• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

METH Help Needed

sm0kestack

Bluelighter
I havent made a new thread in a while, so please MODS place this where appropriate.<br><br>Well, I had given my friend a shot of meth several hours ago. Not long after the shot she started complaining about feeling dizzy and nauseous, then she said she was getting a bad headache.<br><br>I did a shot of this same batch before her and it was a larger dose than hers, and I feel fine. She has no current tolerance to amphetamines, and minimal experience with them period. It was her first time shooting meth.<br><br>Since that shot several hours ago, she has just been sitting at the table with her head down, just kinda out of it, and has been letting out a moan every minute or so. She is talking a little more now, but seems out of it still, and still saying the dizziness, nausea, and headache are bothering her.<br><br>I tried getting her to drink some water, but she has only taken a couple gulps, and now the cup has just been sitting there. It could be dehydration. She also got real angry with her boyfriend earlier, and had been real upset all evening. So maybe the meth elevated her blood pressure when it was already high from being angry? Hypertension and dehydration maybe? The symptoms she are describing are a bit consistent with a migraine, and she says it's a throbbing pain all over her head.

There is not much medication her I could give her. The only kinds we have is a bottle of generic Excedrin and a bottle of Aleve PM. I would give her the knock off Excedrin, but they have caffeine in them. I know caffeine is supposed to help headaches, but I dont want another diuretic in her that will cause more vasoconstriction and more dehydration than there already likely is right?

I have very limited experience with IV meth use. I have experienced dizziness and nausea on amp drugs like meth, X, heck even adderall during their onsets after dosing, but it has always faded away. I have gotten headaches from dehydration, jaw clenching, not eating, and not sleeping, just from being burnt and fried out on general. I never had a debilitating migraine appear all of a sudden like that tho.

If there is any suggestions on what I can do for her, so I can help her feel better and alleviate her symptoms, please let me know. If there is any kind of OTC med that may work best, let me know.

If anyone could also enlighten me as to what happened that caused thid reaction, I would like to know so if this may happen again, or even to myself, I wont be stuck on what to do.

Thankss everybody and be safe!

I havent made a new thread in a while, so please MODS place this where appropriate.

Well, I had given my friend a shot of meth several hours ago. Not long after the shot she started complaining about feeling dizzy and nauseous, then she said she was getting a bad headache.

I did a shot of this same batch before her and it was a larger dose than hers, and I feel fine. She has no current tolerance to amphetamines, and minimal experience with them period. It was her first time shooting meth.

Since that shot several hours ago, she has just been sitting at the table with her head down, just kinda out of it, and has been letting out a moan every minute or so. She is talking a little more now, but seems out of it still, and still saying the dizziness, nausea, and headache are bothering her.

I tried getting her to drink some water, but she has only taken a couple gulps, and now the cup has just been sitting there. It could be dehydration. She also got real angry with her boyfriend earlier, and had been real upset all evening. So maybe the meth elevated her blood pressure when it was already high from being angry? Hypertension and dehydration maybe? The symptoms she are describing are a bit consistent with a migraine, and she says it's a throbbing pain all over her head.

There is not much medication her I could give her. The only kinds we have is a bottle of generic Excedrin and a bottle of Aleve PM. I would give her the knock off Excedrin, but they have caffeine in them. I know caffeine is supposed to help headaches, but I dont want another diuretic in her that will cause more vasoconstriction and more dehydration than there already likely is right?

I have very limited experience with IV meth use. I have experienced dizziness and nausea on amp drugs like meth, X, heck even adderall during their onsets after dosing, but it has always faded away. I have gotten headaches from dehydration, jaw clenching, not eating, and not sleeping, just from being burnt and fried out on general. I never had a debilitating migraine appear all of a sudden like that tho.

If there is any suggestions on what I can do for her, so I can help her feel better and alleviate her symptoms, please let me know. If there is any kind of OTC med that may work best, let me know.

If anyone could also enlighten me as to what happened that caused this reaction, I would like to know so if this may happen again, or even to myself, I wont be stuck on what to do.

Thankss everybody and be safe!

Get her water, and take her to the hospital. It's really not worth taking a chance with her health.

Thanks, i dont think she has blood pressure issues .. she's 28 and healthy. I asked if she had been told by any doctors that she may have high blood pressure in the past. She said no.

I wrote a long response to you btubbs, but my session expired. Well, I walked in the winter tundra and got her some Advil and Gatorade. Advil being an anti-inflammatory pain reliever, and I have been having trouble getting her to hydrate herself. Gatorade tastes better than tap water.

It has been a couple hours since I gave the Advil to her, and it seems to be working. She has been up and talking A LOT. Before I was getting moans and words here and there. Mostly yes and no to questions I was asking.

She said she still feels nauseous and weak, but i know she hasnt eaten at all. I tried to give her half a banana nut muffin. Something easy to eat and pick at when amp's got your appetite inhibited.

I am pretty sure it was due to hypertension and definitely dehydration.

Thanks again. If anyone could enlighten me with further information about went on, I'd like to know more. Thanks

Update:

She is up an talking way more now .. goin on & on .. i meant to say that she still isnt putting fluids in her as i have tried stressing to her the extreme importance of.

At least the advil took care of the headache she was suffering.

Do you guys think I was right in determining what was wrong with her? I did a pretty strong dose of that stuff a little before i went to that store, and it did it's thing, but I guess that due to my higher tolerance to amp's and experience, I was able to handle it. Not too different from the onset of a really good roll. I didnt get a headache and get to feelin sick, and that was one of the stronger rushes I have felt in quite a while ..

Before doing it, I had done quite a bit of moving around, walked outside somewhere, had fresh air .. etc ... so my blood wasnt sitting idle. I think i was hydrating ... either that or the vitamins in the Monster I drank before had me level.
Its winter time and very cold out and she has been cooped up being in fights with her bf, and chain smoking. No wonder her bp skyrocketed.

If you want to know more detail, or have any questions for me, or if you can help me out so I can help others that may be wanting to IV ice for the first time, I'd want to be able to tell them how to avoid this and explain what happens and why.

Be safe!

I know this is old, but please take your friend to the hospital. It's not the 90's and nobody will punish you for getting them help.

For anyone that uses stims, I would suggest having one of those battery powered blood pressure and heart rate monitors handy, they are pretty cheap.
Will give you a few more elements to evaluate whether going to the ER or not.

For anyone that uses stims, I would suggest having one of those battery powered blood pressure and heart rate monitors handy, they are pretty cheap.
Will give you a few more elements to evaluate whether going to the ER or not.

Great advice. Also for harm reduction purposes, meth gives a longer lasting high and safer usage profile when dosed orally. Shooting meth IV is asking for trouble because of the common adulterants / cutting material contamination

Tez

It was probably a mix of a few different things. If it was her first time banging meth then she might of just had a hard time handling it. And everything that was mentioned above.... Has she shot anything before this, not just that day but at all. That stuff is scary man! Especially when drugs are involved and someone has a reaction that isn't good.
SUPER Glad to see she's doing better!

At risk of being ridiculed for stating the obvious, IV is the most dangerous ROA for several reasons:

-The higher bioavailability of all (100%) means the same dose will have a more powerful effect as all of the dose will end up in the blood. All other ROA will waste some, ie some of the substance never gets absorbed when eating, snorting/plugging and smoking.

-The speed at which a given dose is absorbed makes for a very different experience. IV will give instantaneous delivery, and this alone will increase the power of the effect.
If the same dose was injected with a siringe driver, during the course of say, 10 minutes, the rush would be milder and similar to snorting.

-The faster onset and stronger rush are more psychologically addictive and one is more prone to loose control over quantity, frequency and number of doses, making the typical multi day meth binges more likely to happen.
And we have too many stories of meth benders gone bad to count here on BL.

-There is not going to be a membrane to filter the substance during absorption as with all other ROAs, meaning one is potentially injecting any pathogens present on the drug in the bloodstream.
All impurities left from synth and cutting agents are being injected as well, introducing multiple types of risks especially if a proper micron filter is not used. Using cotton as a filter is far from optimal.

-With all injections, there is a risk of missing the vein and doing either a subcutaneous or an arterial shot, and sometimes even a correct IV shot can leak some of the solution in the surrounding tissue.
This is painful and will cause visible swelling and rash in the best case scenario, and very dangerous as infection, gangrene, and amputation are concrete possibilities in the worst instances.

I'm sure there are more dangers that I forgot to mention, but this should be enough to make a point that IVing any drug is something that requires A LOT of experience with the substance using other ROAs before it can be used with any degree of safety.
Also a person with significant IV experience should be present to guide the user during the first attempts.

With this I don't mean to guilt you, sm0kestack, I'm sure you took care of doing the shot safely, and your friend is responsible for wanting it, my intention is only to point out the risks of IV to people reading this that might not know much about it.

Thanks everyone for your great responses and priceless advice.

I liked the one about getting the blood pressure machine .. it's a good idea .. would medicaid cover somethin like this maybe?

I appreciate the recaps and reminders on how bad IV drug use really is. I know it all too well. I have been addicted to the needle since early April, 2009. I am no stranger to this shit. Have had several ER visits for accidental arterial shots and abscesses. My vascular health is terrible. Blown and collapsed veins, permanent battle scars most of us can relate to.

The girl I was lookin after has basicly gotten her feet wet with IV drug use. She kinda got introduced to the world of heroin and opiates, before just recently giving speed a try. It aint for her I guess.

From all that stress she been under lately, and fightin w/ her bf a lot .. and chain smokin cigs like crazy .. neglecting to hydrate herself .. her blood pressure had to of been beyond MARS somewhere!

She seems to be normal now .. but I know in the world of the IV drug addict, if you think you're "normal" you're far from out of the woods ...

I'll continue to keep an eye on her tonight. She hasn't used anything since last night. I thought that stuff last night was pretty clean. No harsh, cranky, come down. Some of the better stuff I've seen around, but I think I mentioned I get a monthly script of addies, and have a moderate tolerance. Thank you everybody again for the responses!

Very good advice from Phobos, well done! Smokestack, I'm glad your friend is on the mend. It is possible that Medicaid may cover a blood pressure device. What you would need to do is have your doctor recommend that you have one and they write this as a prescription. My crappy insurance wouldn't pay for it but yours might. Take care. :)

You can get one of the cheap ones off of Amazon for 20-30 dollars.