 10mg the metabolites are irrelevant; it takes 7.5-10mg to equal 5ng dzp; and 7.5mg oxazepam is ~3.75 dzp

If he were taking 40mg every day it would be different; come Scrofula, it is a medical fact; they tried giving me a dose of Valium, and then 3 or 4 doses of it's metabolite, and I seized, and think received a shot of Ativan(it is real hazy)

Lorazepam has a longer duration acutely, and it's anticonvulsant effects last longer
Dzp is biphasic; it first rapidly enters the blood and CNS, and is the widely redistributed during the elimination phase, where it is useless for practical purposes; Clonazepam has a longer(NUCH LONGER W/ acute dosing) and it is a smoother and more gradual(yet intense wd)

It depends how much he drinks; though at 10mg Valium twice a week, Adam hesitant unless he is a borderline alcoholic, and Valium feels so much like alcohol, would probably at least check into other options

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/how-long-does-valium-last/

Not the most scientific reference, though it is correct

It's about lipophillicity, people, how fast it enter/exits the CNS, and how protein bound(98%), leaving basically none of an already mild medication available to reach it's pharmacological target; and vd, all these things must be taken into account
From fastest to longest:(of the common bzd's)

Pretty much it is IME dzp(wears off quickly, though has rapid onset and a at larger doses a quasi chronic dosing effect)- *temazepam- intermediate acting w/ fast-medium onset; Lorazepam /intermediate (delayed onset, low distribution) and clonazepam, just a highly potent and effective, long lasting benzodiazepine - Note that Tranxene(nordazepam effectively) is tricky; it holds better than dzp, though nothing like Clonazepam; most similar to medium duration benzodiazepines like Lorazepam, probably, although with QuID dosing it holds pretty well at the right dose, although it is mild and a partial agonist, so "right@ dise" is, well difficult