CE&P Rules / Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
'i was joking' is a tired, disingenuous response most of the time.

let me know.

alasdair
We will have to agree to disagree.

I will definitely hit you up. Maybe mammoth lake brewery would be a good meet spot. You ever been there? Great beer and a good atmosphere.
Non expiring infractions were put place so repeat offenders couldn't game the system anymore.

Its ironic that at least a few of the complainants in this topic were said "gamers".

You guys are rid of me. Every single thing I've said in CEP is 100% what I believe and the trolling charge is something used across the entire internet, but you guys stopped short at calling me a Russian bot which sadly, I appreciate.

Liquid methods persecution was honestly the only thing that truly annoyed me, but he will have to come to his own realizations in order to finally sever ties with the forum. Please please encourage others to think more about hyper partisanship/ sensitivity I don't think it serves this country well overall, and only increases polarization.

There was a discussion thread when the infraction system was changed to temp bans and why that happened. There was no real public mention or discussion as to why the infractions then became what they are now.
that's not true. the change was announced in the usual place (Bans and the Infraction System) on the 5th of january 2017 -
the system has been running without issue for over a year.

SKL did say differently, in private, that he wanted a couple of people gone for personal grudge reasons and they are gone , not in this thread.
skl does not speak for the bl staff and he's no longer on staff.

alasdair

Oh dang thought it was closer. You about that far from Yosemite? Might be a better trip and can get you out climbing with us. Love love that place!
May be a martying if the vast majority didn't want it, but I see what you're saying and it isn't the case, I'll contribute by sending you messages and posting in w/e other forum I won't get in trouble. I truly do like keeping up with you and a few others regardless of what you might think.

that's not true. the change was announced in the usual place (Bans and the Infraction System) on the 5th of january 2017 -
the system has been running without issue for over a year.

skl does not speak for the bl staff and he's no longer on staff.

alasdair

He did at one point, made clear what his wishes were and they stand to this day.

Yes an announcement was put up in public, no real explanation of what brought about those changes and its probably a safe assumption that the announcement would have been missed . There was a discussion thread about the temp bans change a long time ago which would have been noticed.

Whichever system is in place, there will always be someone with either no life or some dumb luck that will skirt around it.

zeph, you said there was "no real public mention". there was. if this was the monster problem you're (plural) implying, why did it take over a year for people to get this bent about it?

Whichever system is in place, there will always be someone with either no life or some dumb luck that will skirt around it.
non-expiring infractions make that much less likely.

alasdair

I dont think its taken a year as there have been infractions that are non expiring handed out in that time however the people who got them either were already under the radar likely due to the lounge closing/social "experiment" (to quote skl) and the people affected wouldnt really be paid attention to as they are the ones getting them.

I was directed to start infracting people, a couple of certain people as skl wanted them gone and to use permanent infractions as that was the only way to get rid of them. This was because he had beef with them and was very angry I didnt. "Not doing my job," etc. I dunno if the others got this but they can say for themselves and some posts are in old mod threads.

Mods dont receive this treatment so its unlikely anyone on staff would care. The system can be misused to remove people who are seen undesirable but thats too bad they are if they havent behaved in any way that mods themselves have.

I am working very hard on forgetting what staff was like. Most was pretty good apart from the whole lounge/reddit/whatever thing. That was not very good and us mods who jumped in either took off straight away (guido) or went on a tangent we thought was right but it wasnt (me).

I wont say if anyone else on staff raised concerns of harsh infractions were dolled out to noobs or were dolled out unfairly to some but I would say they were in some cases.

The option to go to infractions above some nudging in the right direction were clear instructions from skl and it seems that it the go to method.

That works in cases of clear blua violations like sourcing and selling, the rules are easy to follow in that regard.

In community forums I would say that the system does fail those who just need guidance, tolerance and understanding.

There is a clear push for people to come here now and it would help to have some leeway to encourage them to stay whether mods think they are idiots or not. Most people are not idiots, just new or returning to a forum thats changed and dont understand.

Its off putting to see people banned for extended periods when they were just following along the banter.

I dont think cep does infract based on political views like droppy suggests. They infract as hes continuing his lengthy under the radar trolling. You like to piff him around the forum so that just encourages him to the aggravation of staff I guess.

As for LM, he would be reading this and I encourage him to try again talking to you or the smods of cep who could be some help.

Droppersneck has been an on and off troll for years. Hes been defended and indulged and slapped on the wrist heaps. Tath overturned this ban of his (correct me if Im wrong).

I dont have that kind of authority. I'm a single member of a team, nothing more.

Correct me if Im wrong, I have some ppl blocked on fb but who were you referring to when you said "he will never be banned because of cep, not if I have anything to say about it"?

The context there was pretty clear that i was making that reference with regards to political views. Nobody should be banned because of their views; all are welcome in CEP, aside from ones that violate the BLUA. Violating the forum guidelines and BLUA is another matter.

^ At this stage Tath, LM would have to say his piece.

He will have to speak up for himself now. Hes on a lengthy ban and there are ways to do that so hopefully his communication reaches the staff who oversee cep as a group. His posts are a different perspective and he seems keen to not break the rules. Please give him a chance to explain

I was directed to start infracting people, a couple of certain people as skl wanted them gone and to use permanent infractions as that was the only way to get rid of them. This was because he had beef with them and was very angry I didnt. "Not doing my job," etc. I dunno if the others got this but they can say for themselves and some posts are in old mod threads.
i need to go back and do some reading but this is news to me.

in the rare cases that a mod declines to infract and an smod disagrees the smod will either defer or issue an infraction themselves. nobody is forced to issue an infraction.

The system can be misused to remove people who are seen undesirable...
nobody in ce&p has been infracted or banned simply for stating an alternate viewpoint. but the ce&p guidelines and blua apply and if somebody's opinion breaks one of those, then it's a problem. bluelighters who can't post without using insults and abuse can also be infracted regardless of their leaning.

I wont say if anyone else on staff raised concerns of harsh infractions were dolled out to noobs or were dolled out unfairly...
it's only one person's memory but i am not aware of any. if any staff reading did so at the time, i'd love to hear their recolections.

Its off putting to see people banned for extended periods when they were just following along the banter.
nobody is banned for just 'following along the banter'.

alasdair

Ali Ill go back and show you some saved things you should know just for your records within the next day or so.

Also as to your point of having mods of different persuasions yes you do.

Sorry, sprouting things like this doesnt look good.

"I didn't know anything about, that sucks. Well the good news is that he's barely even in CEP and still doesn't bother with the staff forums either so its unlikely you'll encounter him, and if he starts bugging you just report the pms and make him ali's problem."

This is a ref to mgs.

Shit like that doesnt add up to whats said here.

A mod but not present for mod decisions.

Yay or nay?

Liquid method has forwarded to my email the conversation he had with admin re his ban and his comment that got him banned is not him being misogynistic. In fact, the world at large and the internet is full of guys being braggish about getting a lot of pussy. Theres mods who pride themselves on getting lots of bl pussy, one of which is now on cep staff.

The problem is, the President is a woeful excuse of a public figure and he said "grab em by the pussy" and he probably does get a lot of action. I doubt if he wasn't rich - in the physical state and mental health he is in- he would not have the beautiful wife he has now or the greedy money hungry ex wife he has.

LMs argument about rape victims was not misogynistic and has been misinterpreted as such.

Case in point: Craig McLaughlin has had to stand down from his theatre productions due to being nsmed as a sexual harasser in 2014 in his lead role as a transvestite. He has a 30 year career in entertainment and should be in jail for his woeful rendition of "Hey Mona" but is going through hell publically without any actual evidence, charges laid or any prior complaints being made to the theatre company. He is shattered. This is the two sides of sexual assault. Yes victims need to survive and get support and justice. Rape is henious. The accused get named in public. Hence when there are times proven false or innovent, the accused life is over regardless. An employer can google their name and the rape comes up first.

LM never said their was justifiable rape ever.

He was simply aggravated the President was put out there as an actual rapist since hes never even been charged at all with such a crime.

I have read the exchange and would really hope that CFC or Toothpastedog please step in.

There is no misogyny at all, Im a woman, heard a lot of things, nothing is that offensive to warrant a 6 month ban.

If you want him gone then please just tell him and dont use weak excuses like that. Its really insulting to women who are pretty strong and dont sweat the small stuff.

We are not going to overturn his ban or shorten it. We have literally voted and a majority voted against. There is no point in this conversation really because the decision has been made and communicated to Liquid. This is done and no argument can be put forward to change this. I'm sorry but that's how it is.

I'm going to say this again. Liquid didn't get banned for 6 months for his one post. It is his huge history of infractions that meant a further infraction point AUTOMATICALLY banned him. That is our system, like it or not. He has run out of chances, just like droppers.

I know it seems harsh but it is simply the consequence of his actions. He is responsible for this, not Bluelight. Its not personal or based on his beliefs, that is truly a distortion of the reality here. Believe what you want but I'm telling you the truth. We are not tyrants or trying to promote any political ideology, we are trying to run a HR website. CEP is merely a sideshow to the main event.

^ thanks swilow.

the issue has been reviewed and the infraction stands. nothing is going to change that.

zephyr, don't forget that the straw that broke the camel's back, in isolation, is just a straw. i don't want liquidmethod gone - if it did, why wouldn't i just permaban him myself?

ce&p is trying hard to foster an environment where discussion is constructive and civil. let's try to focus on that - opinions from all sides of the political compass are welcome.

asked and answered. and closed. thanks.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.