Mental effects of Proviron

Phobos

Bluelighter
A few months ago I experimented with Proviron a bit, and I noticed some things I had never heard about:

-if I took like 50mg after a MDMA roll, I would recuperate to normal mood/energy levels much faster than normal, like I would be alright in 36-48 hours rather than needing a week.

-taking it sober (50mg) would feel somewhat like a functional straight stim for a few hours, I would have better short term memory, focus, drive, and my thinking felt a bit tweaky/paranoia prone.

Does anyone know how/why this happens?

I took Proviron as prescribed by my Dr in 2004......Made me more anxious than I already am =D Kind of energy feeling, I didn't like it. Was on it for 18 days, Dr said it would help anxiety, nope, not to be, if anything it made me more wired.

Sure, this thread (and the studies linked through it) should help you understand why. They've demonstrated that at lower doses, proviron acts as a psychostimulant, while at higher doses it's an effective anti-depressant.

Sure, this thread (and the studies linked through it) should help you understand why. They've demonstrated that at lower doses, proviron acts as a psychostimulant, while at higher doses it's an effective anti-depressant.

Was going to post this.

For me it definitely gives a mood boost and according to my blood work it does free up testosterone and keep me from having to take an AI. Watch out for fake proviron though, there's a lot of it.

Interesting CFC as did not know anything about it being a psychostimulant........Ideal for depression, bad for anxiety! Testosterone is not or has ever been classed as a psychostimulant, has it?

Not that I'm aware of, though it does mediate a number of neurotransmitter systems and clearly can have a stimulatory effect.

That's interesting, didn't know that. Sad I've never noticed anything from proviron because a lot of people rave about it