• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy Detox.. dying, help!

Thank you Jekyl for this post reply also, i'm going to look up some of the other medicines mentioned above, if any are over the counter or attainable. and the forums as well. That's horrible about the VA, i had no idea.

First let me say taking massive doses of Benzodiazepines is not safe and will leave a rebound for anyone without a massive habit to begin with. Please don't try anything like that no matter how hard it is.

Hi Nightbird, unfortunately none of the meds listed above are available over the counter in the states but that might not be the case in the UK or elsewhere. Gabapentin, Lyrica and Clonidine are the more effective of the bunch but Hydroxine & Cyclobenzaprine do have their place in a W/D arsenal. Promethazine or Hydroxine should be used, but together might be unpleasant. I would choose the Hydroxine if I had to choose.

The threads listed in my first post have some good advice and experiences that might be of value to you. While using other opioids (kratom) to get off of opioids can be problematic in some cases, if the W/D is severe enough, it might be warranted.
(double posting links for convenience )

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/493024-Utilising-Kratom-for-Opiate-Withdrawal

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/569872-The-Opioid-Withdrawal-Megathread-and-FAQ

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/32895-*MERGED*-Guide-to-narcotic-withdrawal

Hydroxyine certainly.

Jekly, why you hating on diphenhydramine? Most of the classical antihistamines do the same thing. Promethazine is a powerful anticholingergic

Seriously though, hydroxyzine, personally get so nauseous that have to take an antihistamine, and being non-anticholniergic and producing Zyrtec long lasting metabolite and having practically no side effects. Of course it isn't otc, that would make far to much sense.

Everything everybody said, and wish well stranger

Nightbird! I'm so glad you chimed in! Isn't it 10 million times harder when you're a mom? How old is your child? Mine is only 3 so he depends on me for every single thing and I feel awful. I've been "sick/hurt/sad" mommy for over two weeks now. I took the hydroxyzine pam last night and I slept like a baby. Praise God. That's good you have Xanax! I'm not going to hit up my old dealer for any because.... well, you know. I really need some immodium, but I'm trying to hold out on that too after what I read. Let's keep in touch!

I am mentally stronger today. Body sucks still. I do feel like I'm sick or becoming anemic too nightbird which is why I was contemplating going to the doctor. My body is SHOT but we can do this. We have to. It's so weird being sober. I have to learn to cope with life again without pills. Everything just looks brighter and different and weirder. I don't like it haha but I guess it's just an adjustment.

Thank you all for chiming in! Is immodium really going to potentially set me back? Even just one pill? Girl needs some immodium ? I'm trying to hold out on everything else except the hydroxyzine to sleep because there's no chance in hell I can sleep without it.

NO, a small amount of Immodium (loperamide) won't set you back. 4-8mg is fine, just not 40-80mg, that will set you back if not kill you eventually. Good to hear you're getting a little sleep, that's a good sign after a deluge of hell.

Thanks Jekyl! I am feeling better today. Not great but better so that's a start. Deluge of hell is right! I know WDs are terrible, I've had them many times but it still seems to kick my ass each time.

Hey Blueeyes! :) I'm so sorry too have not checked in with you sooner, its almost 2 weeks later and i'm wondering how you are doing? Yes pretty much life in general is harder as a single mom, but prolly would have been worse with a bad partner we obviously both have out of our lives for reasons. How is your little son? My daughter is 16, she has been an amazing help, letting me sleep off and on for like 10 days, just taking my regular beta-blockers, anxiety meds and feeling worn out, making me soup and stuff. I'm very thankful for her caring nature and understanding through this, and i have thought of you and sent prayers/juju/mojo...lol. the sun and outdoors bothered me when i tried to go out, and the sickness has subsided alot, how about you? i thought i would die as well.

I DO still firmly agree yes our bodies and immune systems are shot, and there may be other illnesses at play, so im promising myself to schedule some doctor appointments as of monday for some sort of other pain mamnagement and well checks, im sooo glad i didnt give in and go to the ER. for me being in my 40's, i think perimenopause could be attributing to the lethargy and hot flashes now, as you stated not for the weak to read lol...but yes having out cycle during omg!!! i sympathize!! somehow i stopped taking bc this month too and havn't gotten it, last month was hell on it and i heard rumors that the oxy was thinning my blood to make it worse. how are you feeling overall now? have you gone out?

well im about to check in on my other posting, i feel like im texting not used to forums, its been so long..., but all i kept in my head from here and binging netflix, lol... a realy good show on regular TV was "Drugs, Inc."- they did a series on different cities and one whole episode on my own, hearing about 120,000 od's in 2017, and seeing the areas i used to go, girls i knew my age and younger who no longer were able to see their children, this scared me from obtaining any relief, i got really upset thinking about how many people i know gone, and how i cant leave my kid, im sure you know what i mean. sorry to rant, im just alone this afternoon so kinda sucks. ttys :) hearts!

Imodium, ibuproferen, gabapentin, clonidine, bengay, muscle relaxers (NOT benzos- that will cause a whole other issue) and super hot Epsom salt baths. I have used this combo every month for the past four years because i always run out of my morphine and hydro scripts early, and it gets me through every time, and that's with using 200 mgs or more every day. It still sucks, but makes it as bearable as you can get.

I had a major injury. I was up to 10 Roxie?s at once and quit cold turkey. 2 weeks of hot flashes sweats and shitting.

I recommend talking to ur doctor if u can take it for a couple more days cause u can get a script for burepinephrine, trileptal (lifesaver btw), and just shit you might really need for this. Just don't be afraid to check in b/c opiate withdrawal can be hell

Blueeyes, please accept my apology for engaging you and then disappearing. It can be difficult to keep everything together given the volume of what we do here, but enough excuses.

These walk-in clinics that you are describing are the perfect setting for such an endeavor. What is the best thing to say when you go into the walk-in clinic? The absolute truth. You are withdrawing from Opioids. You are trying to do the right thing, but you need help doing it. Empower the doctor. Make them feel like superman. They are solving the Opioid crisis by helping you ;). I've played this racket myself in the past with great success. Lying will get you bullshit unless you are a professional, nearly psychopathic manipulator like myself.

Please refer to some of our other, similar threads for specific information regarding medications, but if you want my opinion specifically, in order of significance.

Gabapentin (Neurontin) - This is what you want. Completely. Restless Legs/Akathisia, Motivation, Ambition, Sleep

Clonidine - Sleep, Hot/Cold Flashes, Sweating, Physical symptoms of Anxiety

Ondansetron (Zofran) - standard anti-emesis

Cannabis - You don't get this from a doctor. Find some and use it if it doesn't produce anxiety for you. It can stimulate your appetite and allow you to keep both food and fluids down directly after smoking.

I hope this helps. My mailbox is always open and I am accepting new withdrawal patients into my "case load" as it were. My 13% success rate is the best and most honest in the industry ;).

Last edited:
Haha Keif! No worries, I get it! You guys are awesome. I'm happy to say it's been 2 weeks, maybe a day or two shy since I've had any Oxy. The worst of the symptoms are gone. Right now it's just the anxiety, no motivation and LETHARGY. I finally started working out again so I'm hoping that helps. Still need to take sleep meds even though I'm wore out. Weed helps but I've been applying for a new job and need to stop the weed for any drug tests I'll have to pass. I'm happy to have that monkey off my back but it is an adjustment. I felt ontop of the world on Oxy and the real world isn't so exciting being sober but I guess I have to grow up sometime haha glad to hear you're feeling better Nightbird! I've been thinking of you too. Luckily my son's father really picked up the slack. His girlfriend doesn't work so they kept my son most of last week because I had "the flu" ? I'm also excited I'm finally a blue lighter on here!! Whoop. Thank you guys again xo

Haha Keif! No worries, I get it! You guys are awesome. I'm happy to say it's been 2 weeks, maybe a day or two shy since I've had any Oxy. The worst of the symptoms are gone. Right now it's just the anxiety, no motivation and LETHARGY. I finally started working out again so I'm hoping that helps. Still need to take sleep meds even though I'm wore out. Weed helps but I've been applying for a new job and need to stop the weed for any drug tests I'll have to pass. I'm happy to have that monkey off my back but it is an adjustment. I felt ontop of the world on Oxy and the real world isn't so exciting being sober but I guess I have to grow up sometime haha glad to hear you're feeling better Nightbird! I've been thinking of you too. Luckily my son's father really picked up the slack. His girlfriend doesn't work so they kept my son most of last week because I had "the flu"  I'm also excited I'm finally a blue lighter on here!! Whoop. Thank you guys again xo

Congratulations! At 2 weeks without opioids, you've accomplished something that many people in your position have not been able to.

You've gone farther than I was able to in countless attempts, with the exception of one very successful time. All other attempts I made it to 3 days max. (excluding the FINAL attempt, most recently, which was really the beginning of buprenorphine treatment)

You've experienced one of the hardest things you will ever go through in your life, and you made it through. That is something to be proud of. You've accomplished something with a difficulty level that most will never be able to comprehend. Those of us on these forums know how difficult it is to do what you just did, but a large portion of the population, and people you know, will never understand what you just went through. Again, be proud.

Be proud, and be cautious. These last 2 weeks are something you should remember, and think back on them when you are tempted to take opioids again. And that temptation will come. I promise you that.

Congratulations! Your life will improve in ways you never thought possible a month ago. Enjoy it.

Congratulations! At 2 weeks without opioids, you've accomplished something that many people in your position have not been able to.

You've gone farther than I was able to in countless attempts, with the exception of one very successful time. All other attempts I made it to 3 days max. (excluding the FINAL attempt, most recently, which was really the beginning of buprenorphine treatment)

You've experienced one of the hardest things you will ever go through in your life, and you made it through. That is something to be proud of. You've accomplished something with a difficulty level that most will never be able to comprehend. Those of us on these forums know how difficult it is to do what you just did, but a large portion of the population, and people you know, will never understand what you just went through. Again, be proud.

Be proud, and be cautious. These last 2 weeks are something you should remember, and think back on them when you are tempted to take opioids again. And that temptation will come. I promise you that.

Congratulations! Your life will improve in ways you never thought possible a month ago. Enjoy it.

Shartito, you literally made me cry! A good cry. My boyfriend has helped me a lot throughout this process but it is hard for him to understand just how HARD this process is and since I did it behind his back, were working on him trusting me again. And it's hard I've done everything right and still getting questioned or the cold shoulder when he suspects anything. That makes me want to use again but I get why he feels that way. It's just all so hard and sometimes I wonder if being sober is really worth it. But I am proud! Getting back to normal takes time and I just want to feel normal again

Shartito, you literally made me cry! A good cry. My boyfriend has helped me a lot throughout this process but it is hard for him to understand just how HARD this process is and since I did it behind his back, were working on him trusting me again. And it's hard I've done everything right and still getting questioned or the cold shoulder when he suspects anything. That makes me want to use again but I get why he feels that way. It's just all so hard and sometimes I wonder if being sober is really worth it. But I am proud! Getting back to normal takes time and I just want to feel normal again

It's worth it. Sobriety is worth it.

One of the most insidious characteristics of drugs, opioids in particular, is their ability to convince you that sobriety is not worth it. That your life needs opioids in it, and that it will all be okay this time because it's going to be different. You'll be more disciplined this time, you won't let it get out of control this time, etc...

That's what I'm currently going through myself. Ugh.

Blueeyes, hey!! i know its been a minute, wanted to see how your job interview went- was hoping the best for you, and glad you are on good terms like that with your ex's gf to have her watch your son!!! blessings to you both!!! i need to get back to working out as well. ive let my place go thru jan. & some of feb. so theres like alot of paperwork and projects i have to catch up on and just no will to do it all or feeling overwhelmed. i miss the energy alot but i look at pics of old places of mine like i did that all that organzing and decorating so i can again, but alot of self care right now feels important. that was a really hard month and even tho i never met any of you, its like when i used to bond with people at detox facilities in the 90's, but now when detoxing on the internet, lol...i felt drawn to your post and many who have posted here thru that emotional time what a great sense of community!!! its hard to find when in that much pain!! i literally had googled "support for oxy detox" and got this site and htis thread amidst a bunch of advertisments and articles for long term facilities, like no way we cant be doing that with our children, so congrats to us for sure for making it thru even if its just for now, we can be happy for that. (me trying to see the positive thru pain lol) :)

sharito- i just want to say thats a really beautiful encouraging post, it made me tear up!!! great to hear you share those words of care and self experience!

blueeyes- i cried too reading sharito's post to you!!!! awww thanks for posting that sharito!

best of love and light sent to you all!! we r all in the same boat waiting for life to just be ok and have the energy, tools, stength to handle what is thrown at us. im glad to read about all of your suggestions, struggles and accomplishments, just knowing im not alone in my head or body with it helps :)