• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

need advice on switching from OXYCODONE to kratom

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
Hi guys, ill start from saying ive been using this forum from google searches for months. I just finally decided to make an account to personally ask for help and advice.

I have gone through withdrawals many times and CANNOT stand it one bit. Itnis litteral hell on earth. I swear its the worst thing anyone in thenworld can go through.

Anyways, im perscribed 40mg a day, but have been abusing for almost a year. I take roughly 100-130mg a day.. And always say when i get my next script ill be smart. And never am. Ever.

So anyways, i just ordered 100g of red bali kratom. I paid extra for 2-4day arrival because i work steady but dontnget my next script till 27th. I only have roughly 160mg left. Im hoping someone can offer advice on using kratom to last me till my script is ready.

I realize i should have gotten meang da or whatever it is called but i spent the last of my money ordering red bali powder 100g. I need to not withdrawal and beable to work... Please give me advice on how to use this. I understand it can be addictive as well but i am okay with substituting oxy with kratom for now as it is cheaper, less addictive and legal.

Sorry for the long post. I have alot more to say but do not want to make this post very long. Please give me best advice you can from personal experience.

Thank you, DaveNeedsToTaper

Hi guys, ill start from saying ive been using this forum from google searches for months. I just finally decided to make an account to personally ask for help and advice.

I have gone through withdrawals many times and CANNOT stand it one bit. Itnis litteral hell on earth. I swear its the worst thing anyone in thenworld can go through.

Anyways, im perscribed 40mg a day, but have been abusing for almost a year. I take roughly 100-130mg a day.. And always say when i get my next script ill be smart. And never am. Ever.

So anyways, i just ordered 100g of red bali kratom. I paid extra for 2-4day arrival because i work steady but dontnget my next script till 27th. I only have roughly 160mg left. Im hoping someone can offer advice on using kratom to last me till my script is ready.

I realize i should have gotten meang da or whatever it is called but i spent the last of my money ordering red bali powder 100g. I need to not withdrawal and beable to work... Please give me advice on how to use this. I understand it can be addictive as well but i am okay with substituting oxy with kratom for now as it is cheaper, less addictive and legal.

Sorry for the long post. I have alot more to say but do not want to make this post very long. Please give me best advice you can from personal experience.

Thank you, DaveNeedsToTaper

For me, 4 grams keeps withdrawals mild. Around 15 grams will completely take away withdrawals... It doesnt last long. 3-5 hours. If you mix with tumeric and black pepper it can potentiate and make it last longer. I find this way I only need to dose twice a day as opposed to three. A spoonful of each. Has to be both. I just mix all three in water and drink.

Its easy to just eat an ounce and feel nice but if you eventually want to be clean... I would keep doses as small as possible so you still feel some pain. That bag could be gone in 2 days if you're stupid with it. Or it could last you a month.

Last edited:
Is red bali a good strain for me to have chosen? I have to work still so im hoping ill be able to take it in the am and be withdrawal free at work.. Then take again near bed time and be okay threw my sleep. I wake up even now around 9-10am with aching legs. Im hoping to at bare minimum make the 100g last till the 27th. Will it be okay to just not take any meds and only take kratom for work and then for sleep?

I have never tried this before and i have an extresmly high metabolism. Hope 4-5 grams will last me mywork shift (4-5 hours) without withdrawal. It says expected delivery 19th. I hope thats right. If not im fucked..

Maeng da is definitely stronger than other kinds, usually. It will be the most effective for fighting withdrawal.

That said, Bali should work fine, but you might need 20% more than Maeng da for the same effect.

I found kratom to inspire a re-dose (in my many years of addiction, posted about elsewhere here on BL), about every 4 hours. The urge to dose would come back then. But withdrawal symptoms didn't show up until 12 hours after my last dose.

Edit: don't forget immodium / loperamide. It's sold in all pharmacies and is an opiate. It is unable to cross the blood brain barrier so it doesn't get you high, but it does help the body with withdrawal effects. It can be very very useful if one does not have any other opiates to help the withdrawal. Good luck!

Last edited:
Red Bali should work. I got some kratom from a local smoke shop and didn't get the red kind at all. Malay I think it was and it helped with my withdrawals. So even the shit kind I found to be helpful. It was very small dose too, like .5 grams and it helped. Start low. I was told 3-4grams too to start.

Hey guys the krstom came in eairly. I just took 4g. Nasty tasting stuff.... Scaled a few 4 5 and 6 gram bags at my work and just drove back home. I took 3 5mg percs this am for work at 11 am and i was already craving at 1 pm. Idk if its hust in my head but i feel relaxed a bit already so idk if this is okay to work on.. Hoping i ownt need to take any oxy tonight

Actually you need to get a green strain if you want it to feel anything like oxycodone. The greens are by far the most euphoric. If you want the absolute best kratom available go thru botanical kratom. They are out of Canada, they run many tests on all their kratom and if it doesn't meet a specific amount of alkaloids they reject it and won't sell it. Basically meaning if its not potent as fuck they will not sell it. Get one of their green strains, and their super green is the best kratom you can possibly get. Now it is a little pricier than other places but you definitely get what you pay for. But yes reds are mainly for anxiety and pain but the greens are the most euphoric by far and if your wanting kratom that feels anything like oxy than you need to get a really good green strain. I cannot stress this enough. Green green green!!!! Botanical kratom super green and any of their green strains are the most euphoric you will ever find. Good luck!!!