• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 30 Days off all drugs. Suggestions if it is worth restarting Dextroamphetamine.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
My brain came back to normal, but I still cannot speak fluently off of Dextro amphetamine. But am I biased? Do I believe to use my tongue must have it used for Reward center activation or I cannot use it at all unless it is to Troll.

You can speak freely here, Ms. Bandit. Unless it violates the rules.

Congratulations on your sobriety. I recommend you maintain it and absolutely do not relapse with amphetamine. I'm sure by now you've noticed improvements in some parts of your life, even if your mood has not quite recovered. That will get better soon too.

Yea, there's an adjustment period of sorts. You might actually be fine and dandy, but the skewed sensory deprivation of a month long comedown after what's essentially a neurochemical overload of sorts, can do a number on one's habits and socializing. In a nutshell it's just a tremendous mind fuck, and while eating more amphetamine could get you back to square one in a good way, there's a point in time which this will no longer work how you want it and the side effects will be much worse so it's good to just nip it in the bud now even if it's uncomfortable. Funnily enough, the same can be said of benzos, alcohol etc... I think the only class of drugs which doesn't do this (ime) is opiates. But then again we all have our addictions so whether someone can be classified as an "alcoholic", as an addict, as a tweaker, junkie, pill head etc etc... Ppl use for different reasons, perhaps I might be especially bad because at one point or another I could say I was all of the above... literally a human garbage disposal. Health problems come sooner rather than later, and you might not notice 'em until months and months after you've quit due to the way (at least for me) our bodies tend to readjust over time... I started getting horrible back pain at one point and ongoing liver issues due to self medicating with amphetamine and alcohol (what started with responsible use eventually turned into something to get through the day). There's only so many days your body can go on 1 meal a day or snacks throughout the day, disturbed sleep rather than 2-3 meals with exercise before your body starts to stop functioning without the drug to keep it going. So in a way those secondary effects wear one down much much more than the neurotoxicity.

Could it be you just speak more fluently on amphetamines? Maybe you have adhd.

I used to speak quite fluently on m Amps, for 7 hours straight. Is it a moderate impairment like a stutter or long pauses ?

If you've made it this far man, then id just stay sober to be honest. but i believe any drug is just like a form of recreation, some go to the bar, some gamble, some do this or that, and some do drugs. Id try to find a hobby that doesnt invole drugs, but if thats your choice of R&R just try not to get back into the routine of taking them so often

Dont go back to amphetamines but u can try low dose of modafinil or armodafinil. It will not make you high but u will feel slightly better, more energetic, better mood and also your cognitive and speaking abilities will improve.

If you've made it this far man, then id just stay sober to be honest. but i believe any drug is just like a form of recreation, some go to the bar, some gamble, some do this or that, and some do drugs. Id try to find a hobby that doesnt invole drugs, but if thats your choice of R&R just try not to get back into the routine of taking them so often
That's such a good way to put it. Many people feel trapped the same way by a shopping addiction, as they do to drug addiction. Same with something like an addiction to self-mutilation, on the other end of the spectrum in terms of how much physical harm it might do. There's people with spending/gambling addictions that just do just as much harm to their bodies whether thru undernourishment at the expense of spending that money on unnecessary material posessions, destroyed trust/relationships etc etc etc.. the examples go on.

Addiction issues run so rampant in our society that when the mainstream corralls against something like drug addiction, making it so taboo, when in fact to a drug addict their doc makes them feel better and more complete just like a shopping addict may feel (not that shopping addictions aren't taboo as well). It's easy to discriminate between addictions but for the same reason that some opiate users talk down on other addictive doc's and vice versa.. it's like we're all just innately trying to fit into some absurd/entirely subjective definition of society when we should be healing.

OP give that shit a break. You know, if you have to ask on a forum if you've had enough, then you've had enough.. just saying.

I Agree with Scrofula, Amps are something IMHO if you made it 30 days why would you FUCK ALL THAT UP, If you are going to suffer make it only once don't Suffer for a few weeks then use again then quit and suffer again then use again then..... Yea CONGRATULATIONS on your sobriety btw I wish I could say I was 30 days clean but I still have way to much ICE ICE BABY ... oh what was I saying, sorry I get distracted easy

----BEAST----

I Like Stutter but its because ill think of a word , And as I decide that it would sound Stupid as fuck to say I say it but at the same time I think of the right word to use and Say it in the Middle of saying the stupid word and it just turns into one big fuck up and me tripping over my own tongue.

----BEAST----

---B3AST----

B3ast is gonna build a fort in his lumberyard if he hasn't already, a Tweaker Tower with forklift-mounted sentries to defend his 21g Crystal of Purity. I've seen it.

Would you say then that a Stutter is some kind of extreme self-consciousness? I have trouble walking sometimes the way you describe speaking. Consciously aware of every muscle, move the wrong ones at the same time.

I love how no matter how much bandit makes long, drawn out, TROLLING tweaker posts, she'll never be banned.

Y'all n****s are crazy.

She hasn't made one yet, since I stole control of the mute button*.

It's safe bandit, I know you're less talkative without stims, but we won't derail it further if you want to comment, even in a long-winded way. Psychedelic Nation made a challenge.

(*Controlled by committee, not applicable for long, drawn out, non-rule breaking tweaker posts)

She did have a question related to her drug use, and pharmacology, and her unique neurochemistry and genetics. That went on for 200 posts.

Personally I think I won that one, as she got bored first.

---B3AST----

B3ast is gonna build a fort in his lumberyard if he hasn't already, a Tweaker Tower with forklift-mounted sentries to defend his 21g Crystal of Purity. I've seen it.

Would you say then that a Stutter is some kind of extreme self-consciousness? I have trouble walking sometimes the way you describe speaking. Consciously aware of every muscle, move the wrong ones at the same time.

is this what you had in mind? :)
kwqYUG
https://ibb.co/kwqYUG
and YES that is EXACTLY what im talking about

I agree sometimes, didn't mean to scold. Some are more entertaining (to me) than others, though, I guess. Sort of.

B3east said:
is this what you had in mind? :)
kwqYUG

B3east, what did you do to your living room? You haven't stripped the wires out of the walls yet, I guess there's hope still.

Lol where are all the copper coils, wire, and catalytic converters . And don't forget the hundreds of empty psuedophed boxes. Scrof I don't think he's yet reached enlightenment.

Last edited: