• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I can't take it anymore

I am glad you are in a better frame of mind today! That's the hopeshot. Nothing like someone with 1 day to remind you how much better 23 (or however many) is!

30 days today. I am back in Tennessee for my court date tomorrow. If any of you are inclined to pray, please say one for me.

30 days! Fuck yeah, man.

I don't really pray. But I'll be sending you good thoughts all day. I guess that's kind of like praying, actually <3

Thank you Sim, I'm going to need all the positivity I can get.

Aihfl,
30 days. Thats wicked man. Keep it up.

Court is definitely stressful. Been there myself too. I trust your lawyer is well prepared and will do their best.

I too will be thinking of you and sending good vibes.

I wish you ease of mind during this stressful time.
<3

I trust your lawyer is well prepared and will do their best.
He had better be, as much as I am paying him!
tiredofcrap said:
I too will be thinking of you and sending good vibes.

I wish you ease of mind during this stressful time.
<3
Thank you TOC. I am feeling so stressed out (been smoking cigs like a chimney) I need all the encouragement I can get.

You have taken the actions you had power over and now the results are up to something outside your control. Kudos on taking the actions. When I have given myself the passage of time the lens of perspective has always shown me how the outcome was just as it was meant to be. You will be in my thoughts.

He had better be, as much as I am paying him!

Thank you TOC. I am feeling so stressed out (been smoking cigs like a chimney) I need all the encouragement I can get.

The waiting was always so so so stressful dealing with court stuff. It was stressful before and during addiction, as well as in recovery. Thankfully my interaction with the courts has been pretty minimal compared to many people I have met, but it was never easy.

Sending you lots of metta today aihfl. Try and keep your head up. Hopefully when this is done it feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Even when they didn’t resolve perfectly, getting things finalized by the courts was always a relief, in the sense there wasn’t any more waiting/agonizing over what might be, and that was replaced by a sense of knowing where to go from there.

Thank you again Sim, TOC and jdfisse. Here is where things stand. I have to do 48 hours in jail minus time served and court so it will be about 34 hours. It could have been a lot worse. I had benzos in my system and an open container so it could have been a week had I not had a good lawyer.

Hey it seems like you have a good attitude about it and that is what really matters. Will be good to not have this hanging over your head. A few months from now if you stay on the path you are on we can all look back at this and laugh about how you did hard time in the pokey with over a month sober!

Thank you for your support and everything you do over here at SL TPD.

That seems like a pretty good outcome (from a shitty situation), aihfl. I'm really glad you got resolution on this.

Aihfl thats awesome man!
Im so relieved for you. Any time in the clink sucks but 34 hrs is far preferable to a week. And once ya get out you can feel comforted by the fact that this whole ordeal is now behind you.

Thank you again for your support everyone. It ended up being closer to 24 hours due to some clever legal maneuvering. I never even left holding. Which had both positives and negatives. Being in general population would have been less restrictive and more comfortable but it also would have complicated leaving as well. Anyway glad that is all in my rear view mirror and glad I am going home tomorrow to get back to my dog and the last little bit of the Winter Olympics

Thank you 10 <3

I also should have mentioned that Tennessee is only one of five states that has not joined an interstate compact reporting out of state traffic violations to other member states. As the attorney put it, your chances are about 50/50 of Florida finding out. Please say a little prayer for me or send me some positive mojo if you are so inclined.

Last edited: