Letrozole for TRT

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Thoughts on this.....

I am naturally low on Test and high estrogen. I use UGL's to self medicate, only use 100mg of a single ester being Enth'.......But I never really know how well dosed or sterile some of the UGL's are.

I can obtain pharma Letrozole. From what I have read taking 2.5mg tab a day can raise natural Test levels and keep estrogen levels low. What are the views on taking this for TRT?

Personally I'd not like that idea because that dose of letro is likely to slaughter your estrogen levels. Can you get hold of a gentler AI like anastrozole?

What is tour BF%?
Do you know why your oestrogen is higher than average?

I woukd definitely recommend anastrozole or exemestane over Letro. Letro will crush your estrogen. In contest prep I didn't even use a full 2.5mg tab at a time.

Also what Phobos said. Estrogen being elevated at that low of test is very odd.

Thanks greatly for the replies.

Really don't know why my E2 levels are so high. Arms, legs, back are still in very good shape, slight bloat around the abdominal area due to low test (one of the typical signs of low T) or what is known as 'benzo belly' due to long term use of benzos . Benzos raise E2 and lowers T, tricky one to work out what and why I have it as I abused Dbol heavily in the 90's so may have lowered my T but went on benzos 18 years ago.
I can obtain Pharma Anastrozole and also Tamoxifen, oh and proper HGH direct from the hospital (reason I know its 100% direct from the hospital is I go with my friend to collect it!).......But the only thing I cant source is legit Testosterone.....This is not a call for members to PM me offering any AAS. Majority of Pharma Test are fakes. As for UGL's, well I dont know how well I trust them, even if the cook makes it exactly to what he thinks, for example, as in 250mg per 1ml may differ greatly, who knows if the raws are legit as literally all of the raws are from China so not being rude to the Chinese but am sure they break it down with other things.....Anyway, enough of that!

Abdominal fat is thought to aromatise more test than fat preset in other areas of the body.
How likely is it that you get to 12% BF to see if your E2 goes down a bit.
HGH can help with fat loss for sure, if you go on a low GI, slightly calorie restricted diet.

Also, do you inject the T once per week or twice? Ie do you do 1x100mg or 2x50mg?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdominal fat is thought to aromatise more test than fat preset in other areas of the body.
How likely is it that you get to 12% BF to see if your E2 goes down a bit.
HGH can help with fat loss for sure, if you go on a low GI, slightly calorie restricted diet.

Also, do you inject the T once per week or twice? Ie do you do 1x100mg or 2x50mg?

Never knew that regarding the abdominal fat.

I get Seizen HCG but at the dose I get would mean doing 1iu per day, would this have any benefit at such a low dose?

Test wise I am doing 100mg of Test E every Friday.

What is interesting is my Dr knows I self medicate and he said that using Test would actually make my already bad anxiety even worse. If I dont use it I have zero sex drive and feel tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Test Enanthate ester has a half life of 4.5 days, shooting 2x50 would give you more stable plasma T levels.

As far as I know, the higher the free test the higher the conversion rate to E2 is.
Might not be day and night difference, but it might be something.

Also even if the difference was small, it would allow you to loose fat a bit faster.

1iu of GH is a very low dose, might help if you are deficient, but you would see more results from 25-30mg MK-677 ED+200mcg Huperzine A ED.
If you increase your GH you might feel a sharp increase in appetite and that could make it hard to stick to a caloric deficit diet.
You might need some type of appetite suppressant like Ephedrine or Amphetamine.
Ofcourse YMMV, but 80mg Ephedrine ED was not enough to suppress my appetite on a 1000 calories deficit while using MK677.

You're on testosterone, so the benzos are going to have very little effect on your e2 or lowering your test levels. You need to be injecting twice a week for more stable levels, that can effect it some as well.

The letro is a bad idea, plain and simple. It's overkill. Sure you may aromatize at a higher rate then some people so if that's the case then slowly incorporate arimidex or aromasin(What I prefer) then after two weeks get your levels checked and see where you are at.

Personally I stay away from all AIs unless I'm blasting then I'll take 12.5mg of aromasin a day.

I run testosterone and low dose masteron year round 150mg/150mg/week, additionally I take 25mg of proviron a day. This frees up my test and keeps e2 in check, plus I have a denser, more vascular, and harder physique than when I'm on test alone. I don't advise this if you're worried about your hairline or have prostate issues though. Also I do my own blood work every 3 months and check my BP daily.

Yeah letro is a bit rough and it will likely make you feel horrible.

As far as levels, have you gotten blood work? Some people just have higher levels of aromatase and convert more test to estrogen

Thanks for the replies.

Swim15 Indeed I have had my blood works done, never get over 8.2Nmol (about 250-260 in US conversions) My estrogen was 58, think it is meant to be around 20-30? The GP said it was high but nothing to worry about....But I dont trust GP's as they know a little about a lot!

Your E2 is very high for such low level of T (8.2nMol/L = 237 ng/dl)
As an example, I had my estrogen at 49 when my test was at 981 due to using Clomid and Nolva for 4 weeks.

58 is still within normal range per se, the issue I see is that T and E2 levels are to be looked at not as separate matters, as the ratio between the 2 is also extremely important.

What is your T and E2 levels now on TRT?

I agree Aromasin is probably your best choice as an AI, although it is the one that costs more. But it won't be excessively powerful, and doesn't carry a risk of estrogen rebound if you stop taking it.
And you need so little of it anyway that cost should not be a big issue.
Can you get pharma grade Exemestane (Aromasin)?

Your E2 is very high for such low level of T (8.2nMol/L = 237 ng/dl)
As an example, I had my estrogen at 49 when my test was at 981 due to using Clomid and Nolva for 4 weeks.

58 is still within normal range per se, the issue I see is that T and E2 levels are to be looked at not as separate matters, as the ratio between the 2 is also extremely important.

What is your T and E2 levels now on TRT?

I agree Aromasin is probably your best choice as an AI, although it is the one that costs more. But it won't be excessively powerful, and doesn't carry a risk of estrogen rebound if you stop taking it.
And you need so little of it anyway that cost should not be a big issue.
Can you get pharma grade Exemestane (Aromasin)?

This
Usually test:estro ratio should be between 30-50:1. That seems to be the optimal ratio.

Exemestane (aromasin) wouldn't carry the usual issues of lipid impact either and boosts igf a bit as well. Very little would be needed, maybe 12.5mg once a week in your case.

I think he meant test levels of 250-260.

What are your levels with the TRT?

Personally I recommend going by feeling. If my estrogen was 30 I'd feel like shit. if my test is high, I need estrogen high to feel good and have a functioning sex drive so if my test is at 3000, I'd be fine with estrogen at 200. Not exact numbers but it's the principle. People put way too much stock in simply numbers.

The other thing is that now I can go by feel and know where estrogen is at so, for me -

1. High sex drive, limp dick, weak orgasm intensity = high estrogen
2. Low sex drive, working dick, weak orgasm = low estrogen
3. High sex drive, working dick, strong orgasm = perfect

I woukd definitely recommend anastrozole or exemestane over Letro. Letro will crush your estrogen. In contest prep I didn't even use a full 2.5mg tab at a time.

2.5 mgs is a large dose. It is all a matter of dose.

See here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8345034
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993 Aug;77(2):319-23.
Open dose-finding study of a new potent and selective
nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor, CGS 20 267 [letrozole],
in healthy male subjects.

...which found, for the following doses of letrozole:
-- 0.02 mg increased testosterone by 45% after 2 days
-- 0.1 mg increased testosterone by 49% after 2 days
-- 0.5 mg increased testosterone by 48% after 2 days
-- 1.0 mg increased testosterone by 41% after 2 days
-- 2.5 mg increased testosterone by 74% after 3 days
-- 10 mg increased testosterone by 97% after 2 days
-- 30 mg increased testosterone by 113% after 3 days

Lowest dose of 20 MICROgrams (.02 mgs) seems to have a nice effect on T which does not improve
until much larger, immoderate (perhaps reckless) doses are given. From these data I would suggest
that using letrozole for TRT should target a sweet-spot of perhaps 20-50 micrograms/day, possibly
even less. More study is clearly needed.

Regarding E, the authors note: "After 24 h, a suppression of estrone levels by 60-85% from baseline was achieved
with all tested doses. A reduction in estradiol levels by about 30% from baseline was observed at
the lowest dose (0.02 mg)."

Last edited:
^ thanks for posting that alan. It'd be interesting to see what even smaller doses might achieve.