• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Doctor wont prescribe buprenorphine because I am also prescribed benzos

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok so I have no more suboxone and I'm having withdrawal. I'm two days into my withdrawal and I feel awful. Nightmares and waking up and feeling my heart pound. I've never really been this far or bad of a withdrawal.
I have Kratom which I took life 8 grams and it lowered th withdrawals but still I'm in them. How would you guys go about withdraw along for 16 mg of suboxone. The clinic kicked me out for no insurance and I was so mad that I just left there without getting my script. It angers me that they would say they would take care of everything just to let me go like that.

So guys how can I help myself with half a pound of Kratom red meang da and really no other option but to go thru it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sonic, I'm going to move this over to Sober Living if you don't mind. You will find a wealth of information and support over there.

Hi Sonic,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. I am struggling myself. So cold turkey from a 16 mg/day sub habit? Sounds terrible. Is there any way you can get more subs, possibly on the street if you had to? If you could get more I'd suggest a taper. There are many sound sub taper plans that users report successful.

Otherwise, you have the only thing that I truly believe will help you. Kratom is a miracle plant, though addictive in its own right. I would try and obtain a variety of strains so as not to become strain-tolerant.

A third option, would be to acquire short-acting full agonist opiates such as oxycodone. You can switch from sub to oxy (for example), and then withdraw from that, which is so much shorter than a sub WD.

Good luck and keep us posted. You are in the right place, here on SL, and I am sure someone much smarter and more helpful than me will come along.

KK

Well my only option I see is to go to rehab. Not just a detox but a rehab. I feel so alone in all of this and I just don?t know what to do.

If they would of told me this in the beginning I would of never even went thru all of this. Now I have no choice either that or kill myself.

You’ll get through it man. Don’t worry.

It will slowly get better each day.

Tapering would help a little.

Well my stepdad gave me like 13 norco ten but I don?t know if that?s really going to solve this issue

The Norco should help! I'd be taking that to help right now. Obviously slowly. Take bare minimum. But I've never come off 16 mg Suboxone. That does sound rough. Hang in there. When I'm detoxing I just want to be alone but the downside is all your thoughts swarming you like a piranha. I'd try to find more and taper. Go to a clinic maybe? Wish I were more help. I'm currently detoxing off 100mg/day Oxycodone habit. Taking care of a toddler. Whew this process is HARD but you'll make it!

The nausea. The fatigue. The delusional thinking. I've already had a psychosis a big one in 05. I don't deal with stress well. Sometimes I feel like I'm to weak of a person and that's why I use drugs. I am a man that believes in God. But my faith is being tested right now.m

I let so many ppl down and I'm not lookin down on you folks. I understand addiction and how it works. Maybe God will have me a ministry to help addicts as myself.

Hello sonic!

You are among friends and peers here. And many of us are suffering right along with you. I have no experience with subs or any long acting opiates. But I’ve read a lot about it. Coming off 16 mgs is gonna be tough but doable. I’m afraid that Captain Awesome (oops! I mean Captain Heroin!) is right that you may be in for a few months of rough shit. Like others before me, I think a plan B may be in order here. If you can cold turkey this sub doseage, more power to you, but if that fails do you know what you will do?

You memtioned rehab is an option but not detox - I think rehab isn’t necessarily what you need either, at least not right this minute. My understanding is that they don’t give you meds, not even comfort meds, much less a taper of ORT. I’m not sure that detoxing while in another location is really a good option either, as it will suck no matter where you are. I’m guessing if you could have gone and gotten something off the street you would have, not that I’m encouraging that...just thinking that’s not an option?

Kratom is a miracle, but as you have already experienced, it doesn’t take away acute wds like you want it to. It makes it so you can just barely live in your own skin and wait this out. No matter how you look at it, your goal right now should be to feel tolerable, unless you can get back on your normal dose of subs and do a slow taper. I don’t think you mentioned how long you had been on the subs?

With kratom, it’ll make you feel about 60-70% ok - it gets higher the more you adjust to the doseage, but if you want to taper off you will want to keep decreasing. Can you access any comfort meds? Loperamide is over the counter and will help, in a pinch. Will the sub clinic perhaps give you that script you left without? You could call and apologize profusely and tell them you need time to make other arrangements? I know it might not sound like a great option, but, it’s not the worst one either. You should also try and get clonidine, or any sort of meds you can out of those fuckers while you are at it - it should be criminal to just drop someone like that.

Try and come up with a plan before you get too deep into acute wds, or use the norcos for relief so you can think for a few hours. For me, acute wds knock all sense out of my head and all my energy goes into putting one foot in front of the other. If I don’t have a plan first, I’m fucked once I’m in the midst of it.

Hang in there, you will get there, it’s just a matter of time.

- VE

Coming off 16mg, you're on day 2, feeling lime crap, and the worse hasn't started. Your dr is clueless, NOBODY needs 16mg a day, your receptors are full with 12mg, and the worst addicts out there level off around 4-6mg. I feel for ya, and am disgusted with your dr. People who are on sub for a year+ and jump off 1mg, wd for 2-3 months. Dont take your oxy yet, you won't feel them, and will just waste them. Id either do the rehab, find more sub, or find more oxy/perc and stay on those a few weeks. Then if you can get more sub, induce yourself on the sub, and immediately start tapering. Sorry you have to go through this, your dr should be ashamed.

I was on it for a total of four months. And on sixteen mg for one. So I don?t know how I?m going to get thru this other than I have to try. I just don?t know. I?m emotionally hurt by the doctor and I?m just too the point I just feel like I have no more options left.

Well, that's good news that it was only 4 months. If you were on 16 for a month, how much were you on the other 3 months? Sub not only has a long half life, but it also has a stacking effect. It may not be as long a wd period that i originally posted, but it's going to be at least a month. Loperamide would be something you can do if you can't get anything else. Wal-Mart carries large quantities for cheap. There's many threads on the net about loperamide, give them a read.

Buprenorphine withdrawal for me lasted quite a long time, but it doesn't always last that long.

It might only last another few weeks, and is definitely going to get better every day.

Focus on getting food in, mild/low intensity exercise, and keep up with showering and taking care of yourself if you can.

So you were on 8 mg for three months and the most recent month at 16? If you could contact the clinic like VastEmpty had suggested and tell them that you're experiencing withdrawals so they can give you the last prescription. This way you could begin a taper. Are they open right now? If so, call or go there. I would hate to see you suffering through the weekend.

Well I had two strips had took three mg of the strip. I know I?m just prolonging my suffering. But I couldn?t take it anymore. I?m running out of gabapentin klonopin too. So I?ll probably be insane when it?s all said and done.

I would say you are probably closer to coming off of 8mg than 16mg since you were only on the 16mg for a month. Your body takes a while to adjust to an increase in dose on Suboxone so that plays in your favor. Like others have said, I highly suggest contacting the clinic and see if they can give you that last script. Explain you were upset and scared when you left (regardless of how you felt or still feel about them, admitting some wrong will make them more likely to help you). If you can get the last script, particularly if it was for 16mg a day, you should have enough for a decent taper. If you can at least get comfortably down to 4mg/day, the WD isn't so bad. It is very long but for me, it never got past a 4 or 5 out of 10 (with 10 of 10 being the couple of days after stopping a high dose morphine habit). I could still knock myself out every night with OTC sleep aids which really makes a world of difference.

If that doesn't work, come back here and we will formulate something else. Believe me, you do have options.