• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New Journey of Recovery

farfalagus

Greenlighter
Hey there. At the age of 19 I dropped out of college out in spite of getting my heart broken and became a heavy addict of opiates and benzos for a little over a year until I slowly began getting my act together. Eventually however after building a job and life for myself in a decent city I became hooked on blow and crystal for awhile until I lost everything again as addicts tend to do. Now I've got a week clean and am looking to start over and go back to school. However there are some chronic issues with my body I was hoping the community could help me address. Which section would be most appropriate for substance induced health conditions?

Big ups on kicking the habit. 1 week is legit, keep it up! One day at a time man. I wouldn't rush into college (acquiring debt, thats another drug in itself.)

My personal opinion would be to keep working and saving whatever money you can to go towards your investment in your education. Research exactly what you career youd like to enter. Dont forget regular physical exercise, healthy diet, and stimulating your mind with books/educational and motivational videos.

Welcome bro!

Hi fafalagus, Welcome to Bluelight. Congrats on getting clean for a week. I can identify with your situation totally and have been there myself.

I'm going to list a few subforums that might help you in your search for info on health issues:

Recovery Support Forums

Sober Living

Healthy Living Forum

Again welcome and hope to see you around Bluelight in the future !