View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking LSD with moderate-severe OCD

echoesthroughtime

Greenlighter
I was diagnosed with OCD officially last summer (I've dealt with it since I was 10) that left me bed-ridden with anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I started taking 30mg of prozac a day and that drastically improved my condition to where I could function again. I recently took on an interest to psychedelics and wanted to try a lower dose of LSD (80-100ug) in the summer after the school session gets out. I researched this topic and found that people with OCD benefited from LSD and other psychedelic use. I am not looking to go deep into myself but more or less looking to have a nice, relaxing time where I can forget my issues and see some cool stuff. But, I'm worried my intrusive thoughts could end up messing me up for life and making the trip turn south. Do you think I would be in any danger and I should just avoid psychedelics in general? I smoke weed with friends on occasion and I usually end up having 1-4 intrusive thoughts during my high which I usually can brush off or forget about.

I too have OCD about the same as you and tbh it really depends on the dose and how I'm feeling that day. You're on Prozac though which is a ssri so a 100ug dose of LSD won't do much for ya, if you don't already know ssris and antipsychotics severely blunt lsd's effects. This can be combated by increasing your dose, but if this is your first time I suggest you start with a low dose 100- 150 ugs and see how you react, you can always take more another day. If cannabis sets off thought loops like it does for me avoid it.
Hope that helps enjoy the trip! I find I become less impulsive when I'm on LSD and I am 100x more social.

I am not looking to go deep into myself but more or less looking to have a nice, relaxing time where I can forget my issues and see some cool stuff.

***IN MY OPINION***, this is not a good mindframe to be approaching acid. There are psychedelics out there that carry less of a mindfuck and a more hedonistic experience, like some of the phenethylamines, but even then they can turn your inwards and confront you with issues, specially the first times, because that's what psychedelics do by definition: They are mind-manifesting substances.

Not to scare you away from them, they can be cleansing and useful tools, but don't take acid expecting to have a relaxing time watching cool colors. I mean, I've had trips like that, but honestly they started to happen after I've already had a significant amount of experience with psychedelics, my early trips were all "uncomfortable" in one way or another, though not exactly in a negative way, but shit can get intense and it's unpredictable. Of course if you take a really low dose it's very unlikely you'll get intrusive thoughts as you call them, but such a dose would probably not be very visual either. Maybe you can look into something like AL-LAD, which is generally regarded as more visual and less introspective than LSD?

I hate to sound preachy, and as I said I don't intend to scare you away from psychedelics because they are truly magical, but just wanted to make sure you are aware that having deeply introspective moments is a real possibility whenever you trip, and the less "experienced" you are the more difficult it is to try to ignore those thoughts as you can do with weed, because acid amplifies everything you feel... And that's not a bad thing, those moments of deep introspection are what make psychedelics so special :)

It's just that they are not drugs that you take to "relax and forget your issues". More often than not they have the opposite effect.

If I were you I would start with even a smaller dose. Lets say 50-80ug. And absolutly don?t mix it with weed.

***IN MY OPINION***, this is not a good mindframe to be approaching acid. There are psychedelics out there that carry less of a mindfuck and a more hedonistic experience, like some of the phenethylamines, but even then they can turn your inwards and confront you with issues, specially the first times, because that's what psychedelics do by definition: They are mind-manifesting substances.

Not to scare you away from them, they can be cleansing and useful tools, but don't take acid expecting to have a relaxing time watching cool colors. I mean, I've had trips like that, but honestly they started to happen after I've already had a significant amount of experience with psychedelics, my early trips were all "uncomfortable" in one way or another, though not exactly in a negative way, but shit can get intense and it's unpredictable. Of course if you take a really low dose it's very unlikely you'll get intrusive thoughts as you call them, but such a dose would probably not be very visual either. Maybe you can look into something like AL-LAD, which is generally regarded as more visual and less introspective than LSD?

I hate to sound preachy, and as I said I don't intend to scare you away from psychedelics because they are truly magical, but just wanted to make sure you are aware that having deeply introspective moments is a real possibility whenever you trip, and the less "experienced" you are the more difficult it is to try to ignore those thoughts as you can do with weed, because acid amplifies everything you feel... And that's not a bad thing, those moments of deep introspection are what make psychedelics so special :)

It's just that they are not drugs that you take to "relax and forget your issues". More often than not they have the opposite effect.
This; sound advice.

LSD is not an escapism drug where you just see pretty colors and laugh. Hell, smoke some weed if that's what you're looking for, or seek out a more hedonistic psychedelic; however, as Img said, most any psychedelic will turn you inwards if you're not ready for it. Psychedelics are not the kind of drugs people take for pleasure, so much as they are exploratory substances that help reveal the true nature of the self and the universe to one's self.

If you're on an anti-depressant like prozac, I'd go further and say avoid psychs entirely. Wait until you're in a different period of your life where you don't need SSRIs.