• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

MDMA Marquis reagent test (Black with yellow tint)

Tech-Yes

Greenlighter
Hi guys

Just wanted to run a question by you.

I have recently started testing all the MDMA that I get hold of as to prevent myself from getting methed-around.

The MDMA I get from my dealer is always a rock weighing a gram and when I crush it and test it with a marquise reagent the clear liquid changes to black pretty quickly but has a yellow tint. After a few hours the liquid is completely black and the yellow tint has disappeared.

I need help explaining what could have caused this color? Is it possible that the rock was contaminated with methylone?

I have ended up taking the MD regardless based on the black end result and really had a good time. My friends all agree it?s a very clean high which confuses me about the results.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Cheers

Marquis and mandellin, the two most commonly used testers can detect mdma etc as described on the packaging.

However, detecting secondary active amines, well, your luck is the best you have.
These testers are designed to detect a presence of, xyz. Thats it.

So if you confirmed mdma was present, thats 50% of the detection work.
The rest needs much more serious equipment/ lab / skill to work through.

But it is a good result to confirm you can detect mdma as the major active chem.

The results of a reagent test should only be read in the first minute as moisture and oxygen in the air can cause colour changes.

That initial yellow tint is certainly concerning. Normally the best thing to do is crush very gently and try to separate any crystals that look a little different to test separately. If this gives the same outcome then you should do some additional testing. Using more than one reagent can is the simplest technique, and then if this doesn't give a clearer answer then using adulterant-separator kit (these use something called "thin layer chromatography" to get the molecules to move into separate piles depending on their molecular properties) works well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCA66DE8UM

If you don't fancy the complexity of that then a lab test from Ecstasydata or Energy Control International is the best thing. This is the most accurate test by far and will tell you exactly what's in it.