• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco question

SheRa69

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,
Long time viewer, new member. My journey with Narcotics happened about a decade ago. Prior to to that I barely even took an over the counter medications. After being diagnosed and treated for an advanced stage of cancer my nightmare began. I was thankfully cured of my cancer after a long battle, but I was left with very painful complications including arthritis in my hips and back, and extremely painful abdominal issues all caused from radiation in my pelvis and bones. Long story short I have been on and off Norco (mostly) for years. I have developed a tolerance due to my condition and the drug losing its effectiveness. My physician does not want to change my medications, so this is not an option at this time. I have to take 6 norco at a time two times a day to receive the relief I need. I really want to decrease this dose so I decided to stop taking my medication for two weeks, which has been extremely difficult. My question is when I start taking my medication again how much should I be able to reduce it for effectiveness? I?m hoping I can cut my dosing in half. Thank you for any insight.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight! I'm really glad to hear that your cancer has been cured. I also have arthritis and will often switch between Norco (hydrocodone) and either over the counter ibuprofen or naproxen sodium. When you get back on the Norco, you shouldn't need to take more than two tablets in one sitting. Even better if you could take one. The issue with this medication is that it's a lot of acetaminophen given that you're taking 6 at a time. I know your doctor said that he won't change your prescription, maybe there is an n-said preparation he could give you so you could switch them up.