Bluelight

Thread: 30 Days off all drugs. Suggestions if it is worth restarting Dextroamphetamine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    30 Days off all drugs. Suggestions if it is worth restarting Dextroamphetamine. 
    My brain came back to normal, but I still cannot speak fluently off of Dextro amphetamine. But am I biased? Do I believe to use my tongue must have it used for Reward center activation or I cannot use it at all unless it is to Troll.

2. Collapse Details

You can speak freely here, Ms. Bandit. Unless it violates the rules.

Congratulations on your sobriety. I recommend you maintain it and absolutely do not relapse with amphetamine. I'm sure by now you've noticed improvements in some parts of your life, even if your mood has not quite recovered. That will get better soon too.

3. Collapse Details

Yea, there's an adjustment period of sorts. You might actually be fine and dandy, but the skewed sensory deprivation of a month long comedown after what's essentially a neurochemical overload of sorts, can do a number on one's habits and socializing. In a nutshell it's just a tremendous mind fuck, and while eating more amphetamine could get you back to square one in a good way, there's a point in time which this will no longer work how you want it and the side effects will be much worse so it's good to just nip it in the bud now even if it's uncomfortable. Funnily enough, the same can be said of benzos, alcohol etc... I think the only class of drugs which doesn't do this (ime) is opiates. But then again we all have our addictions so whether someone can be classified as an "alcoholic", as an addict, as a tweaker, junkie, pill head etc etc... Ppl use for different reasons, perhaps I might be especially bad because at one point or another I could say I was all of the above... literally a human garbage disposal. Health problems come sooner rather than later, and you might not notice 'em until months and months after you've quit due to the way (at least for me) our bodies tend to readjust over time... I started getting horrible back pain at one point and ongoing liver issues due to self medicating with amphetamine and alcohol (what started with responsible use eventually turned into something to get through the day). There's only so many days your body can go on 1 meal a day or snacks throughout the day, disturbed sleep rather than 2-3 meals with exercise before your body starts to stop functioning without the drug to keep it going. So in a way those secondary effects wear one down much much more than the neurotoxicity.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Mmmm drugs are bad mmokay

5. Collapse Details

Could it be you just speak more fluently on amphetamines? Maybe you have adhd.

6. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    I used to speak quite fluently on m Amps, for 7 hours straight. Is it a moderate impairment like a stutter or long pauses ?

7. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    If you've made it this far man, then id just stay sober to be honest. but i believe any drug is just like a form of recreation, some go to the bar, some gamble, some do this or that, and some do drugs. Id try to find a hobby that doesnt invole drugs, but if thats your choice of R&R just try not to get back into the routine of taking them so often

8. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Dont go back to amphetamines but u can try low dose of modafinil or armodafinil. It will not make you high but u will feel slightly better, more energetic, better mood and also your cognitive and speaking abilities will improve.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoSinco View Post
    If you've made it this far man, then id just stay sober to be honest. but i believe any drug is just like a form of recreation, some go to the bar, some gamble, some do this or that, and some do drugs. Id try to find a hobby that doesnt invole drugs, but if thats your choice of R&R just try not to get back into the routine of taking them so often
    That's such a good way to put it. Many people feel trapped the same way by a shopping addiction, as they do to drug addiction. Same with something like an addiction to self-mutilation, on the other end of the spectrum in terms of how much physical harm it might do. There's people with spending/gambling addictions that just do just as much harm to their bodies whether thru undernourishment at the expense of spending that money on unnecessary material posessions, destroyed trust/relationships etc etc etc.. the examples go on.

Addiction issues run so rampant in our society that when the mainstream corralls against something like drug addiction, making it so taboo, when in fact to a drug addict their doc makes them feel better and more complete just like a shopping addict may feel (not that shopping addictions aren't taboo as well). It's easy to discriminate between addictions but for the same reason that some opiate users talk down on other addictive doc's and vice versa.. it's like we're all just innately trying to fit into some absurd/entirely subjective definition of society when we should be healing.

OP give that shit a break. You know, if you have to ask on a forum if you've had enough, then you've had enough.. just saying.

10. Collapse Details

I Agree with Scrofula, Amps are something IMHO if you made it 30 days why would you FUCK ALL THAT UP, If you are going to suffer make it only once don't Suffer for a few weeks then use again then quit and suffer again then use again then..... Yea CONGRATULATIONS on your sobriety btw I wish I could say I was 30 days clean but I still have way to much ICE ICE BABY ... oh what was I saying, sorry I get distracted easy

----BEAST----

11. Collapse Details

I Like Stutter but its because ill think of a word , And as I decide that it would sound Stupid as fuck to say I say it but at the same time I think of the right word to use and Say it in the Middle of saying the stupid word and it just turns into one big fuck up and me tripping over my own tongue.

----BEAST----

12. Collapse Details

---B3AST----

B3ast is gonna build a fort in his lumberyard if he hasn't already, a Tweaker Tower with forklift-mounted sentries to defend his 21g Crystal of Purity. I've seen it.

Would you say then that a Stutter is some kind of extreme self-consciousness? I have trouble walking sometimes the way you describe speaking. Consciously aware of every muscle, move the wrong ones at the same time.

13. Collapse Details

With a little sweet and simple numbing me
    I love how no matter how much bandit makes long, drawn out, TROLLING tweaker posts, she'll never be banned.

Y'all n****s are crazy.

14. Collapse Details

She hasn't made one yet, since I stole control of the mute button*.

It's safe bandit, I know you're less talkative without stims, but we won't derail it further if you want to comment, even in a long-winded way. Psychedelic Nation made a challenge.

(*Controlled by committee, not applicable for long, drawn out, non-rule breaking tweaker posts)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedalienation View Post
    I love how no matter how much bandit makes long, drawn out, TROLLING tweaker posts, she'll never be banned.

Y'all n****s are crazy.
    Drug users and their habits are at least slightly related to this website.

16. Collapse Details

She did have a question related to her drug use, and pharmacology, and her unique neurochemistry and genetics. That went on for 200 posts.

Personally I think I won that one, as she got bored first.

17. Collapse Details

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post
    ---B3AST----

B3ast is gonna build a fort in his lumberyard if he hasn't already, a Tweaker Tower with forklift-mounted sentries to defend his 21g Crystal of Purity. I've seen it.

Would you say then that a Stutter is some kind of extreme self-consciousness? I have trouble walking sometimes the way you describe speaking. Consciously aware of every muscle, move the wrong ones at the same time.
    is this what you had in mind? https://ibb.co/kwqYUG
    and YES that is EXACTLY what im talking about

18. Collapse Details

With a little sweet and simple numbing me
    Just get a strong Stuffmonger vibe. Apologies.

19. Collapse Details

I agree sometimes, didn't mean to scold. Some are more entertaining (to me) than others, though, I guess. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by B3east
    is this what you had in mind?
    B3east, what did you do to your living room? You haven't stripped the wires out of the walls yet, I guess there's hope still.

20. Collapse Details

Lol where are all the copper coils, wire, and catalytic converters . And don't forget the hundreds of empty psuedophed boxes. Scrof I don't think he's yet reached enlightenment.
    Last edited by bptubbs; 20-01-2018 at 02:42.

21. Collapse Details

Bicycles. I don't see a single bicycle, much less the parts for a hundred.

22. Collapse Details

Novelty items from gas stations, empty bottles of butane, records from 10 years ago, none of it. I think he needs help, the kind only the magic crystals can provide.

23. Collapse Details

Tough descision. I have taken a Sobriety break from Dextroamphetamine after abusing it as well and I also felt like my brain had recovered yet was missing something still. I was not strong enough to stay off of it, I made the choice to use again and its been back to the way it used to be. I gradually lost control of my use again. Not to say that everyone is this way but your safest and therefore best option in the long run is sobriety. I wish i never started in the first place, and i wish i stayed sober when i had gotten sober. Feeling like you cant talk is a small price to pay for the success and happiness and all of the good things that will come to you from sobriety.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scrofula View Post
    B3east, what did you do to your living room? You haven't stripped the wires out of the walls yet, I guess there's hope still.
    Well you see my house is rather old and the landlord is too cheap to Actually insulate it, So I've erected that wall It cuts my living room in half, On the other side, is My desk, Office table and an Excessive amount of "Tools of Our Trade" you could say. It stays heated, The rest of the house is COLD as FUCK, Actually surprises me how well that OxyFoam insulates
    ----BEAST----

25. Collapse Details

What doses have you been on ? Daily use ? You should minimize the usage to 1-2 times a week and solely use it functionally. Then you should be fine. But I would maybe wait another month (until you fully "recovered" from the monoamine depletion ... recovery should only take a few weeks concerning dopamine but if you abused it for a long time, maybe other damage is done, I would just wait it out).

Or did you try mild supplements like Rhodiola rosea, an adaptogen, that has mainly physical effects, i.e. regulating heart beat, but also acts as a mild mental stimulant. Mucuna pruriens might also help to elevate dopamine levels in a not so invasive way, if your problems persist.
    Last edited by Ziiirp; 20-01-2018 at 22:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast