• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pH manipulation, and plugging

ayemsea

Greenlighter
My friend wanted to try plugging phenibut, so he added phenibut to water and found it to be acidic. He doesn't understand about chemistry (but he's trying to learn)

So, he tried adding some sodium hydroxide. This turned the solution very alkaline, but he doesn't understand why(He really wishes he paid more attention in school, but he has autism, so he used to find it hard to concentrate in class!)

He discarded the solution, and started again with phenibut + water, but this time he added baking soda instead of NaOH. Now the pH is neutral, and safe to plug (hurray!)

Why is the phenibut acidic? Is it because it's prepared with hydrogen chloride? What does chloride mean? Does that mean salt is added to it? Is salt acidic?

My problem is that he has a bunch of very basic chemistry questions, but he's 30 years old now, so he can't just go ask his school teacher or something. Are there any websites that he can read and learn about all this kind of stuff? He's tried using google and erowid, but he's finding it hard to follow because most of the websites he reads expect you to have a basic understanding of chemistry 8(

He's considering going back to college to study GCSE Science, 'cause he has soooooo many questions, and he's very excited to learn now. It's fun to learn!

Also fun putting drugs in the butt! Aww yiss! :p

I would really advise against rectally administering Phenibut. It typically comes in two forms. I believe a Hydrochloride Salt and the other preparation is Phenibut as a Free Amino Acid. If you plug the FAA preparation, prepare to have the most painful diarrhea of your life for about 24 hours post administration. You also are probably going to immediately expel the Phenibut anyway. It's just not a great way to take it.

Gabapentinoids are simply one of those drugs that is most effective when taken orally. I don't feel that you're going to experience a great benefit by using this ROA, so I would just continue administering it the way you have been.

Uh... Well I think I am right in saying adding sodium hydroxide to an acidic compound will only make it more acidic. Sodium hydroxide, aka lye, is a strong acid. I would never want to plug anything with any residual lye in it.

I have no experience with plugging phenibut, but a base will make it more pH neutral. Though it may also freebase your salted phenibut and thus make it harder to absorb when plugged...

From what I know, I would have basified it until a pH 7-ish, and then just to be safe tried to dissolve it in an emulsion. The easiest being milk. Then if it did in fact become freebase then the freebase would dissolve in the fat droplets mixed through the watery liquid... This way the water soluble tissue in the rectum would absorb the chemical regardless if it's fat or water soluble.

But I am talking out my ass. Do research if anything I said sounds appropriate.

Edit: if you are sure phenibut is acidic then you should basify. I don't know if it is or not, or any physical qualities of the freebase VS salt forms. But I would strongly recommend trying to use a food safe base, so it isn't a problem if you ingest some. The first that comes to mind is baking soda, but it is a mild base and may not be strong enough to work (depending on your phenibut's acidity. You might need to add too much to be easily plugged).

Sorry I speak convoluted and verbose. Hope I helped someone a wee bit. Best of luck!

Last edited:
I have a friend looking to remove the opiate from oxycodone or hydro-codon. He already knows how to removed the opiate from coden using the cold wash methold. Can any give advice on this.

I don't believe your request makes sense.

Hydrocodone / vicodin is an opiate. Oxycodone is an opiate. If you remove the opiate then there is no high or pain killing.

I think the cold wash method is just to remove the buffers. Remove the crap they added to be able to press it into a normal sized pill. The whole point is to leave behind ONLY the opiate.

Good luck brother!

Edit: oh... I also don't see why you need to remove the buffers at all. I'm not familiar with injecting, but I can say from experience that eating, snorting, and plugging pill form opiates works damn well. And if you are after injecting, know that plugging (intrarectal, up ye' ass) almost always has the same onset, duration, bioavailability, and effects as intramuscular injection. And it is super easy to do and painless with a few mL of water and an oral syringe (easy to get from a pharmacy).

Also, dude... Eat123. You have to search first and if that fails make your own new thread. You shouldn't just come in and hijack a thread with off topic questions. This is the second time I've seen you do it, so please understand. And then become a beautiful addition to the community. Good luck, bud.

Last edited:
Well I think I am right in saying adding sodium hydroxide to an acidic compound will only make it more acidic. Sodium hydroxide, aka lye, is a strong acid.

That's totally wrong - sodium hydroxide is a strong base, the opposite of an acid.

Ah crap... It's been a good ten years since I used it for extracting mescaline, dmt, and bufotenine.

Thank you, good sir. Should I edit my old post so people don't get confused? I'm never quite sure what to do in this situation.

I kinda went off the idea of plugging phenibut already... this pH stuff is bloody confusing 8(