Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD trip help

aih

Greenlighter
Hello there :)
I'm currently planning a trip on LSD, primarily with the hope it will help my anxiety in the long run. However the last trip I had (about 550 ug) did start off bad, but after the peak it calmed down a lot, and was one of the best trips I'd had. Can anyone give me advice on how to make sure the trip goes smoother than last time? Any ways of calming yourself down if anxiety starts making an appearance etc.

Thank you!

It's hard to imagine 550ug not creating at least some initial anxiety - it's a whacking dose. Meditation or good music, a sitter or friend and good setting are all ways to keep things chilled until the maelstrom is over. Your anxious disposition is your 'set' and this should at its lowest level when you decide to trip.

Alternatively you could start low - even microdosing - and working your way up as the anxiety becomes less of a feature. Actually a lengthy spell of microdosing might be a really good way to go before embarking on heroic doses.

Come-up anxiety is a feature of an acid trip even for very seasoned trippers

Hey there :)

If you feel things aren't going so well remind yourself you took a psychedelic drug and the state you're in is only temporary. Don't try to fight the experience or to "cling onto reality", once you're able to relax and go with it things usually turn around quickly (focussing on my breathing always helps me). Also changing the setting can have a huge effect. Switch the lights on/off, turn the music on/off or change it, go outside/inside. If you're outside in nature you can switch from exploring your surroundings to sit with eyes closed and shift your focus to the inside and vice versa. Feeling the ground not only with the hands but with the bare feet has also helped me in the past.

I'd have to agree with EthneoDjinn, 550 mics is up there, even for a seasoned user. It'd be quite hard to completely eliminate all anxiety on the comeup of that high a dose.
As always, ymmv, but I've found that drinking alcohol on the comeup (not an enormous amount, just enough for a decent buzz) really helps you ease into the peak without having anxious feelings. Also, I know many will disagree here, and it varies from person to person, but weed really helps me too. It tends to throw others for a loop so take it slow if going that route.
Also, as stated above, try a smaller dose. If you don't trip often and you were able to find 550mics manageable, try 200 mics. Still a great trip but the bodyload/feeling of anxiety might not be as prominent.

Ive found taking phenibut a couple hours before dosing LSD curbs anxiety for me. I usually do 1-1.5g phenibut and 300mcg of LSD. Just my opinion on personal experience. Also set and setting first and foremost.

Hey there :)

If you feel things aren't going so well remind yourself you took a psychedelic drug and the state you're in is only temporary. Don't try to fight the experience or to "cling onto reality", once you're able to relax and go with it things usually turn around quickly (focussing on my breathing always helps me). Also changing the setting can have a huge effect. Switch the lights on/off, turn the music on/off or change it, go outside/inside. If you're outside in nature you can switch from exploring your surroundings to sit with eyes closed and shift your focus to the inside and vice versa. Feeling the ground not only with the hands but with the bare feet has also helped me in the past.

Everyone I know says that focusing on breathing helps them in times of trouble but whenever I do it I end up feeling more panicked than before and like my lungs are going to explode, strange. Almost always a change in the music will bring me out of whatever undesirable experience I am having.