• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 3-FEA - 3-FluoroEthAmphetamine, any thoughts / info about this new compound?

Rexeh

Bluelighter
3-fluoroethamphetamine (3-FEA) is a substituted amphetamine compound. Studies have shown that 3-FEA is a strong releaser of both dopamine and serotonin, resulting in stimulant and empathogenic effects similar to 4-FA.

This is a quote directly from a vendor which as of recent stocks 3-FEA (3-FluoroEthAmphetamine) and will send to The Netherlands / Benelux, anyone have any insights / thoughts / information about this (to me at least) new RC compound it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Would be a nice break from the usual MPA / EPH / Cathinone based stims around...

-- Peace o/

What would you say the difference is between the fluorine at 3 and at 4? For the equivalent amphetamine.

I mean, either or both subjective and inside your brainpan?

EDIT: oh well, of course they have a 2 too.

And this is N-ethyl? Not alpha-ethyl. I guess it might make duration even longer?

These are more interesting than the damn benzos, some one needs to step up.

Last edited:
In general my empiric data suggest the following :

flurine at 2 : Lower potency, less serotonine release, more norepinephrine release, less dopamine release, alleged activity on other receptors like sigma-1/2 (please look it up, I hardly remember it) which lead to a calming effect and balances out the stimulation
flurine at 3 : ~Same potency, ~same serotonine release, more dopamine release, ~same norepinephrine release
flurine at 4: Lower potency, higher serotonine release, less dopamine release, ~same norepinephrine release

But that is just my subjective opinion (most of it is backed by papers) for (meth)amphetamine.

Last edited:
Not exactly a substitute for Adderal, but maybe for MDMA with it's entactogenic properties.

Unlike its close analog 3-FA, which has been reported as being relatively functional and non-recreational, 3-FEA appears to produce effects more similar to another analog 4-FA, which produces notably entactogenic effects. 3-FEA has also been reported to produce less stimulation compared to 4-FA to the degree that some users report it as being primarily sedating. This effect profile likely makes 3-FEA a poor candidate for functional use and better suited for recreational use in a manner similar to MDMA.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/3-FEA

N-ethylamphetamine derivatives in general:
Comparisons among the potencies with which compounds released the various 3H-amines indicated that, in general, as substituent size increased, the compounds became relatively less potent in releasing 3H-catecholamines and relatively more potent in releasing 3H-5-hydroxytryptamine. Thus, these studies indicate that variations in the meta substituent group of N-ethylamphetamine derivatives determine the affinity of the derivatives for norepinephrine nerve endings and the relative affinities of the derivatives for norepinephrine, dopamine and 5-hydroxytryptamine nerve endings.
(more rat brain fun) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1271279

That 1978 paper is still behind a damn paywall. It only gives you size effects for the meta (3) position. So you can't compare to the para (4) or ortho (2) position. Which is obnoxious.

But it implies if you made a 3-methyl N-ethylamph, it would be more serotenergic and less dopa/adrenergic. That makes sense if the unsub. ethylamph is almost pure catecholamine releasing, like methamph.

At least for chopped rat brain with 1978 technology. I'm not sure they could distinguish dopamine and norepi release.

What I find weird is the duration is shorter compared to meth and maybe amph too, according to psychonaut wiki. (Orally.)

You'd think a longer N substitution might cause it to retain longer, like the tryptamines. Speaking of which, someone's taken dimethamphetamine. I'll have to look that up. Along with the fluoro versions.

Well we have to look at the fact that extending the alkyl chain from 3-fluoro N-methyl to 3-fluoro N-ethyl makes the molecule itself slightly less polar (due to the high electronegativity of the alkylbenzene chain looking at it from the point of the Nitrogen) and more lipophilic. Whether thats a good thing or not, who knows, but id be willing to bet that that slight decrease in polarity and as well as increased steric hindrance may affect its distribution in bodily tissue, much like regular amp vs N-methylamp. Unsubstituted N-methylamp appears to be the "sweet spot", with something like 4-mma having both the lipophilic tendencies of a less polar molecule as well as well as increased/unknown affinity for certain receptors. I might have missed something but that seems to cover the gist of it.

Id also like to add that just by virtue of having that 3-fluoro group attached, the metabolism is changed entirely. No longer can the molecule be easily 4-hydroxylated in vivo. Same goes with the n-ethyl substituent, i bet it sticks on there much longer than N-methyl. I don't know the specifics of it but something like n-methylamp could very easily force its way into the brain/cns and then be quickly broken down by enzymes that exist solely in the brain to remove methyl groups from amino substituents, a la DMT's quicker breakdown. Yet still stick around for long enough to cause that extended high.

Last edited:
I can't seem to follow like 50% of what is posted here LOL... but I'm doing my uttermost best to learn from all of your postings. :) Any user reports out there and any neurotoxicity information I should know before ordering myself 5 grams of this 3-FEA? :) I personally like the fact that is being compared to MDMA and does seem to have a relatively high duration in the body...

Keep on posting! :D

-- Peace o/

g0to said:
but id be willing to bet that that slight decrease in polarity and as well as increased steric hindrance may affect its distribution in bodily tissue,

Ever so barely more lipophilic, but still with a plus charge on it. I thought the current wisdom (my less wise interpretation) was the alkyl tail helped resist MAO action on tryptamines. Then again, it's always hard to know if that's a finding, or somebody's handwaving that got repeated.

If it were true you'd expect the same or longer resistance. But looking through psychonaut wiki I realized they're counting "high" duration, not total drug duration. The way a meth
"high" lasts 5 minutes for some people, or 2 hours for others, and some of us find we're will awake 12 hrs later.

Right now psychonaut says it last a tad longer than MDMA.

It feels allright. Serotonergic a bit like 5-eapb but the day after felt better. But not a pure 5-ht releaser like MDAI.

In comparison to MDMA or 6-APB its milder. The stimulaton X has is hardly there. But imo its pleasant especially in combo's.

The combination of 4-FEA and 3-FEA as pills is pretty popular in the NLs atm, don't know about any trip reports though.

The combination of 4-FEA and 3-FEA as pills is pretty popular in the NLs atm, don't know about any trip reports though.
How would the 4-FEA add. Never saw that one btw just 2-FEA/ 3-FEA combo's.

All this experimenting while there was Methylone.