• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using CWE Codeine Phosphate for pain relief?

Granteloupe

Greenlighter
Hello! Im brand new here on Bluelight but Ill get straight to the point. I recently did some serious damage to my hand and suffer greatly because of it. Luckily, I have access to Hydrocodone, Xanax, and Codeine phosphate. What Id like to know is if I can take all three of these together (I completely understand that these are harmful together and shouldnt be mixed, but Im in pain here) Is CWEing the codeine phosphate even worth it? Ive done this before and wasnt really impressed due to a lack of tablets in the mixture, but my liver was grateful. If anyone can help me out and let me know the best way to consume these three substances Id be more than grateful! :)

Don't ever mix benzos with opiates because the interactions can lead you to serious harm, including heart problems.

In this case, I would go with hydrocodone, just hydrocodone.

^There's some weight to that statement, and I cannot in good faith disagree with your sentiment. However, life doesn't always play out as we would like it to and sometimes we break the rules. It's being human. We can't condone the behavior, but we can do our best to direct the OP along the path of least resistance in terms of side effect.

Now, OP, I would like to give you a warm welcome to the community! The vast majority of us are caring, compassionate and knowledgeable people, myself excluded of course ;). I'm very sorry to hear that you're in pain my friend. I've had over 15 highly invasive surgeries throughout the course of my life and while I could never truly understand your pain, I know what it's like to feel vulnerable in that way. It's terrible, but luckily, you have resources.

Is the Codeine a sole-ingredient preparation? No APAP, Ibuprofen or anything of that nature? If there is an OTC painkiller coupled with your Codeine, it can be removed with relative ease by performing a Cold Water Extraction. We have a fucking plethora of resources regarding the process both here on BL and on the internet at-large. See Reddit.

Now, I'm approaching this scenario from the point of view that you are utterly naive to this sort of thing. What you're dealing with are two classes of drug: Benzodiazepines and Opioids. Opioids produce euphoria, obviously, but their primary purpose is analgesia. Benzodiazepines do not have a major impact on your level of pain, but just because the Benzodiazepines are not providing analgesia does not mean you will not experience a better subjective experience with the sedative on board.

It's easy to die by combining these substances, but if you are responsible, consult with us and other resources in advance, it can be done in relative safety. It's not an uncommon process to put a small amount of Benzodiazepine in a patient's line if they are consistently complaining of pain. The combination provides synergy and to be real, the combination together will fuck you up moreso than if you took them separately.

The main takeaway? You can utilize Benzodiazepines and their inherent synergy with Opioids to lower the total amount of Opioids that you are using. I would like to know the dosage of Opiod that controls your pain or otherwise makes it tolerable. Once I have that information, we can broach that touchy subject of poly-substance use. It's an art form.

Sounds like your trying to get high? You basically told us that you already know it is dangerous. But you want some answers from people who have done it. Well alot of people probaly have done it and survived but is ot worth the chance? Get buzzed but be safe man. I'm not gonna be the one to tell you it's ok when there is risk of overdosing. That is how most overdoses happens,(by mixing drugs your not supposed too). Anyway let the light know your alright, peace.

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for this reply, and I usually only take 2-3 5mg Hydrocodone tablets at a time for the pain. Also the Xanax are .5mg and the codeine and phosphate tables are 30mg. My question is, how do I get the best use of these three drugs (not at the same time) so I can get more of a euphoric effect?

Don't ever mix benzos with opiates because the interactions can lead you to serious harm, including heart problems.

In this case, I would go with hydrocodone, just hydrocodone.

I'm sorry but that's really not good advice.

People will do it no matter your warning. I sure would. Better would be to caution people of the truth.

Which is that combining opioids with benzos can compound the two well beyond the sum of their parts and you shouldn't do it until you've already done it very conservatively and gotten an idea for what you can handle.

It's still a very real risk I don't deny that. But given it saves a lot of money and makes the high better people will do it. Telling them not to is a waste of time. I've done it lots of times, I think it can be done fairly safely.as safe as this kinda thing can get anyway. But you have to know how strongly using both drug types at once will affect you.

In short. Don't take a normal dose of both the first time and especially not with a low tolerance. Start with a safer dose to get a feel for what you can handle and do it again whenever your tolerance might have changed.

Well my opioid of choice is iv heroin so it's generally been that most of the time.

As for benzos, I've tended to stay away from Xanax after I had some issues getting off it and controlling my use of it once before, so mostly diazepam and Oxazepam.

If you're in pain due to physical damage to your hand consider taking 400-600mg of ibuprofen or 200-400mg of naproxen with your opioid; the increase in painkilling effect can be far more powerful than taking either drug alone. In fact opioids on their own without APAP or NSAID will work rather poorly to kill pain.