• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crushing seroquel xr

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
Does crushing seroquel xr defeat the time release making it a shorter half life?

T1/2 isn't all that important

yes you can crush them up, and preferably into powder, and it's just plain seroquel; a weird, mild antidepressant that is also a potent antihistamine and at low-moderate doses is a fairly effective hypnotic that knocks some people out, and makes them hungry, until they sleep again

Seriously, though, yeah, you can defeat the time release. It's not like opana; and can understand why you would want the option

Seroquel shouldn't stop you from doing drugs at reasonable doses, though knock yourself out in any case

Hello Specified. If you don't mind me asking, for what condition are you prescribed Seroquel? One gram is not a low dose and I am concerned that taking mind-altering drugs with your medication could hinder your progress. Which drug were you planning to use?

Well, I take quetiapine everyday and the times I've crushed it I realized that it takes a little more to make the effect, I don't know if that occured because I was mixing it with food, but for me it doesn't work as I wanted to. Generally when I crush pills, no matter which substance is, it works normally.

If I'm thinking right, you think about doing this because probably the pill is too big, right? Where I live, quetiapine pills increases size according to the dosage and I don't like to swallow big pills as well. If this is the case, I recommend that you break the pill in half and swallow the two halves.

Well, I take quetiapine everyday and the times I've crushed it I realized that it takes a little more to make the effect, I don't know if that occured because I was mixing it with food, but for me it doesn't work as I wanted to. Generally when I crush pills, no matter which substance is, it works normally.

If I'm thinking right, you think about doing this because probably the pill is too big, right? Where I live, quetiapine pills increases size according to the dosage and I don't like to swallow big pills as well. If this is the case, I recommend that you break the pill in half and swallow the two halves.
Thanx for the info. I just got switched from 15 years of quetiapine IR to XR….AND I CAN’T SLEEP! I have looked everywhere on the net regarding crushing them (hoping to get an IR effect and all sites ever say is “don’t crush them” but never say why. So I was thinking ‘will it kill me or something?’…so thank you my friend!