• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sketchy thing that happens on meth

Status
Not open for further replies.

President_Red

Bluelighter
When I do meth especially by myself in my house, I either hear like footsteps in another room or more so lately like a "tick tick" noise across the floor like a mouse (I even got an exterminator to come out and he told me I had no mice) lol. I'm laughing typing this cause it sounds so crazy but I know its the drug when I do hear it and don't spazz out. Its just annoying sometimes I still check it out even if I know its not real, makes me feel like I'm crazy at times. (Note:this never happens when I'm not on meth)

It's called psychosis my friend. And it's a bitch.

I'm the exact same way. When I'm at home alone or even in a quiet place, I hear footsteps, people talking. If I'm lucky and didn't overdue it I can luckily ignore it. Though more often than not it ends in chasing things around, extreme paranoia, hiding/flushing of drugs, police encounters, or in your case calling an exterminator.

Likewise, this does not happen to me sober.

Not so much psychosis as auditory hallucinations and paranoia, psychosis is a little different.

^^yes, thank you for the correction. I think I just equate the 2 because they are both all too common for me :( Started off with auditory hallucinations, soon turns visual, soon turns full blown chaos.

I can feel you there, I've had my fair share of both.

Ahhh, have you met the shadow people yet? Do not become their friend! It's just meth induced delusions. I attribute mine to lack of sleep and aggressive simulation.

Yeah... I dont think there's many people who use meth who don't hear sounds like that. I was always pretty good at ignoring them. The only thing you can do to help is get some sleep... but sometimes that isnt enough. You might have to stop using altogether for them to go away.

Idk if it's just me, but quitting meth, doesn't necessarily stop the hallucinations, I still hear shit.

I bugged out on weed one time; was laying in my bed and kept hearing a tap tap type noise , finally figured out it was my own heartbeat lol. Never done meth but it?s known to cause paranoia .

I once thought my phone was being hacked and somebody was controlling it, I even smashed up 4 of my phones into little pieces and walked 1.5 miles to a river and dumped the pieces in there.. kept thinking people were following me..even thought I was going to appear on the news. (this went on for about a week after use)
One other occasion I went to hospital because police found me walking in front of cars in New York.. took me to hospital and I thought the workers there were just actors and were going to cut up my body into little pieces for the way I?ve been behaving.. I also thought I killed a few people that night (I didn?t) thank god. I sometimes wonder if it was purely the drugs or something more deeper...

I'm on the verge of closing this. The thing is, we've pretty much mapped out the entire situation based upon knowledge that we have regarding Methamphetamine. Usage of stimulants of any kind in high dosages can and does lead to paranoia, hallucinations and potential violence or complete mental breakdown. Auditory and Tactile (touch) hallucinations are actually the hallmark of high-dose Amphetamine intoxication. The same thing does not happen to say, Opioid addicts. I'm not saying we're superior, but we don't generally lose touch with reality beyond the euphoria of the drug.

You really need to be careful man. I know the situation is kind of comical to you, but you really need to examine all possible outcomes from these decisions. That exterminator could easily have been an anti-drug crusader who wants to call the cops on you simply to cause you pain. You could end up in the streets looking for those voices, leading to handcuffs and felony possession charges. I know it's a compulsive thing. I'm not saying it's easy, but please try to limit your Meth usage to more reasonable level. What is reasonable?

Reasonable in my opinion, and this is just like Opioid addiction, involves being able to complete all of the basic tasks that are required to live a normal, fairly stable life. This means going to work, personal hygiene, at least 4 hours of actual sleep a night. This might mean 8 hours of "sort-of-sleep" when you're coming down, but you need it. You need to eat and stay hydrated. If you don't do these things, you enter a downward spiral into fully-compulsive usage and eventual, severe consequences as a result.

Actually, psychosis can be used to describe auditory hallucinations (at least medically).

It has to be rather consistent for it to be psychosis, which in itself is a very broad term.

With that I'm going to close this, I see no more valuable discussion coming from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.