• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Want to avoid xanax withdrawal

Justhavingfun20172

Greenlighter
How often and what dosage can I take xanax without becoming dependent and experiencing withdraws. I meditate everyday and xanax is amazing for that. Could just weekend use at low dosages cause problems?

Last edited:
How often and what dosage can I take xanax without becoming dependent and experiencing withdraws. I meditate everyday and xanax is amazing for that. Could just weekend use at low dosages cause problems?

I'm not really an expert on benzos, but I think you would have to take it daily for 2 weeks to a month before getting withdrawls. If you stick to weekend use that is unlikely to cause withdrawal but I mean do you really want to go down that road? If you do get addicted benzo withdrawal is deadly.

What about some kava root? That would probably be safer. Be sure its the root.

Or better yet meditate sober... that is kinda the whole point of meditation isnt it? To alter consciousness?

I'm not really an expert on benzos, but I think you would have to take it daily for 2 weeks to a month before getting withdrawls. If you stick to weekend use that is unlikely to cause withdrawal but I mean do you really want to go down that road? If you do get addicted benzo withdrawal is deadly.

What about some kava root? That would probably be safer. Be sure its the root.

Or better yet meditate sober... that is kinda the whole point of meditation isnt it? To alter consciousness?
Thanks for your response. I will have to order Kava root and see what it's about. What I do is more like visualization, not really following any religion, I've beem doing it on my own for several months. I was thinking about .5 of xanax taken only one time a week. By what you said I should be fine. Thanks again for your response