• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex , Ativan, and Meth

Thursdaybreeze99

Greenlighter
so I have actually been a heroin addict for over a decade ( am only 26) and have been on some form of opiates or opiods ever since then. most recently it's been subutex for the past few years , along with a daily script of 1mg Ativan 3x a day at the least for the past 4 or 5 years. I have never had a problem with the Sub and Ativan daily combo as i have a very high tolerence for both. I have dabbled in meth use here and there since I quit the H and just recently did it again after a good while. I have even done these three together a very good amount of times as well prior to just recently. I have never had a bad reaction or any health issues ( knock on wood) from the combo but I like to be reassured that since my body is so used to and dependent upon the sub and Ativan daily that adding the meth in occasionally wouldn't make it any more dangerous than normal. Now I wouldn't recommend someone with little or no tollerence to mix these 3 and can easily understand why in that case it would be or could be risky. basically I just want some reasurrence that it is not the same for me because I am physically dependent on the sub and Ativan. and that the meth is just an occasional kicker like it would be if someone who had no benzos or opiate dependence just did meth by itself.

well to answer my own question . I'm fine I think I just geek out and harp on mental hurdles instead of just letting it ride, knowing that I've done much worse and heavier combos ( not that is a good thing or anything) and been fine. I think I just need to remember to tell myself I'm fine. last night was night 2 without sleep. I think I should allow myself to come down and sleep / eat recoup ECT. before I do more . being a heroin addict I always want to take everything to the maximum extreme what the danger fuck zone but that never ends up being fun in the end. I don't know about y'all but after 3 or 4 days of no sleep I start to lose it a little and the world seems like a much more dark and confusing/ dreary place of existence. The only way I can have any recreational fun with this is if I don't go on a bender non stop every time I indulge until everything comes crashing and burning to the ground around me in order to stop lt

id still like to hear anyone else's thoughts on anything relatable in any sense to the thread. tired of hearing my own voice .

You?re not just talking to yourself! & now that you?ve gathered yourself a bit I will say this- I am in a similar situation as you- been an opiate addict for 12+ years on and off (80% on & 20% just on something different) and am a few months back on after a long 2 year meth run, sans opiates for the most part, & I have always thought of whatever ?dangerous concoction? I randomly diddled with as ?not-so-dangerous? because the opiates were basically a part of what I considered a baseline, and anything else I did was like an outlier and should be treated as if I had done it by itself, because again the opiates were routine, normal functioning, may as well treat opiates like air and water kind of thought process. However- I think that is only my addict self telling my anxiety to stfu and chill and just do more or whatever I want, because one day I?ll randomly mix some things up I shouldn?t have just as I had a thousand times before and I?ll have a stroke. Or I?ll have a heart attack. Or I?ll just die. Just my thoughts on how I see it.

thanks for the response brotha. all I can say is seems to be working ok for me . have only slept 3 hours since the start . but I'm sure will crash sometime today because it's just getting to that point but has been pretty comfortable with the combo the whole time . still able to eat and drink . now my next thought is to possibly iv a mixed of sub and meth . like when I wake up from this crash

There is not a hell of a lot to say here. It's unlikely that the combination is going to kill your outright, as has become evident, but that still doesn't mean that it's a particularly healthy practice to continue. Anything involving powerful stimulants like Methamphetamine has the ability to seriously throw you out of whack quickly.