• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Insomnia following short bupe detox

ElleAZ

Bluelighter
I cannot go on much longer. I have been unable to sleep for more than two hours in weeks. I broke down today and took 100mg trazodone and now feel fuzzy but awake. My heart is racing 102bpm. I have tried melatonin and magnesium and Advil PM. Room is cool and dark. I can barely move. Last week I hit a curb. I can't drive now.

Any advice?

Have you tried any other sedating antidepressants like Remeron? I found it worked better for me than trazodone. Or even a short course of long acting benzos like Librium or diazepam? I've been up for about 36 hours myself so I understand what you're going through.

My psych sent me remeron but because I took the trazadone I have to wait. This has been two weeks. I'll have to go to ER soon. My heart races. This is what it was like to go off Lyrica. I wanted to die

Hi Elle,

I hope you're doing OK ? .. I'm not too sure if you remember me, but I was also going through Suboxone withdrawal a few weeks ago, and you helped me quite a lot through my journey.

Firstly, I'm not too sure what kind of medications you have access to or have been trying, but I can personally attest to the effectiveness of clonidine hydrochloride in the aid of both sleep and anxiety.

Secondly, the absolute WORST thing for insomnia, is THINKING about insomnia !!!!!

This is a nasty little catch 22, but it would certainly help if you could take a day or 2 off work and spend that time chilling inside your home and taking it easy. Take the pressure off, and tell yourself (although this can be near impossible) that it doesn't matter if you don't sleep.

When it comes to getting sleep, the worst thing you can do is try too hard.

I'll be checking back here regularly today as I'll be waiting to hear back from you. I'd like to make sure that you are OK <3

Let me know x
n1ght