• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alprazolam (Xanax) 2mg

Noseybonk1988

Greenlighter
Need a question answered on this by experienced users.

I consider myself to be very benzo tolerant, although it was a while since I last used up to 10mg

I'd say a while, more like a few months ago, I had used 10mg valium over a few weeks with difficulty sleeping (anything else below that dose I barely notice)

Anything else like opioid use, I have a very high tolerance for

Xanax, I had never used in my life. I recently got hold of around 15 2mg Alprazolam, I didn't really get the lot of them for myself. Anyway cut to to it, I tried a 2mg one which I had read online was not advised to those who are have little to no benzo tolerance - I didnt consider myself in that bracket

Around 2 hours after first popping the 2mg Alprazolam, I had been sat using my laptop (stupid I know) drinking a hot strong tea, next thing I know I wake up three hours later after the most terrifying dream I've had in ages, with my dog whimpering sat on top of me .. tea spilled all down my side burning my skin

I feel like such a fool, I am guessing I was stupid for taking that much when I shouldn't have, before I knew how it would really work .. is this what really caused it or should it not have worked the way it did considering what I mentioned above??

Any info would be appreciated. 8(

Things like this happened to me when I was out of benzos and then back to a higher or close dose than I did regularly, so I think that what is happening to you is normal, 2mg of alprazolam after many time without taking benzos is a "high" dose.

A question for you: you never experienced nightmares while in effect of benzos? When I was in high doses of clonazepam(+12mg) I used to have bad dreams and/or sleep paralysis.

Things like this happened to me when I was out of benzos and then back to a higher or close dose than I did regularly, so I think that what is happening to you is normal, 2mg of alprazolam after many time without taking benzos is a "high" dose.

A question for you: you never experienced nightmares while in effect of benzos? When I was in high doses of clonazepam(+12mg) I used to have bad dreams and/or sleep paralysis.

While I was out after the 2mg alprazolam, I had a horrific dream, I couldn't wake up and I was surround by people talking around me, and every time I tried to speak, I couldnt say anything other than slur badly ..

Stupidity of the highest order .. I got too cocky thinking my tolerance was so high 2mg would be a dose that wouldn't touch me but at least I could test to try the effects .. which I certainly did feel in the end but in a bad way ..

I have had blackouts many times before but obviously haven't learned. I'm incredibly lucky, I had been out the house briefly after dropping it, could have passed out anywhere but at the time nothing touched me, and his was over an hour after dropping it on an empty stomach.

So it taken few hours to take a real effect and bam, I was out like a light but luckily propped up on a chair watching TV

Not sure whether I'll bother using these again. I thought Xanax was more just a relaxant than anything as bad as this, but perhaps I should try a very small dose in future if I insist on trying it again.

What dose do people recommend for those like myself to be on the safe side, if there's such a thing??? 8o

Well, alprazolam is much stronger than Valium. Something like 5 to 10 times stronger.

I wouldn't give up on Xanax. I'd just take a smaller dose. All the benzodiazepines feel pretty similar, it is mostly just the duration that changes. If you like one, you will almost assuredly like the others. I find the shorter duration one of the best qualities of Xanax (or etizolam for that matter).

They make the 2 MG Xanax in a bar that can be split into quarters for a reason. Xanax is strong, tread carefully.

Thats funny because the exact opposite thing happened to me. I have 0 benzo tolerance and expected a quarter .5mg xanax to work but I have to eat a whole bar to get a noticeable effect.

Valium quit working for me. I used to be able to take 2.5mg and feel super calm and good. Then 5mg had to be taken. It finally just quit working altogether. I have .05mg xanax and if I take that, I'm super calm and relaxed and will get tired. If I'm having low level anxiety, I will even cut one of those in half and it takes the edge off. I can't imagine taking 2mg!!! Dr. did prescribe 1mg extended release xanax and I don't like those. I'm OUT!! I will sleep all day long - I don't remember dreaming tho. But those were too powerful. I think you'd do fine taking the .05mg of xanax. My bottle says I can take 1 pill 3 times a day. It is short acting for sure. I took one at 6:00AM and it pretty much wore off by 6:00pm or so. That day, anxiety was high so I did take another one that evening. The next day I didn't need anything.

2mg xanax is equal to 40mg Valium. So unless you took a handful of vs at once then no you shouldn't of taken near that much

My experience has been that I don't usually remember my dreams while taking benzos. The exception would be if I get woken up and go back to sleep, that's when the weird dreams come but not too often.

I agree 2 mg was a bit too much. OP, if you want to try again start with 1 mg about 20 minutes before going to bed.

Theoretically, this seems pretty plausible. It's one of those situations where 99% of time time it's textbook overintoxication. The problem is, if it's something else, we will have a very difficult time trying to figure that out. Something to be aware of: all pills can be feasibly counterfeited, but, in practice, the drugs that are most commonly counterfeited are going to be the most or of the most popular drugs of its kind out there. What does this mean?

Oxycodone 30mg tablets

Oxycodone 80mg controlled-release tablets

Alprazolam 2mg tablets/bars

Much less occasionally....

10mg Hydrocodone/APAP

Amphetamine tablets (Adderall)

These are just a few examples to help illustrate my point. There was a time last year that my area (Burlington, VT) and Lowell, MA, where I'm from were both flooded with presses of 2mg Alprazolam Bars that did not contain Alprazolam, but a mystery Benzodiazepine and I would say that they were at least twice as potent as a standard 2mg Alprazolam tablet. They have also found more than one instance of "bars" having nothing other than Fentanyl analogs contained therein.

It will be very hard to ever arrive at a definitive answer, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if you got one of these overpowered bars that I experienced myself. I too ended up in a dangerous situation at work when I was only expecting a mild sedation. A blackout is a blackout and it doesn't really matter how "close" you are, once you're over that event horizon, it's on.

Theoretically, this seems pretty plausible. It's one of those situations where 99% of time time it's textbook overintoxication. The problem is, if it's something else, we will have a very difficult time trying to figure that out. Something to be aware of: all pills can be feasibly counterfeited, but, in practice, the drugs that are most commonly counterfeited are going to be the most or of the most popular drugs of its kind out there. What does this mean?

Oxycodone 30mg tablets

Oxycodone 80mg controlled-release tablets

Alprazolam 2mg tablets/bars

Much less occasionally....

10mg Hydrocodone/APAP

Amphetamine tablets (Adderall)

These are just a few examples to help illustrate my point. There was a time last year that my area (Burlington, VT) and Lowell, MA, where I'm from were both flooded with presses of 2mg Alprazolam Bars that did not contain Alprazolam, but a mystery Benzodiazepine and I would say that they were at least twice as potent as a standard 2mg Alprazolam tablet. They have also found more than one instance of "bars" having nothing other than Fentanyl analogs contained therein.

It will be very hard to ever arrive at a definitive answer, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if you got one of these overpowered bars that I experienced myself. I too ended up in a dangerous situation at work when I was only expecting a mild sedation. A blackout is a blackout and it doesn't really matter how "close" you are, once you're over that event horizon, it's on.

Benzo tolerance also builds and dissipates very quickly. Within just a couple of days your tolerance can be doubled or tripled if you keep pushing at the dose to get a buzz. But then just a week or so later some people can almost be back at no tolerance at all. It makes it difficult at times to make sense of dose-responses. But overall, yeah, pretty clear you took too much.

But like Keif' mentioned, it could be possible that you have counterfeit pills that were perhaps pressed with an RC benzo such as etizolam or clonazolam (probably etiz considering it is alprozolam's theono relative). I have never run across a counterfeit benzo pill before but I have read stories online. Anecdotally I have heard they do try to increase the strength to help distinguish them in the market.

One of the primary concerns when discussing counterfeit pills, is that the content of the pill itself is going to be driven by cost and availability more so than recreational value. The most likely candidate for one of these counterfeits is going to be the easiest one to synthesize.

This, you might say, is the primary reason for the proliferation of Fentanyl and its analogs. The things is, if you have the available chemicals, it's pretty easy to just make a drug that is several times stronger than Morphine, using a very similar chemical process. If Morphine were easy to make, which it really is not, we would all be doing Morphine.

What would you all suggest for a first time etizolam dose for a very highly dependent benzo user? For example, I it takes 3 xanax bars to get me feeling good. I'm prescribed Klonopin, so I can literally take almost as many of them as I want. I get a nice buzz from 15-20mgs. What would anyone suggest for a first time eitzolam trial given these factors?