CE&P Rules / Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahSEEuS

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been directed to post any questions pertaining to moderation here.

I am going to use an example of an infraction that I don't feel fits the requirement for infraction. That doesn't mean it doesn't. I just want to know where to draw the line when posting in there. I have tried to post my take and get involved in discussions there, but if I am just going to get another permanent infraction because my ideas are different from the moderators (in this case cduggles) then I will refrain from posting there all together. Before I do that I would like to be given the chance to better understand the rules and moderation there.

Here is the example:

FzDmr0O.jpg

bxlvDSC.jpg

What was the infractable offense in this post?

What part of it was "Trolling, inflammatory language, posting incorrect information..."?

Though his opinions can be taken as controversial I don't see anything that could be considered "trolling"

Yea, I understand he has a history there. I have a history in TL, that doesn't mean anytime I say something idiotic BP gets the right to infract me.

You know TL is more lax in what's said there and it's gotta be pretty extreme to get infracted in TL.. CE&P is a tough one where others political views can be taken as trolling when they are seen as controversial.

Well, my point is that you can have a history somewhere and it shouldn't be the reason you are infracted for something that is otherwise uninfractable.

I agree..100%

Look at it this way, if you're perceived as a "troll" elsewhere anything that's said elsewhere that could be take with any ounce of controversy will be taken as trollish.. Is it right, absolutely not.

Last edited:
<snip>
Its of my opinion that the mediation of forum issues and disputes can be handled better than issuing non-expiring infractions for a person's articulated thoughts and opinions

Last edited:
Blue Phlame I shouldnt have to post in bl to point you in the direction of the moderator handbook.

The answers you seek are in there re the complaint in this thread.

Since cep mods and above must be far too busy to help out cdug and jah who is white knighting for poor sweet droppers ill do it.

Actually fuck that not my job to do your job mods.

Infractions for chronic trolling and unresponsive to changes of behaviour that caused previous bans is something that should be done by SENIOR MODERATORS. Dont chuck cdug in the firing line.

Thats so unfair on her.

If you are over droppers known ways then for gods sake stop feeding the troll or just get rid of him.

If you actually like the exchanges and want to go have a beer with him then just accept this is what he does, including his running of the teddit loungers sub which he used to display this bullshit.

Maybe now hes targetting cep and not the lounge which you couldnt be fucked with you will do something about this punk and his mates EX BLUELIGHTER or just deal with the fact hes never going to change and you deserve to look like idiots .

Blue Phlame I shouldnt have to post in bl to point you in the direction of the moderator handbook.
Good suggestion, I propose all mods review the moderator handbook from time to time to remain aware of the protocols of being on staff.

Since cep mods and above must be far too busy to help out cdug and jah who is white knighting for poor sweet droppers ill do it.

Not quite. We're currently discussing the issue at hand and working out the kinks that tend to come with adding new people to the team and the changes in direction and atmosphere that come with that.

We'll let you know once we have a consensus amongst ourselves on how to properly respond to this inquiry.

Regarding the infraction cited above, cduggles said it was for what she felt was a consistent pattern/history of trolling rather than anything specifically in that single RP. Alas you cannot create an infraction from multiple posts or a history of posts.

As for wanting to know cduggles take on things, I'd recommend asking her directly via PM.

Thank you everyone for your input.

I'm not white-knighting for drops - simply looking for answers about acceptably behavior.

This brings up some more questions.

shouldn't something like this be left to a longer standing member of the moderator team? if it is in regards to a consistent pattern/history of trolling, shouldn't the mods that he had been behaving like that under be the ones to make that decision and not a new mod? If not, any new mod could perm-infract someone like guido (or myself for that matter) as soon as he makes even the slightest jackassy comment?

I do appreciate what you're saying, though I disagree that a new mod fully aware of their forum's dynamics (as cdugs is of CE&P) is incapable of reaching and acting on the same conclusion as an oldtimer. Many oldtimers have also made moderating decisions in the past that others here disagree with, especially since such decisions are often, by their nature, somewhat contentious.

Well, if the people that have been in charge, the whole time he has been doing the things he's accused of, haven't deemed it a necessary punishment wouldn't you think that speaks volumes?

If such a poster were to be doing the things that droppers was accused of in the infraction, shouldn't a more deserving post appear, full of "trolling, inflammatory language, posting incorrect information..."? Why not wait for that post? This just comes off as petty and ignorant.

Also, it is more likely that a member of the community who was just recently "promoted" to moderator may have had more personal/direct involvement with the poster - likely causing this to be more of a personal vendetta, as opposed to fair-and-balanced moderating?

Ugh, now it seems I am white-knighting for drops and will stop. That last sentence is just my take on what may have happened. I think it would be equally frustrating to any poster in a similar situation though and is not indicative of me trying to change anything on his record. Simply, trying to clarify for prosperity and myself.

The answers you seek are in there re the complaint in this thread.

Actually fuck that not my job to do your job mods.

Infractions for chronic trolling and unresponsive to changes of behaviour that caused previous bans is something that should be done by SENIOR MODERATORS. Dont chuck cdug in the firing line.

Thats so unfair on her.

If you are over droppers known ways then for gods sake stop feeding the troll or just get rid of him.

If you actually like the exchanges and want to go have a beer with him then just accept this is what he does, including his running of the teddit loungers sub which he used to display this bullshit.

Maybe now hes targetting cep and not the lounge which you couldnt be fucked with you will do something about this punk and his mates EX BLUELIGHTER or just deal with the fact hes never going to change and you deserve to look like idiots .

So you are saying cduggles shouldn't have been the one making this decision and it's exactly my point. Seems you are chucking her in the fire for making a poor decision and acting out of line.

An unnecessary dig at staff zephyr but whatever :\

I'm not willing to fire off an off the cuff or reactive comment as I believe jah's queries deserve a more thought-out response. Believe me when I say we are discussing this being the scenes.

Thank you everyone for your input.

I'm not white-knighting for drops - simply looking for answers about acceptably behavior.

This brings up some more questions.

shouldn't something like this be left to a longer standing member of the moderator team? if it is in regards to a consistent pattern/history of trolling, shouldn't the mods that he had been behaving like that under be the ones to make that decision and not a new mod? If not, any new mod could perm-infract someone like guido (or myself for that matter) as soon as he makes even the slightest jackassy comment?

I don't see how this would make a difference. All mods have the same authority here.

I think you may not be aware of droppers' true history here. All I'll say is that all staff are aware of it.

Jah what is your ultimate motive here? I mean, if you wish to avoid infractions, don't do what droppers has done by consistently trolling bluelight.

I appreciate your contributions so please keep it up :)

An I'm not willing to fire off an off the cuff or reactive comment as I believe jah's queries deserve a more thought-out response. Believe me when I say we are discussing this being the scenes.

This. We should have our response ready within the next few days addressing this and other issues that might be ambiguous, so please bear with us. In the meantime if there's anything else you or anyone else would like us to clarify, now would be an excellent time to bring it up while we're already discussing this issue.

Swillow. Dont deflect mod communication problems back at me, or anyone who happens to have been in the same position as cduggles.

This is not her fault at all and as tath said elsewhere some crap about presenting a united front. That is not what you guys are doing and you are not working together.

Tath has posted elsewhere hes trying a "troll reprogramming" method which is more like behavioural class for toddlers.

Are you a aware of this and doing same .?

The complaints about a ban section both hah and droppers know about is elsewhere displaying a pm like above has never before been allowed and also pretty sad you have not removed it.

Are you using this as leverage for some squabbling amongst you staff ?

I already know you are confirmed by staff in private.

Poor cduggles.

Thats so disgraceful.

This is not her fault at all and as tath said elsewhere some crap about presenting a united front. That is not what you guys are doing and you are not working together.

Reaching a consensus, or at least majority agreement, can take time; not everyone will agree with everyone else because we all have different perspectives, experiences, and ideals, and theres nothing wrong with that; sometimes that results in friction between us, but that's the kind of thing you have to deal with when working as part of a team. That's why we're unable to give a proper answer at this time though.

And yes, the rest of my team knows that I'm trying to reach out to disruptive posters with the hopes of convincing them to be less disruptive, and that I'm working alone at it.

Im not really sure what you're getting at with the rest of your post; theres nothing nefarious or malicious going on behind the scenes, just people with diverse views trying to come to a consensus on how we should manage our forum.

@ zephyr I don't know what you are talking about so I'm gonna ignore most of that.

I'll just say I'm totally behind all our mods and nothing I've posted so far is disloyal or whatever. I've really only been skeptical towards jahs claims about cduggles. You clearly read this stuff with a certain bias which I'd appreciate you not extending into this topic. I do however appreciate you defending cduggles though and I can assure you that I am too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.