• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Doctor wont prescribe buprenorphine because I am also prescribed benzos

They don?t answer the phone. They just ignore my call and it goes to a cell phone so they know it?s me. I?m just trying to see this thru. I have so many things I?m running out of that I feel like wulp it?s going to only get worse. Hopefully everything does work out tho.

^ uhhhh...that sounds sketchy as fuck. If they had an office, I would be in it projectile vomiting in between begging for help. I HATE being ignored. It’s one thing to tell someone to fuck off - but to ignore them is unforgivable.

Sonic, is there another clinic or even a primary care provider that deals in subs in your area? I really think you would benefit from a taper. How is the Kratom working for you? Any better?

- VE

edited to add this: I grabbed this from the SL Directory - just in case you need to look up sub doctors in the US: https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-a...cian-program-data/treatment-physician-locator

They are pretty sketchy. Like very. I mean the nurse is the wife of the secretary and he?s not even a secretary and I don?t know if she?s a nurse. She?s asks what you want and then the doctor revues it.

I?m glad I only went four months tho.

Guys I?m just running out of options. I wished I had some gabapentin to get me by but I?m running out of that. Unfortunately I don?t know what to do. The Kratom is making me sick and giving me a huge headache.

Sonic -

i wish i had a brilliant plan for you! Unfortunately, you seem to be up a creek without a paddle. Did you see if you could find anyone near by who prescribes subs? I think that’s your best option.

Now about kratom, if you are getting sick from it you may be taking too much, it can make people sick at high doses. Also, how do you take it? Have you tried brewing tea? That may kinder on your stomach. Honestly, my plan Z would be to go to the ER and get help there. Plan Y is loperamide (Imodium) - have you tried dosing that?

- VE

Well I need to get to Walmart. I need to get Imodium. My truck got stolen in October 2016. So I haven?t had a vehicle since.

Oh man this is just awful.

Well a place just called and they want to do a consultation and then I will be seen. I called the doc that gave me suboxone before and told them I was just upset and they said that they will talk to the doc and see about giving me my last script. Hopefully everything pans out.

The consultation is for a 12 step program to get me to stop abusing drugs which I?m in agreement with. There going to take me but I have to stop klonopin to get there next suboxone and I will be doing this to help me have a better future. Just know guys that I know what all of you are going through.

You're In for a rough ride. If you take the kratom for as long as you'll be in wd from the sub for, you'll get addicted to that, and then wd from that. Keep calling your dr, and get more sub. Do the Robert325 taper.

I don?t take the Kratom. It must be very low grade because it causes me to have massive migraines the next day. I?ve only taken it a few times and it doesn?t even help.

The plan is for me to be functioning and sober. I think this is the best course of action.

sonicwhite said:
Well a place just called and they want to do a consultation and then I will be seen. I called the doc that gave me suboxone before and told them I was just upset and they said that they will talk to the doc and see about giving me my last script. Hopefully everything pans out.

That is such a relief, sonic! I really hope this dr comes through and gives you the script. It’s the right thing to do and will buy you some time. Please let us know how it goes.

- VE

Got my 56 count. Took 1 film and feel so much better. Thank you all who stood by me.

I?m going to go to bed and rest well.

Omg I’m so happy to hear that, sonic!!!

awesome job biting the bullet and getting them. Now you have enough for a taper which won’t be anywhere near what you were looking at facing, not even close. When you get some rest (yay!) and have some time, please let us know what your plan is with a taper.

- VE

Wulp I had my rest. Um im going to be going through a twelve step program and they keep me on suboxone and I?m pretty sure their going to take me.

So I won?t have a definite time of when I will be tapering but when I talked to the nurse she said that the doctor works at my own pace so she said it?s going to be a lot easier than just trying to cold turkey. That?s just what I plan to do. I?m only taking a strip a day tho. No need to exceed eight mg.

I?m 77 days off suboxone and feel really alone and depressed. How long will this last?? Should I be feeling any better?

Kristy35 I suggest you make a thread about what you?re enduring so you can get more answers. I don?t mind you posting on my thread.

Just trying to make it easier on you.