• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Doctor wont prescribe buprenorphine because I am also prescribed benzos

What's happened? Did you run out early or he won't he prescribe you Klonopin now?

Got a new doctor. And docs nowadays shun on ppl wanting benzos so I?m trying to push the anxiety out instead of surpressing my conscience.

I hope it doesn't get too rough. How long has it been since your last Klonopin dose? Is it a psych doctor you're seeing? Any chance you can get back with the previous one who prescribed it? Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to think of a plan for you.

Taking a benzo and suboxone at intended lower therraputic doses is pretty safe. However at recreation/abuse doses respiratory depression and death are a huge worry. However as you said Sonic the doctor was concerned about his license. It's not illegal to prescribe them together and if the doctor knows his patient he may work with that person. These clinics are not always the best settings. Unfortunately, not all GP's can prescribe this drug as it requires special training.

You haven't really said why you stopped the benzos. Were they prescribed or were you buying from the street? I can see that anxiety is a huge issue for you,, but you did say that you want to be completely drug free. Maybe a drug like Prozac or Zoloft can help with your anxiety issues. Withdrawing from a benzo or opioid habit is miserable and the physical symptoms along with imbalance of hormones/neurotransmitters in the brain can make you feel as if you want to kill yourself. Please don't do this! You need to find a doctor who will help you either taper properly from the benzo or prescribe meds to ease the WD symptoms.

I?m begging my doctor to have sympathy on me. I haven?t had benzos in a while. But I can?t function like this.

This ain?t no way to live unfortunately

Coming off of benzodiazepines can be quite tricky and it certainly takes a long time so that you do this accordingly. It's a huge step IME. Even going through opiates, coming off or down from it. The benzo part is different as it envolves how we learned to cope with life even when we don't notice they are part of what goes behind the curtains back in our unconscious levels. Your doctor should know that. If he doesn't, can you change doctors.

Be honest and be yourself, they need to help you out and not o my cross your name from their charts, so to speak.

Hope that things turn out okay for you!

Take care,
Erik

Long story short I was yanked off of klonopin last year and had two grand mal seizures. I moved to TN with my dad.

I was getting kicked out of where I was living. I fired the docs and moved back to Oklahoma.

All the docs say no to benzo. I?m going to have to lie about my drug addiction past so I can even get on them.

That?s a really shitty doctor. All this hype about benzos and subs being lethal is absolute bullshit. If I?m not mistaken there have only been one documented overdose death and it involved alcohol. My first Dr. Rx me 90 8mg subs, 90 2mg bars, 60 2mg Klonopin, 60 30mg Ritalin, 30 30mg Adderall XR. I had to change doctors because I would IV all my stimulants in 3-4 days and burn through my benzos in about 2 weeks max.

My new doctor Rx my 60 8mg Subs, 90 10mg Flexirl, 120 Fiorcet. That?s my pain management Dr. he won?t write me Benzos but had no problem with my psychiatrist Rx benzos. I was on 90 2mg Xanax and just switch to 90 2mg Klonopin because Xanax to short acting. And he knows I?m on subs