• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Suboxone 32mg/day for ~6months coming off cold turkey. Few withdrawals??

Andyg1231

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have a question.... first a bit about my history - I've dabbled in, well you name it, but never before been addicted to anything until now. This thing really kicked my ass. This is my 4th time off it but I'm determined to stay off it now and have told everyone I know all about this and not let me anywhere near that doc again. I really should have learned my lesson the first time....

First time I thought, hey new legal easy to get drug from the doc. I'm very opiate naive and was prescribed 8mg straight off the bat. I don't think I've ever been so high in my life. (I've literally almost done it all from meth to psychedelics EXCEPT anything opiate related above an oxy 80). I weaned myself down to 2mg straight away no ill effects and was high as a kite for maybe a week. Then I thought this was too good to be true (what comes up must go down), but there was zero comedown.... at all.... I waited and waited and nothing... So a few weeks later I hit him up again and got more and ended up staying on it for about 3 months at that dose, rising to about 8mg/16mg a day to keep the 'high' (This acts almost like meth for me - unlimited energy etc). I run a business/have a family etc so I was being fairly irresponsible, but I judged at the time that I wasn't because it gave me the energy and strength of 10 men and the self confidence of someone permanently coked out. It literally got my business off the ground from nothing to something that supports our family.

I decided to kick it, because I was acting like an addict, and ended up not even getting much of a high from it. Just a small buzz in the morning and it was just to keep me normal.... thought fuck this and ditched it cold turkey. I've read the horror stories, but never got anything other than a relentless lack of energy and lethargy... I had no diaorhoea, I slept like a baby. It was just like a minor cold that went on for a week or 2 (I always forget this part - if it was 1 or 2 weeks). After that I'm relatively back to normal. No PAWS to speak of. Keep in mind all this time though I've been VERY physically active and healthy and sweat it out like crazy daily (my business is a very labour intensive one). This could be part of the reason for the minor W/Ds??

My real question is - I was stupid enough to justify to myself again that it was worth it to get back on it to give my business another boost (and it did!) but I realise it was a dumb mistake. I somehow got up to 32mg/day for maybe 6 months (so 9 months or so total).
Day 4 of cold turkeying this shit. First day is easy. Second and third were hell. Today is more hell but I'm used to it by now.... but it's still nothing more than a minor cold.... nothing worse than before at all. Am I one of the weird lucky ones? or am I in for hell? I did get away with it the first time on a pretty high dose as well more or less... Anyone else been in this situation with suboxone?

Edit : More history: I'm taking a few supplements that seem to help - Vit B6, Acetyl Cartenine, Turmeric, Ginseng, Ginkgo, hydralite iceblocks during the day. Valium (15mg but well under control - I never get many WD's from benzos either for some reason - will be ditching this in 2-3 weeks after the sub WD's go), Valerian Root at night. Having those over the counter Mydol 15 (APAP + 15mg codeine) during the day x 6 per day spaced out - they help greatly but may be prolonging my WD's a bit?).

Hoping that because I've been keeping active and healthy this whole time I've been on this stuff, no prior health/mental defects or addictions... I may be given one last free chance (one can hope)

It always freaks me out so many people saying even coming off something as little as 2mg is hell. That was the first dose I came off and I got zero W/D's. 16mg feels just like my 32mg's now... mild cold... that just goes on and on (2 week cold with no energy and 2 kids and a customer facing labour intensive business to take care of is HARD!). If I could have the luxury of just using this time to chill on the couch watching tv I'd be golden... or maybe that's another reason my WD's are mild.... I'm out in the sun working my ass off all day every day....?

Cheers,

Last edited: