• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rotating appetite auppressants for eating disorders

Mind-Expansion

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

A lot of people suffer from eating disorders. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder. Because of the great availability of food, eating disorders can sometimes be harder to give up than certain drugs. Eating disorders don't only lead to excessive weight gain and deseases, but also to deppression and relationship problems.

Certain drugs are able to suppress one's appetite and thus prevent one from overeating. Most of them either work by increasing dopamine or serotonin levels.

Here is a list of some potent appetite suppressants:

- Ephedrine
- Sibutramine
- Phentermine
- Bupropion
- Amphetamines
- Dopamine Agonists
- Melanotan II

The problem with appetite suppressants is, one can't use them on a daily basis. After a certain period of time, the drugs stop working and one would have an even greater appetite after stopping them.

Therefor I hope you can add some more alternatives. By daily rotating appetite suppressants, one wouldn't build a tolerance and the drugs kept working.

Last edited:
If you are using these drugs purely for appetite suppression then it should work alright assuming you react well to all of the drugs you listed. Just don?t get hung up on how they make you feel, i?m talking about amphetamine and other psychostimulants for the most part.

If you are using these drugs purely for appetite suppression then it should work alright assuming you react well to all of the drugs you listed. Just don?t get hung up on how they make you feel, i?m talking about amphetamine and other psychostimulants for the most part.

That's why I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm of the belief that medications would be only a tool in helping someone with an eating disorder. Back in 1990 I had a doctor prescribe me the fenfluramine/phentermine (sp?) combo. Like you mentioned, when I stopped using it, the weight crept back up. I'm going to move this over to Healthy Living and you may get more responses. Welcome to Bluelight. :)

When you overeat for emotional reasons (something I do) you have to address the emotions. It's that simple but that is about as useful as saying losing weight is simple if you just take in less calories than you burn with exercise. Something can be simple and yet for us humans, the most difficult thing in the world.

What does this have to do with healthy living? Not to mention it's looking a lot like "what should I take?"