• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Advice ASAP - Fentanyl Citrate Injection - 100 mcg/2ML using 22G 3ML syringe

LooseCannon00

Greenlighter
I have a question regarding Fentanyl Citrate IV Injection. The bottle is 100 mcg/2ML.

The only syringe this person has is a 22G x 1 inch - 3 ML that is typically used for prescribed Testosterone IM injections. I've used these many times for opiate IV injections.

Can this syringe be used for the Fentanyl injections or would the measurement not be precise enough to use safely?

I am not certain, but would think that 1 CC = 1 ML = 50 mcg? Please only answer this question if you are certain. I guess my concern is that 1 CC in this large of a syringe seems like a large amount, and I wants to be certain before trying anything.

Assuming I has a decently high opiate tolerance, what is a safe but effective dose for an initial IV (NOT IM) injection?

Just to be positive, am I correct in assuming that 2 ML is 100 mcg? I apologize if this seems like a stupid/rookie question, but obviously this is extremely important.

Also, how different is the dosing for IM vs. IV injections?

Lastly, I read that there is no ?rush? like a typical opiate injection and the onset can take some time. Is this correct with IV injection or IM only? How long would I typically wait before safely dosing again?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well n/m on this one as I injected the entire vial of 100 mcg and felt absolutely nothing. Very disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannon, I cannot answer this because I have never personally injected myself with fentanyl. I've had it given during medical procedures and did not like the headaches that followed. You may want to review our site rules as we do not permit the use of swim- hence the editing of your post.