• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cooking with weed

damaged_angel12

Greenlighter
I have smoked for years but never cooked or baked with weed. Any info would be great. I want to make cookies, brownies and maybe candy.

Angel, it's pretty simple if you just want to throw together some homemade edibles. If you want to keep an eye on how each serving doses out, though, you're gonna have to play around with some math. It's always been a headache for me to figure that one out so I just surprise myself.

Anyways, when it comes to a majority of edibles (the easier-to-make ones, anyways), you're going to want to make cannabutter, which is just weed-infused butter. Super easy, but it's also easy to fuck up the first time if you don't pay attention to your simmering butter. The Network's link pops out good information, but if you want an easier path to that info:

https://www.leafscience.com/2017/03/31/how-to-make-the-best-cannabutter-recipes-uses-and-tips/

That link should explain enough to help you develop a basic understanding of the process.

There's one thing in that link I take issue with, though, and it's all about word choice:

Cannabinoids also require heat to be activated

False. These recipes use heat to decarboxylate the cannabis prior to cooking, and has nothing to do with "activating" anything. That process does not require heat, rather, heat speeds the reaction up exponentially. It's more of a catalyst then it is the cause of the change. Ehhh, just a pet peeve of mine.

welcome, damaged_angel12, take a look at the thread stickied at the top of this forum entitled CD Directory as it contains a few threads about edibles and there is a wealth of discussion there about effects and recipes and pitfalls to watch out for.