• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My Story of comfortably detoxing off Norcos 15-20 times last 5 years. GUIDE AND TIPS

Trying2Help

Greenlighter
YOOOOOOO everyone! My name is Jake (No it's not...who are we kidding..but that's what I'm calling myself. Everything else in this post is 100% true) and I've been a long time follower of this site. So many threads have saved me over and over I cant thank this site enough. I've followed it pretty much for 6+ years. I have some quick solutions to detox. Im sure people have posted similar stuff 90000 times here but I felt like sharing my story and im here for any questions. The first two detox I ever went through were without anything and I couldn't imagine doing that ever again. Here's what I do to get off and sometimes stay off **Note. I do have lifetime uncurable nasal condition that causes real, terrible hourly pain**

I'll just say now I dont have the best grammar or spelling. I'm here for telling...not spelling! So if you're a grammar Nazi...you can still read my plan but hold your little snide remarks to your little grammar group. I can just see you guys holding weekly meetings correcting peoples grammar and spelling on twitter and Instagram.

How long have I used pain meds and a little of my backstory. Scroll down past if you're in serious hurting and don't give a flying fuck about my little story and just need detox tips.
Since 2003 when I had my first sinus surgery. 5mg Norco was the first thing I ever had...It changed my life for the good and bad. I have chronic nasal polyps that causes weekly sinus infections, 20+ operations, no sense of of smell 80-90% less tasting than normal..and constant pressure and pain in my face. I was given 5-10 mg of hydrocodone pretty regularly for the first 5 years as there is no cure for my ailment. its not life threatening but it is considered top 5 worst diseases to live with. Just imagine 50 pound weight on ur head. You have i thin 8 sinus cavities...when you're stuffed up and full blown "SICK" you have 1-2 cavaites filled. All 8 of my sinuses caves have been filled since 1996...when I was 10. I'm 32 now. Just this list doctor visit when we agreed on my 21st sinus surgery he finally got me a pain management apportionment. IM praying that I can keep this and dont screw it up. I really want to be normal and have done so for months and years but it's time to do it for good. I didnt get hooked until about 4-5 years ago. I remember the day my friend told me she knew a guy that sold norcos daily. $4 for yellow norcos. Get as many as you want whenever you want (he's now a friend of mine and finally told me how. His friend worked for a drug pharmacy courier and took daily orders. That stopped about 2 years ago when the govt tightened their noose around opiates)

That first purchase of 15 of them changed my life no matter how you look at it. They're now anywhere from 5.50 - 8 ea...here in the Bay Area, CA. I got up to 30-40 at my worst. Im not on day 2 of my 15th-20th detox (i've lost count)...my most recent habit was about 2-3 of them every 3 - 5 hours. roughly anywhere from 12-25 a day. Here's my daily detox guide. Note im no freaking doctor...far from it. Just a functioning addict who lives in daily pain and would like to share with you how I function without pain meds all the time. Also...there is other medication in my list...if you cant get it prescribed or 'Find it' i'll have other options for you..which obviously wont be as good. I have seen the Thomas guide but i knew after reading that fucking bible length guide and my ADHD lazy ass was never sticking to or doing that guide. SO here's the...

LAZY POS FAKE JAKE PAIN PILL DETOX PLAN

My Detox with Prescribed Medication: *Note. I'm currently on disability. I have worked during a detox though and it sucks. You can do it though. But..if there's anyway to get time off please ask for the work week off 5 days. If you cant get that many...try to get a Thursday and friday off so you can plan this. I can't explain to you how much easier it is for me when I can stay in bed and around the house by myself and my GF. I'm also very opiate tolerant. I'll binge for 3-6 months at 10 10mg norcos- 30 10mg norcos a day. Please consider that when doing this. If you have a 2-3 pill a day habit. Take everything I say and cut it in half. If not more. Do research. Have a gameplan.

Medication and amount needed for a 7 day detox.
(7-12) 10MG Ambien
(3-4) 8MG Suboxone or Subutex
(15-20) .5mg of Ativan or (or (10) 1mg Xanax)

Details of medication below

(10) 10mg of Ambien
(*OTC Ambien substitute. Melatonin 5mg Or a weed edible if you smoke. Ambien can be used like a benzo since it works like one and sometimes i can't tell the difference from ambien and ativan. Albeit i've used ambien on and off for a year. Not reccomended for everyone. Im one of the very few that dont get blacked out off ambien do weird shit besides the time I blacked out and shaved both my eyebrows 3 days before my friends wedding who miraculously called off the wedding...i got lucky ( he did too) )(4) 8mg Subxone broken in 4 2mg quarters (Suboxone substitute if you cant get your hands on it this is emergency only 40mg-60mg of Imodium daily I'll detail this later and dont take it without reading my full story on it).

(20) .5mg Ativan
(Any narcotic anti-anxitey will work. Valium. Klonopin. Ativan. Xanax. Look up the other benzos...the only benzos ive had is Ativan and Xanax.
2mg of Ativan = 1mg of Xanax. I dont know of a OTC substitute that will even remotely come close to these for the mental aspect. IF you wanna get sleepy get benedrayl)

*** If you cant get any of these...the only other medication i've used in a pinch that worked was Soma's. 500mg. 2-3 times a day for 7 days. Also, Kratom Bali strain helped too but it made me through up sometimes so I dont use it. But Kratom has it's great amount of success stories. I would look into that if I were you. It just wasnt my thing ***

IF you cant get ANYTHING...Scroll to the bottom and read my list of shit i used my 2nd detox when I was a newbie and it helped 50%

I love you. You can fucking do this. I'm not just saying that. IM the laziest...least strong willed person on this planet and im able to stop for long stretches. So can you. Im here for you if you have no one. I'll respond to you all. YOU HAVE TO MENTALLY and Physically prepapre yourself for each detox. It's almost like war. Seriously

**Note 2-5 minimum of 30 min hot showers daily. 4-6 32 oz Gatorades daily.
Day 1:
(12 hours after my last dose) This has been a routine. I count my pills...I do my last 2-3 around 2-4am. I wake up around noon...kick the can for a few hours until hour 12 when I take 2mg of suboxone. I know there has been hell of research and posts about when you can take subs. I see some people saying 24-48 hours and i honestly cant believe it. Im sure everyone is a bit differnt and other drugs probably effect the time difference but 12 hours is way enough time at least for me. ( i've taken subs 5 hours after my last dose once on accident...i felt normal and fine) I usually try to stay occupied by watching stuff online, reading sports, playing with my GF cats (they have saved me a lot of sad times), and kind of clock watch. My Gf gets home around 6-7pm we hangout and eat and watch TV. She knows about all of this FYI...she is highly supportive and just wants to see my happy and healthy. MY Anxiety doesn't really kick in until the 24 hour mark of the last pain pill you took. This is when I take anywhere from .5mg of ativan -2mg of Ativan. I get prescribed Ativan recently and its just mainly to help sleep (insomnia) and to kick this shit to be honest. Hour 28 roughly 4am Im ready for bed (night owl) and I take 10-20mg of Ambien. 10mg if im already slightly sleepy. Ambien is a godsend. If I could only pick one drug to get through this it would probably be Ativan but Ambien is a close second. It takes all my worries and restlessness away and I usually sleep well on it.

Day 2ish: 2pm 36 hours from last dose: 4mg of Suboxone. 4-6 Imodium if stomach is hurting (Imodium is so clutch) 30 minute warm shower ( take a shit ton of showers in the first week. i take 3-5 a day when im detoxing. It helps the muscles and makes you feel better and passes the time) 6pm anxiety is really kicking 2mg of ativan...15 minutes later Im thinking about ice cream and petting my cats..gf shows up from work in a good mood and makes me feel better. 30 min shower (everyday)

Hour 48: 2am 1-2 mg suboxone. 1mg ativan. Yea..you're thinking of contacting your dealer because this fucking sucks. Oh well..cave if you want. You HAVE to be 100 committed to this. Lets go. 30 min shower detox boy!

Hour 51: 5am 10mg of ambien...Zzzzzzzzz

Day 3ish: 3pm: The more sleep you can get the better. I cant tell you how much it helps. Also my diet this whole time is a shit load of water and Gatorade. Breads...Sandwiches...and whatever my GF will kindly make. And taking a ton of shits 30 min shower after worst shits.

Hour 63: 5pm 4mg Sub. 2mg ativan. This is usually the worst freaking day so be prepared to have Ativan. 30 minute warm shower (5 showers this day) Sandwich. 3 cups of gatorade. 4mg Imodium. 3 hour nap. shower 30min

Hour 69: 11pm HEY-0!!! 30min shower, 1mg Ativan Im feeling normal and happy. Writing about sports..shooting the shit with friends on text. Looking up funny videos with my GF. playing with the cats. (ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR MIND OCCUPIED AND 30 min shower

Hour 74: 4am 20mg Ambien.... zzzzZZzzzz (sometimes if you wake up and are freaking out. Either take a tiny piece .5mg-1mg of sub or take 1mg ativan and go back to sleep)

Day 4ish: Hey, you made it longer than Kurt Kobain, Kid (RIP).
Hour 86: 4pm Yea I wake up late sometimes...sue me. 1.5mg of Sub (time to start tapering if you can) 32 oz gator 30 min shower

Hour 90: 8pm 2mg ativan. eat (Forced) . shower. jack off (seriously..it helps me).

Hour 92: 10pm Long walk with my GF. Any motion helps and helps your body fight the poison. 32oz gatorade

Hour 94: Midnight 1mg Sub. 1mg ativan. Snack. 30 min shower

Hour 97: 3am 10mg ambien. 32 oz gatorade 30 min shower

Day 5ish: Hour 108 2pm: .5mg sub. .5mg ativan. lunch. 32oz water/gatorade 30min shower

Hour 112: Where the players dwell!!! 6pm Dinner with gf. First day i leave the house...head to a decent pizza place. Finally things feel back to normal-ish.

Hour 116: 10pm .5mg ativan .5mg sub. snack. 32 gatorade. 30min shower

Hour 120: 2am 20 mg ambien (not sleepy at all. if so I take 2) Usually takes me anywere from 30 mins -2 hours to fall asleep FYI

Day 6ish: Hour 130: Noon One more day player...one more day. Are you proud of me for waking up before 2pm? My cats are. 30min shower. 32 gatorade

Hour 136: 6pm .25 Sub ( really try to taper. Im sure you can do a better job than me. ) 32 gatorade

Hour 140 : 10 pm .5mg ativan. Dinner. Walk with GF. 30 min shower. 32 gatorade

Hour 142: Midnight .5mg ativan (u can feel ur bones hurt a bit when stopping subs) Icy hot my back and legs.

Hour 143: 3am 10mg Ambien 32 gatorade

Day FUCKING 7: Hour 155 3pm: I slept in cuz I fucking deserved it alright! Do the Cha Cha. Fuck your Girl (or guy) FUck youR Furry. Fuck the mailman. Fuck yourself! Fuck anyone but your dealer but that impossible because you deleted his number ...right ? RIGHT!?!??! Seriously This day and the next 23 are the easiest to forget the mini hell that you just went through and hop back on the opiate train. Please dont. Im a hypocrite tho...I also have daily pain that sucks...not saying im better than you though. We are all the same. You 100% cannot stop until you're ready...have a gameplan..stick to it. Be happy. If that requires a therapist then do it. Its not gonna be all cherry and puppies. You short circuted your brain into months or years of happiness and fun and euphoria...it's gonna balance itself out. I dont think subs are amazing for long term as I do see them as another opiate (opiod) but thats me. If you cant kick h or smoking hella blues...by all means PLEASE go on a year or however long Suboxone maintenance. Please search your areas for a sub doctor. Not any doctor can prescribe Suboxone. oh yea..30 min shower and 32 oz gatorade motherfuckers.

Hour 160: 8pm .25sub (last sub) 30 min shower. 2mg Ativan. Dinner GF decided to treat me to a home cooked meal. Do shit like this to reward yourself and dont beat yourself up. Shit happens to the best of us. The smartest people in the world. The prettiest. The most athletic. Doctors. It's ok...life fucking sucks sometimes. Just pick yourself back up and play with cats. Seriously get a damn cat please.

Hour 164: Midnight 1mg ativan 32 oz gatorarde 30 min shower. Icy hot all over my damn body.

Hour 167: I love you all...you've done it . 20mg ambien sleep well, young thugs. It's been real.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now. If you're not able to get any of these or just a mix of these. Whatever you can get it....have a game plan. Say you only can get 4 xanax and 1 sub. Spread those over 5 days. U have to. You can do it. I honestly could do a detox now with 7 ambien 1 sub and a few ativan. But I like to do it comfortable . Sleep is key. Game planning is MAJOR KEY ALERT. Having a safe and warm not choatic house to detox at. Access to bathroom shower/tub kitchen. you're own bed. Im very thankful to have all of that. Please prepare for this. Ask for help. iF you have no friends or family walk into the ER room until they force somewhere to take you. You're gonna get through this . Try not to clock watch. Try not to think about using. Its impossible but at least fight it. You're at war here. Fuck those things. FUck your pos dealer that upcharges through the roof and scoffs at helping you when you're hurting. Fuck the dealer who dont front. FUCK THESE THINGS FOR HELPING AND HURTING ME! I love cats.

Now if you cant get ANYYYYY of these medications. Here is what I did...at your caution.

I've in one sitting taken 30 2mg immodium pills. ANd it helped. I did a ton of research on it. I was desperate. And dare I say it pretty much made me feel normal. Obviously dont do this for more than 4-5 days in a row but Imodium IS a OPIOTE...just a OTC. Just like meth heads did with sudafed ...some guy who coudnt get a hold of his perk30 dealer started popping Imodium until he felt something. It's a dirty high though...so dont do it recerationaly. Seriously. You can skip your heart...cause vision issues. Any longer abuse of it. But in short term Yes 20-60mg is safe. People say it doesnt cross the blood brain barrier to become a true opiate which is kinda true..l just know when i took 20+ of them detoxing i felt like i was on a small dose of norcos. It does block up ur shitting for 48 hours so dont do this long term.

So no medication

LAZY POS FAKE JAKE PAIN PILL DETOX PLAN WITHOUT PRESCRIBED MEDS

Day 1-5 (THIS IS FOR THE OPIATE EXPERIENCED ONLY) 20-40mg of imodium daily (skip day 4..dont ever take these things longer than 3 days at time. DO research. This what worked for me ) 10mg of melatonin at night for sleep. Bendaryl for anxiety. ICY HOT Yes this whole plan sucks but it's 50% better than nothing I promise.

I'll be checking back for anyone that needs help or questions. I might not have been exactly precise but this is almost to the T of what I do every time. (i'm on day 2)

Love you all. Please be safe. Please have a gameplan. Having a gameplan is 80% of the battle.

Peace and Love

-Not Jake from State Farm

Last edited:
Hey Not Jake, welcome to Bluelight! ;)

Nah, nobody here cares that much about grammar and spelling, you're cool :)

Thanks for writing up your detox experiences/plans and sharing man. I'm going to move your thread straight over to Sober Living as that's where it will fit right at home. You should check out that forum, tons of interesting stories in there.

How are you feeling at the moment?

Best,
CFC

Hey Not Jake from State Farm!

Thanks for typing out and sharing this. It will be a source of comfort and insight to others. I know these tricks- as a long time opiate user/abuser. But it is always comforting to get encouragement from someone that gets it.

This will be a great help to someone new to the opiate shit-storm.

How are you feeling Not Jake? Hope you're well.
Thanks again for this post. <3

Hey Not Jake from State Farm!

Thanks for typing out and sharing this. It will be a source of comfort and insight to others. I know these tricks- as a long time opiate user/abuser. But it is always comforting to get encouragement from someone that gets it.

This will be a great help to someone new to the opiate shit-storm.

How are you feeling Not Jake? Hope you're well.
Thanks again for this post.

Hey Trying-

Get right back up. It was a "slip" It can stay that way. <3

Thanks for this thread ! Love your writing style sounded like a friend talking ! Im trying to get off small amount of OC only have .5 mg Xanax ( about 10 of them) and I bought this calm support supplement . Been trying to taper to get ready for this so thanks for the tips .