• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I owe yall my life and i want to contribute now that i found myself.

Robotfamilystevens

Greenlighter
Hello yall, call me Robot Stevenson, as everyone else does.

i am not necessarily new to bluelight. I just never made an account because i am usually an information seeker rather than provider because i felt over the years I did not know enough to have any sort of input.

After the years of my terrible spiral into heroin and crack addiction however, living in the worst parts of Detroit and doing many scummy things... finally being clean for 2 years now almost, i feel as if i have found a few opportunities to help and if i can help someone be safer, or help guide them on the right path that is all i want. I wish nobody to go down the path i went down, it will haunt me for life..

I am not into AA/NA however I am not against it. It just doesn't work for me, i take the vivitrol shot and it changed my life hopefully forever and i have grown so much since then.

I still frequent this site though because many of these topics intrigue me and also I wonder about my past habits and see how lucky I really was..

Im very glad to finally be a part of this site, and through my experience i hope I can help others by sharing my stories and knowledge i gained on that journey.

Thank you all for accepting me and helping me through the years
I owe many of you a lot i wish i could give back more because i would be dead many times had this site not existed.

Much Love
<3Robot Stevenson <3

Hey Robot, great story! Welcome to Bluelight :)

Well done on reaching 2 years clean, that's a pretty impressive milestone right? I'm sure the folks over in Sober Living would be very grateful for your input there whenever you fancy. You may also see some threads in The Dark Side that appeal.

Either way, I hope to see you posting around and catch up with you soon.

Cheers!
CFC

Welcome :)

CFC pretty said it all.. lol

I look forward to seeing your posts :D

Congrats.<3
Im new here, i can totally empathize and relate. I would love to know how you hot through it. I am a recovering crack, cocaine, and meth addict and i lost everything. Im 4 months clean taking gabapentin for nerve damage, and sometimes i wonder WHY im still clean

Welcome robot. Your story sounds a bit like mine. Knowledge craver, I lurked for a long time before signing up. Congrats on 2 years clean that is a huge accomplishment. See you around bluelight

Welcome to Bluelight. Sounds like you have a lot worth sharing, especially in the Recovery forums.<3

Hey Robot!

It?s great to hear you?ve switched from defense to offense and are clean for 2 years. From all I know about addiction (it would fill volumes), time starts ?feeling? normal again as more time and distance get between you and your past. I can personally attest to that one! You certainly don?t want to erase the bad things that brought you pain, as those memories are part of what keep your recovery ?honest? and positive. However, (as I?m sure you?ve learned in your journey), the ability to set aside that heavy baggage (compartmentalize that brain!) and focus on creating and shaping future goals is vital for continued personal growth and success on your chosen path (as opposed to the path chosen FOR you by addiction).

I have a very rigid rule: whenever I meet or exceed 3 sets of parentheses in one sentence, it?s time to stop preaching and shut the fuck up.

That said, welcome from another newbie and I wish you continued success with your recovery!

Cheers!

David S.